Thread: Tinsley and Ike to Cleveland for Snow and #19

Default Tinsley and Ike to Cleveland for Snow and #19

Title says it all. Mike Brown knows how to make Tinsley play right; he'd pass well to LeBron, plus they get a decent young guy in Ike, who's better than anybody they'd get at #19.

Thoughts?
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Tinsley and Ike to Cleveland for Snow and #19

Ike is better than anyone they could get at 19? I don't know about that.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

Quote Originally Posted by Indy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Ike is better than anyone they could get at 19? I don't know about that.
    Shhhh....

Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    Title says it all. Mike Brown knows how to make Tinsley play right; he'd pass well to LeBron, plus they get a decent young guy in Ike, who's better than anybody they'd get at #19.

Thoughts?
    Mike Brown might like it but Dan Snyder won't sign off on it.

He's already stretched the budget into lux tax territory for role playing guys like Varejao and Pavlovic. He won't commit to an additional 2 years of Tinsley.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

If this could work, we would be in a great posish for snagging DJ White.

Quote Originally Posted by duke dynamite View Post
    If this could work, we would be in a great posish for snagging DJ White.
    If we snag DJ White at 19 the trade would be terrible. He is a late first rounder at best!! Cleveland has not had a first round pick in awhile so I do not know if they will do the deal. They also have some salary cap issues. Tinsley would be a good player for them. I would pull the trigger if I was Larry and look to take Thabeet, Hibbert, Arthur, or Speights at 19.

Yeah, I'm a Pacers fan. MyFavMartin's Avatar
    Mood

I was trying to think of teams that might want Tinsley and Cleveland and NY came to mind.

Would I like that trade? Yeah.

Do I think CLE would do it? Depends what they think of Delonte West and Daniel Gibson and if Mike Brown thinks Tinsley would be an improvement. I could see them taking him if the trade was right.

CLE is over the lux tax cap for next year already. A lot of salary comes off the next year (Wally, Smith, Snow). Committing to Tinsley doesn't bind them significantly long term as they have space after next year.

It'd be shocking if this happened: Ben Wallace for Murphy and Tinsley. One of those stupid trades that works on GM Checker but Wallace has not looked good and had the impact for CLE that he should.

If I was CLE I would keep West at PG and try to upgrade their SG position. That and try to figure what the heck is wrong with Big Ben.

If CLE trades for a PG, I would expect a bigger name, someone like Starbury... Starbury and Curry for Wallace and Wally?

I don't know that Cleveland would do this.

They have Delonte West at point guard. He has only been there since the deadline. I doubt they would replace him with Jamaal. Besides they have Daniel Gibson there too.

Otherwise it might be ok for them. I could see them having some interest in Ike as he could give them some post scoring.

Alright..

This is a horrible trade for either side. Tinsley is injury prone, trouble prone, and his contract is crap and Ike is young.

But.. still comparing that to the other side. Eric Snow is crap and he's been dropping off the last few years. He's more of a bench player now then a player that can run a team. Getting a Eric Snow and being happy about it making him your starter must mean Indiana fans are really desperate.

Ike for the 19th? No way.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by GrangerRanger View Post
    Alright..

This is a horrible trade for either side. Tinsley is injury prone, trouble prone, and his contract is crap and Ike is young.

But.. still comparing that to the other side. Eric Snow is crap and he's been dropping off the last few years. He's more of a bench player now then a player that can run a team. Getting a Eric Snow and being happy about it making him your starter must mean Indiana fans are really desperate.

Ike for the 19th? No way.
    I've been saying Tinsley for Snow forever on this board.

No way do you make Snow your starter. You let Owens go and you make Snow your third stringer behind Diener and either a player you draft, or Conley, Lowry, or Foye, who are all on rookie contracts still as well.

You only make this trade because it is one of the few deals you can actually make for Tinsley, who is a cancer and hated by the fans, and is also injury prone. Snow at least provides some depth. Yes it is 25 cents on the dollar, but you are never going to get more for Tinsley.

I really can't see Cleveland wanting Tinsley. I think he and LeBron would hate each other. Now that they have West to go with Gibson, their PG situation is actually pretty good. These guys are much better fits with LeBron than Tinsley is because they can shoot and can be effective without the ball in their hands.
    "A man with no belly has no appetite for life."

- Salman Rushdie

I don't see the Cavs wanting Tinsley. They need a good shooting, and good defending point guard. Lebron creates all the shots, they don't need a point guard to do that. So Tinsley is of no use to them. Plus Mike Brown knows all about JT.

Why not just buy Tinsley out? We're stuck with his contract, but at least the cancer is gone from the locker room. Besides next off season his contract becomes a commodity because it is expiring. Meanwhile Tinsley isn't in the locker room to ruin our chemistry.

Quote Originally Posted by DrBadd01 View Post
    Why not just buy Tinsley out? We're stuck with his contract, but at least the cancer is gone from the locker room. Besides next off season his contract becomes a commodity because it is expiring. Meanwhile Tinsley isn't in the locker room to ruin our chemistry.
    If we buy him out we can't trade him.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

streets ahead

Quote Originally Posted by DrBadd01 View Post
    because he'd still be on the cap for the next three years and as anthem mentioned he can go play somewhere else while we pay him. if he had fewer years left on his deal it could be a consideration but not at this point.
    This is the darkest timeline.