Thread: My Wacky Trade Idea #2

Default My Wacky Trade Idea #2

I have the feeling this is a ripoff for the other guys, but hear me out.

Indiana trades:
    Pollard
    Bender
    Harrington

Cleveland trades:
    Illgauskas
    Wagner
    Boozer

Why we do it: Wagnar is a SG. Boozer is Dale Davis with offense. Illgauskas is for some reason liked by Bird (or so I've read), and would give us a Smits-ish center to use.

Why they do it: They get rid of Illgauskas' condor of a contract, which if much larger than any other player they have. Wagnar doesn't seem to have a role anymore on their team. Boozer's where it gets hairy. They'd have to feel they're getting a lot of talent immediately in Harrington, who'd probably start in Boozer's place, and in Bender. If they believe in Bender like Donnie seems to, he and Al together might sell them on it. Pollard is to help plug the hole at C until they get someone they really want. Plus they still have Diop and Battie to play C.

Our lineup:

Tinsley - AJ
    Reggie or Wagner/ Freddie
    Artest - Croshere
    O'Neal - Boozer
    Foster or Illgauskas

Really lots of ways you could go with that front court. Could make JO the C and play Boozer with him, and let Boozer handle the bigger man on defense. Keep it as is and have two capable players off the bench. Or go all offense and start JO and Z together.

Point of this trade was I knew we wanted to get a SG and get bigger. We're huge in this situation.

Probably a very unrealstic trade, but it's summer so I'm throwing out here to see if it sticks.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: My Wacky Trade Idea #2

Talent-wise, its not a bad deal.

But Cleveland isnt going to give up one of the few talented centers in the NBA, and Boozer, whom they're in LOVE with, for two guys that play the same position more or less. Pollard is no consolation.

Bender I see fitting in GREAT with James, but I don't see AL meshing with him.

And on Indiana's side, Wagner is basically freddie Jones minus the defense. He scores a little better, but I'd rather have Jones over him.

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

sweabs

Yeah it's very unrealistic - Cavs aren't gonna get rid of Booze.

Plus, I really don't like Wagner that much. He hasn't shown me much.

Plus Big Z will be in the last year of his contract next season. It's a huge amount of money but he'll be off the books at the end of the season or they could trade him to a team that wants salary relief for some quality players.

Al for Boozer: good for us
    Bender for Wagnar: iffy.... neither one has shown much
    Pollard for Z: big steal

The only way Cleveland does this is if they really want to dump Z, and they're totally enamored with Al and Jon. This would be a huge steal for us.
    Official Member of the Anti-Alliteration Association

And on Indiana's side, Wagner is basically freddie Jones minus the defense. He scores a little better, but I'd rather have Jones over him.
    Maybe, but we'd still have Freddy so it's not a problem. If we need D more, we play Fred. If we need scoring more, we play Wagner. I could see Wagner blossom into a real offensive threat.

No way in hell are you going to pry Boozer out of the Cavs. without using the names of Artest or O'Neal.

I'm not even sure the name Artest would do it.

I would kill for Carlos Boozer. I would trade Artest for Boozer (whistles while waiting for Uncle Buck to revive from passing out).

Personnaly I would think about O'neal, but then I would come to my senses. I wouldn't take Boozer for O'Neal btw.

In case you couldn't tell, I love Carlos Boozer. He is everything that I like in a basketball player.

Of course, then in rereading I see that you compare him to Dale which only further shows why I love the Booze.

In retrospect, Dale Davis is God.

Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

sweabs

Dajuan Wagner

02-03:
    Field Goal % = .369
    3 Point % = .316

03-04:
    Field Goal % = .366
    3 Point % = .360

Cleveland wouldn't trade Boozer straight up for Harrington, Bender and Pollard (can't anyway because of the cap but you get my meaning).
    The poster formerly known as Rimfire

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

That would give us a killer frontline, but I'm not sure if Wagner is the SG we're looking for. I'd still seriously consider it, though.