Thread: Malone out until mid-to-late March

Default Malone out until mid-to-late March

Guess we'll have to "settle" with trying to beat 3 HOFers this time (Monday).

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=1722301

Malone, who was in Arkansas visiting his brother and nursing a right knee injury, was not amused. Lakers officials said Thursday they don't expect the 40-year-old Malone to be able to play until mid-to-late March.
    So, no chance we can beat the full-strength Lakers this regular season, but I'll take a win against a team with Payton, Kobe, and Shaq on it.

Default Re: Malone out until mid-to-late March

SALT LAKE CITY (AP) -- Karl Malone was offended by a mock phone call that made fun of him and teammate Kobe Bryant during a timeout of the Lakers' game at Utah last week.

``For them to put that out there about him, that's disrespectful,'' Malone said. ``I will never, ever forgive them for this. No class at all.''

Malone, who played 18 seasons with the Jazz, did not attend the game last Saturday because of a knee injury. It was supposed to be his first game as an opponent in Utah.

During a stoppage, Jazz mascot ``Bear'' answered a fake call that was broadcast over the loudspeakers. The caller imitated Malone's voice and identified himself as ``Mail,'' saying he wanted to come ``home,'' L.A. fans were ``mean'' to him and the Lakers don't pass him the ball.

The call ended with the imitator saying, ``I guess it could be worse. I could be Ko...,'' stopping short of saying Kobe.

Bryant had spent the previous day in Colorado, where he's facing a trial on a sexual assault charge.

``That kind of stuff there is like pathetic. If an athlete would have did that, we'd have been talking about it for the rest of the year on SportsCenter,'' Malone said before the Lakers' home game against Seattle on Wednesday.

Later in the game, Jazz owner Larry Miller was handed a cell phone for a second call from the fake Malone and was cheered when he promptly hung up.

Miller did not immediately return a message seeking comment Thursday.

Malone said he had no problem with the Jazz poking fun at him, but the Bryant reference was in poor taste.

``I guarantee you, I'll have the last say on this. You can print that. That little skit they did, it'll cost them. I guarantee you,'' Malone said.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_yl...v=ap&type=lgns

___

I realize that Malone isn't the most popular guy in the world but that's a low blow. Especially after everything he's given that franchise over the yeras.

Shooter

The Lakers are certainly in everyone's sights now.

Formerly PacerFanInAZ Cactus Jax's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Well like I posted in a topic on the old board I think, Kobe's probably not playing because he has to go to court on February 2nd, and 3rd, and with the game on the 2nd, he'd have to stay in Colorado for the next day.
    "It's just unfortunate that we've been penalized so much this year and nothing has happened to the Pistons, the Palace or the city of Detroit," he said. "It's almost like it's always our fault. The league knows it. They should be ashamed of themselves to let the security be as lax as it is around here."

----------------- Reggie Miller

haha....too bad for him... i wish they would have done it again ...
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

That's just amazing to me. Why would they go out of their way to **** off a player that's been the face of the franchise for over a decade?

Stupid decision. Somebody's gonna lose their job over it.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!