Thread: How Important Does Croshere become IF....

diego

Default How Important Does Croshere become IF....

OK. This question is obviously contingent upon lots of things happening. But how important does Croshere become if we lose either AL or Bender or both in a possible trade.

For example, what if somehow we trade Bender and Harrington for Tmac. At that point Croshere becomes our back up PF. IMO he becomes very important. Or if we trader Al for someone, I assume Cro gets a lot of minutes at the PF and Bender at SF.

My point being i think Cro could become a very important piece next year if the lineup shakes up due to trades. And I think Bird and carlisle both like Cro a lot. They like his willingness to be a role player and the fact that he never complains and is always ready to play.

I also think that Cro showed his value against Detroit which will be who we have to go through again next year. So all in all I could see Cro being very important to our lineup next year if the line up is indeed changed by trading Al/Bender/Both.

Would you guys be ok with him as our backup PF? I liek the look of this lineup a lot:

Starters ---- back ups
    Tins --- Brewer/AJ
    SG --- Freddie/Reggie
    Artest --- James Jones
    JO ---- Cro
    Dampier --- Foster/Brezec

I like this lineup because we no longer have bench players worried about their minutes and starting. All of those bench players would relish the role player status and would make the lineup much more consistent.

Default Re: How Important Does Croshere become IF....

I don't think there is a Pacers fan anywhere who thinks that Croshere is not capable of playing very, very well 20-25 minutes a night.

Yes if Bender or AL are traded, Cro is very important. He might start earning his salary

UB is right. If cro gets consistent playing time, he will be able to find his groove. I wouldn't expect him to be a 6th man candidate, but he would get the job done.

All those in favor signify by raising your hand!
    The best exercise of the human heart is reaching down and picking someone else up.

LAPacer

Cro is very important. He might start earning his salary
    Are you serious?? Actually earn his salary... I like Cro, but he's been given plenty of opportunity to show his value. He just isn't worth his salary. I don't see his game evolving to change that fact.

Cro is very important. He might start earning his salary
    Are you serious?? Actually earn his salary... I like Cro, but he's been given plenty of opportunity to show his value. He just isn't worth his salary. I don't see his game evolving to change that fact.
    Notice I said, "he might start" . I did not say he will earn his salary

I wonder how valuable Austin is in the locker room...I haven't heard anything ever about that.

Notice I said, "he might start"
    NewsFlash:

Unclebuck says Croshere might start next year!!!!

I'm going to have to start a new thread......... :P
    PSN: MRat731 XBL: MRat0731

diego

I think ultimately what Cro brings is extreme unselfishness and professionalism. He has never whined about playing time, never called out team in public, always plays hard, and is always ready to play even if he hasnt played in three weeks.

I am willing to bet if he got Al type minutes he would put up same points with better rebounding, and dare i say more consistent. Al has gotten a free ride because of potential, and Al is my favorite player...but i still feel if Cro got those minutes he would the same averages as Al does. Now i still think Al is a better player and as a starter somewhere will put up better numbers than Cro could, but in a back up role, i like Cro.

I wonder how valuable Austin is in the locker room...I haven't heard anything ever about that.
    First let me say that I don't know. But as I have said many times I tend to watch the bench very closely during the timeouts when I am at the games in person, and that gives me a little insight into their personanality and the impression I get is that Croshere is a quiet guy, maybe not everyones best friend, he tends to stay to himself to a certain degree.

Foster, who is good friends with Cro, on the other hand is much more talkative with his teammates.

let me repeat that I don't know thea answer to your question about how Cro is in the locker room, I do know he is a very hard worker and is willing to do what the coach wants.

MagicRat NewsFlash:

Unclebuck says Croshere might start next year

I have never been unhappy with Croshere. I just felt that when Isiah was here, his system did not help with Cro's game. But with this system and coaching staff, he fits in well with the half court game. And he is very consistant in my opinion when playing consistant minutes. I feel as though if he gets 20 min a game, he can produce.
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

I'll admit, at the end of last season and the beginning of this one, my opinion of Austin was pretty low. But through the course of the year, peaking in the playoffs [which is just another reason to like Cro], I realised all he needed was a more organised system to succeed.

Austin can [and I think will] be a valuable player for the Pacers. If he gets consistent minutes and he knows his role, he can be very good.
    Official Member of the Anti-Alliteration Association

I think the first thing that people have to do with Croshere is put the contract out of thier minds.

We offered it, he signed it so there is nothing we the fans can do about it.

The fact is though what role does he play on our team.

Is he a good team mate? I have never ever heard otherwise.

Does he complain about his role? When Zeke was here he wondered aloud about his role, but then again so did many of us. He seems to have accepted his lot in life & makes it a point to say that he tries to be a role model for other bench players.

Does he bring anything to the court? Yes. He brings a lot actually. First of all he follows the Doctors creed, do no harm. He does not do anything stupid when he is on the floor. He willingly does all of the little things. He is a good rebounder. He has a nice outside shot. He can drive to the basket. He is a great freethrow shooter (something on this team that cannot be undervalued). He is not the worst defender on the planet.

Does he cause coaches problems? No. Even Zeke who obviousley wasn't his biggest fan never complained about Cro.

In other words, to me, he seems like a great bench player. He just cost more than what we should be paying. However that is what will prohibit from moving him as well.

Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

Quote Originally Posted by "diego
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

Would you guys be ok with him as our backup PF? I liek the look of this lineup a lot:

Starters ---- back ups
    Tins --- Brewer/AJ
    SG --- Freddie/Reggie
    Artest --- James Jones
    JO ---- Cro
    Dampier --- Foster/Brezec
    Not to side track your thread but I'm surprised no one else mentioned this.........

You moved Harrington & Bender & only added Dampier!

Croshere is almost assured of a larger role once Harrington is moved.

diego

Jose,
    if you notice i put in SG based on the fact i figure someone new there too.

Artificial Intelligence wintermute's Avatar

yes definitely croshere would have a bigger role. it's likely that he will be the "untradable" guy after all

plus, after reggie and bender, he may have the best outside shot on the team. and we all know how our outside shooting as a team needs improving...