Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Peja Stojakovic

Offical Thread Killer TheSauceMaster's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Peja Stojakovic

I know he is listed a SF , But didn't he Play SG this last season for the Kings ?

Excuse my ignorance if I am wrong

Default Re: Peja Stojakovic

I know he is listed a SF , But didn't he Play SG this last season for the Kings ?

Doug Christie played SG.

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

Mood

Doug Christie played SG.
    Damn I should Know that ..grrrr , thanks for waking me up

Well that Kills my Nice trade Idea

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Doug Christie played SG.
    Damn I should Know that ..grrrr , thanks for waking me up

Well that Kills my Nice trade Idea
    Don't feel bad... it would've been killed anyway!

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Larry is not coming back, he didn't have a meeting with Orlando for not reason, yeah he is coming back to the NBA but not to the Pacers, the notion that he is a taking a year off and then come back is absurd.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    GOOD GOD THAT'S LARRY BIRD'S MUSIC!

Mood

Don't feel bad... it would've been killed anyway!

I doubt it , Peja is not in good light right now

peja is awesome... i think he could play the 2 on offense and ron could play the 2 on d...
    Here, everyone have a : on me

LAPacer

peja is awesome... i think he could play the 2 on offense and ron could play the 2 on d...
    Even though he was broke for the Kings this past post-season. Peja is still very very good. The Pacers would win 65+ games if they got Peja and didn't lose their nucleus doing it. It would be over, if they got an upgrade at center as well.

If Peja were to come here, then surely we would have to keep Pollard too!

Mood

Funny thing is Most Kings fans feel like alot of us do , We don't wanna give up Artest for Peja and Kings fans seem not to want Artest for Peja.

Peja disappears every year in the playoffs not just tis year.

erdega79

There are lies and then there are [size=24:e4f2633872] LIES[/size]. There is lots of hate and jealousy for euro players particularly successful ones like Peja and Dirk. Pacers would probably kill to get Peja for Artest. Peja is purely better player all around and L.Bird would probably made that deal in a split second and I am not that opposed to it having followed Peja for a long time. He'd probably be better off out of Sacto .

erdega79

Peja is a shooting forward. I mean I like Artest to a point but you guys overrate him. Although he is primarily a defender he can't guard quick guards (Wade and Rip recently) and his offense is ugly and inefficient. I think Artest is more like a flavour of the month and in 3 years he will become what he is , an average player.

Peja is a shooting forward
    no kidding... :P
    Here, everyone have a : on me

KINGSFREAK!!!

Peja can play the 2, 3, or even 4 in a small lineup.

As for Peja for Artest, straight-up? I would take it if I was Petrie, Artest is EXACTLY, and I mean EXACTLY what the Kings need. If the Kings were still thinking about winning the championship as soon as possible, and not building a young nucleus for the future, this trade is for the taking. But, it's highly unlikely to go down.

IMO, Artest is a better all-around player. He's a hell of a lot better defender, although Peja isn't a bad defender. Artest isn't afraid to take it to the hole, whereas Peja is.

Formerly PacerFanInAZ Cactus Jax's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

As for Peja for Artest, straight-up? I would take it if I was Petrie, Artest is EXACTLY, and I mean EXACTLY what the Kings need. If the Kings were still thinking about winning the championship as soon as possible, and not building a young nucleus for the future, this trade is for the taking. But, it's highly unlikely to go down.

IMO, Artest is a better all-around player. He's a hell of a lot better defender, although Peja isn't a bad defender. Artest isn't afraid to take it to the hole, whereas Peja is.
    What about Artest and Pollard for Peja? Really the ony problem with this idea is that I don't think a 2/3 combo of Peja and Al Harrington would work, both are too big. I'd rather keep Artest and if that means not getting Peja then so be it.
    "It's just unfortunate that we've been penalized so much this year and nothing has happened to the Pistons, the Palace or the city of Detroit," he said. "It's almost like it's always our fault. The league knows it. They should be ashamed of themselves to let the security be as lax as it is around here."

