Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Pacers at Wizards Post-Game: End of the Road

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Pacers at Wizards Post-Game: End of the Road

I don't really see anyone wanting Mike's contract even with the numbers he has put up this season. I say we keep him!

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    How many of you think he could kill a whole bowl with one bong rip?

Nope. Not in 24 seconds, anyway.
    And I won't be here to see the day
    It all dries up and blows away
    I'd hang around just to see
    But they never had much use for me
    In Levelland. (James McMurtry)

We have all summer to talk about this, but I'm looking forward to this draft more than any I can remember.

I think the Pacers basically have 2 above average legitimate NBA starters in JO and Granger. Dunleavy on the right team. JO, whatever your take on him, is injury prone just by definition of the last 4 or 5 years. That leaves one legit starter and its at a position that you won't have an advantage at every night.

Internally you can look to guys getting better in Shawne and Ike, but I think you could see significant progress from Shawn if JO is moved and he bulks up, but Ike is in no mans land. The answer isn't solely there, obviously.

With all that said with a dominant point guard a lot of the peripherial pieces fit. Problem is Chris Paul isn't walking in that door any time soon with a Pacer uniform on.

This is going to be a very very interesting summer.

I'm not a negative poster and I loved the effort by these guys and most of them could be bench guys or niche guys on a good team.

All I'm saying is they aren't even close and it needs to be addressed that way.

It is ka Thankee sai Major Cold's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I will take good effort losers over bad effort not as bad losers any day.

woman without a team

Quote Originally Posted by Kegboy View Post
    Would he have preferred if I were there making Stanko's Russian Diner jokes? Frankly I think he'd just be confused.
    You mean he doesn't lurk around here?

I would be very hesitant to trade Dunleavy - and I certainly would not trade him for anything less than a starter.

Granger and Dunleavy seem to get along just fine. I've seen Mike get frustrated with Danny at times this season for not passing the ball (but Danny has a little tunnel vision at times, but did improve later in the season)

Overall, I'm not sure Mike is too popular with his teammates. He gets frustrated quite often on the court and just seems like a quiet guy who isn't a barrel of laughs. Just seems as though he has a dour personality. And for that matter not sure Granger is a real popular guy with his teammates either.
    Last edited by Unclebuck; 04-15-2008 at 09:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    I would be very hesitant to trade Dunleavy - and I certainly would not trade him for anything less than a starter.

Granger and Dunleavy seem to get along just fine. I've seen Mike get frustrated with danny at thimes this season for not passing the ball (but Danny got a little at not having tunnel vision - later in the season)

Overall, I'm not sure Mike is too popular with his teammates. He gets frustrated quite often on the court and just seems like a quiet guy who isn't a barrel of laughs. Just seems as though he has a dour personality. And for that matter not sure Granger is a real popular guy with his teammates either.
    Disclaimer: This is not aimed at Unclebuck - I'm only expanding on his quote.

Seeing how these are two of the hardest working and best players, I think we should be questioning the reasoning of "the teammates" instead of these two.

Can't fault either one for not being the types to hang out with some of the others at the strip clubs or carry around guns or drugs. My guess is they didn't frequent JO's club when it was open, either. That is not to give dis-service to JO's place, or compare it to a strip club. Its just that they don't seem to be club-hoppers.

The thing is, the Pacers are trying to bring back the fans and these two are two of the guys that can really help make that happen. They both seem to be upstanding people, don't bring legal problems with them, and represent the team well on the court and off. I'm not sure that trading either one of them would be in the best interest of the franchise from a basketball or PR aspect.

You Did It Joseph!!!! AesopRockOn's Avatar
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by AesopRockOn View Post
    Philly held on! The announcers finally got excited!
    Correction! I had sex with Katie too! http://sports.espn.go.com/broadband/...goryId=2459788

They must be now!

Quote Originally Posted by Kofi View Post
    The way Granger has played since the All-Star break has certainly leads me to believe he could become at least close to an elite player. He's raised his game above other second-string youngsters like Luol Deng and Andre Iguodala.
    his team is in the playoffs so i donno about all that...
    "GIMMIE DAT!"-DANGER

WE REALLY NEED GUYS WHO CAN REBOUND! WE GOT KILLED ON THE GLASS ALL SEASON! IT IS DISSAPOINTING TO BE OUT OF THE PLAYOFFS BUT MAYBE WITH SOME OFFSEASON TUNING AND ADDITIONS WE CAN MAKE IT BACK NEXT SEASON. BYE BYE O'BRIEN!
    "GIMMIE DAT!"-DANGER

Quote Originally Posted by OnlyPacersLeft View Post
    WE REALLY NEED GUYS WHO CAN REBOUND! WE GOT KILLED ON THE GLASS ALL SEASON!

Rebounding was OK. (I think defense is much more of a problem) Pacers were the 8th best defensive rebounding team in the NBA. 22nd best offensive rebounding team - That isn't too bad overall.

Rebounding was OK. (I think defense is much more of a problem) Pacers were the 8th best defensive rebounding team in the NBA. 22nd best offensive rebounding team - That isn't too bad overall.
    I wonder how those numbers would be without Jeff.

Quote Originally Posted by Speed View Post
    I wonder how those numbers would be without Jeff.
    I wonder what our record would be without Jeff. My guess is his effort and his energy won a lot of games for the Pacers this season. (they sure seemed different last night without him)

Quote Originally Posted by Kegboy View Post
    Funny, that's how I feel whenever Btown posts.

You're getting the hose again.

Granger and Dunleavy seem to get along just fine. I've seen Mike get frustrated with Danny at times this season for not passing the ball (but Danny has a little tunnel vision at times, but did improve later in the season)
    You hit on a couple of interesting things. I agree with your sentiment about trading or not trading Dunleavy. He's our 2nd best player right now, and we can't really afford to give him away. If we're going to build around Dun and Granger, I really think we need to get a very good defensive PG to play alongside them. You need to have 2 good perimeter defenders. If we have a strong defensive PG, it makes it much easier for us to hide Dun a bit on defense. Also, I think that Dun initiates a lot of our offense, so a guy like Westbrook could play with these guys because he doesn't necessarily have to have the ball in his hands all the time.

As for Danny, I'm incredibly impressed. I never thought he'd be the type of scorer that he's become over the course of this season. To really take his game to the next level, however, he really needs to work on his passing. That's what puts guys like Iguodala ahead of him for the time being. Danny very rarely drives to create a shot for someone else, and he often winds up missing some difficult shots when the defense collapses. He has been better at this lately. I'd also like to see Danny learn how to do this when there is a post player in the game on offense, be it JO or someone else.

If Danny can become a 24 ppg, 6 reb, 4 ast, 2 stl, 1 blk type of guy for next season, I think we'll have a legit. star to build around, even if he is a SF.
    "A man with no belly has no appetite for life."

- Salman Rushdie

Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    Betcha guys wish now we had a better draft pick.
    Not even a little bit.

You think Danny would have tested his wings like this if the team was in tank mode? This recent offensive explosion was because the dude was trying to win. If we were in tank mode we wouldn't have realized that he could do that.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    Not even a little bit.

You think Danny would have tested his wings like this if the team was in tank mode? This recent offensive explosion was because the dude was trying to win. If we were in tank mode we wouldn't have realized that he could do that.
    Yeah, kid showed huge cajones down the stretch. I feel god-awful that we're not going to get to see him in the playoffs - I'm sure he'd excel.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I don't see the Frodo comparison. Maybe a skinner Sam, with the blonde look but not Frodo.