----------------- Reggie Miller

erdega79

What the kings exactly need is a new coach and interior defense. Artest can only guard bulky guys like him so his defense is limited and his offense is bad.
    As I said L. Bird wouldn't think twice about trading for Peja .

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

What the kings exactly need is a new coach and interior defense. Artest can only guard bulky guys like him so his defense is limited and his offense is bad.
    WHAT??? Artest's defense is limited? ed: He did a damn good job on Rip when he got the time to guard him for a full game. Guys like Kobe, Rip, Lebron, Melo etc. are nearly impossible for anybody else to guard, and Ron does as well as anybody I've seen by far on the ball/
    "It's just unfortunate that we've been penalized so much this year and nothing has happened to the Pistons, the Palace or the city of Detroit," he said. "It's almost like it's always our fault. The league knows it. They should be ashamed of themselves to let the security be as lax as it is around here."

peja is a terrible defender

KINGSFREAK!!!

No, we don't need a new coach. There is nobody out there who would do a better job than Adelman. Byron Scott could have been a possibility, but he's taken. Plus, it's Adelman that gets the Kings in position to win games, but it's up to Peja "No Balls" Stojakovic and Chris "Damn, I'm Good" Webber to screw it up.

Artest would give us some much needed athleticism and defense in general. I don't know what Artest you were watching but he held, I think the stat was TMac, Iverson, and some other top tier shooting guards to 9 points a game. It's not a myth that Artest is a great defender. Christie is starting to show signs of wear and tear, and can't carry the load all by himself.

erdega79

WHAT??? Artest's defense is limited? ed: He did a damn good job on Rip when he got the time to guard him for a full game. Guys like Kobe, Rip, Lebron, Melo etc. are nearly impossible for anybody else to guard, and Ron does as well as anybody I've seen by far on the ball/
    laugh all u want but Wade and Rip scored on him.

erdega79

please ask Nowitzki,Nash and Finley how terrible he is

KINGSFREAK!!!

Not true. He is a decent defender and can hold his own. In fact, he was number 10 in the league in steals.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/statis...4&seasontype=3

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

laugh all u want but Wade and Rip scored on him.
    Wade and Rip score on everyone. Like I said earlier, almost all of Rip's scoring came when artest wasn't on him, and Wade was playing like Jordan at times in that series, where NOBODY will stop him.

erdega79

No, we don't need a new coach. There is nobody out there who would do a better job than Adelman. Byron Scott could have been a possibility, but he's taken. Plus, it's Adelman that gets the Kings in position to win games, but it's up to Peja "No Balls" Stojakovic and Chris "Damn, I'm Good" Webber to screw it up.

Artest would give us some much needed athleticism and defense in general. I don't know what Artest you were watching but he held, I think the stat was TMac, Iverson, and some other top tier shooting guards to 9 points a game. It's not a myth that Artest is a great defender. Christie is starting to show signs of wear and tear, and can't carry the load all by himself.
    I watched kings for 5 years and there is no way they will ever win with Adelman. He is a mediocre coach and a terrible playoff coach and a whiner and excuse maker. He never adjusts and his 7 man rotations are killers . He doesn't develop young talent and he doesn't know how to call a timeout. Oh and he looks like Hitler too
    Artest will give you athleticism?
    Obviously you don't know what you are talking about. Can he even dunk?
    Artest is a heavy body so you got to learn laws of physics before opening your yap

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

I watched kings for 5 years and there is no way they will ever win with Adelman. He is a mediocre coach and a terrible coach playoff coach and a whiner and excuse maker. He never adjusts and his 7 man rotations are killers . He doesn't develop young talent and he doesn't know how to call a timeout. Oh and he looks like Hitler too
    Artest will give you athleticism?
    Obviously you don't know what you are talking about. Can he even dunk?
    Artest is a heavy body so you got to learn laws of physics before opening your yap
    Artest is VERY athletic for his size, plus his weight is nearly all muscle which only affects his speed slightly. He's not like "Fatoine" Walker.