Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Donnie's still here?

Default Donnie's still here?

http://www2.indystar.com/autofocus/g...slides/1461/13

I found this to be super seriously interesting.

I don't know how to post pictures but I think the picture is worth 1000 words?
    "Sometimes, when you look Andy in the eyes, you get a feeling somebody else is driving." -- David Letterman

Default Re: Donnie's still here?

I love Donnie, I'm sad to see him go. Seriously sad.

I miss him already. I'm not even being sarcastic. I think he's the only reason the pacers are what they are and the main reason I"m a fan.

That said, he's with the enemy now, so I don't think it is appropriate for him to be here?
    Last edited by Kaufman; 04-07-2008 at 12:20 AM.
    "Sometimes, when you look Andy in the eyes, you get a feeling somebody else is driving." -- David Letterman

Is that picture playing tricks with my eyes, or is Donnie wearing green striped pants?

If he's going to be wearing pants like that, it's just as well that he heads to New York.

Isn't he here til the end of the season or something like that?

they look pea green...

he must just be so close with the simons that he feels that he can be here and they are ok with that....

i thought he was here until he found another job, which he has done. Incredible.

its kind of like when hayden fox gave the play book to Jake the snake and let jake stand on the sidelines before it was announced they were going to be playing each other in the hula bowl.
    Last edited by Kaufman; 04-07-2008 at 12:40 AM.

I feel bad because Im a Walsh fan but I called him out a few months ago for the team being so bad. Now its kinda mixed emotions for me. The guy, I can't say how much I respect him. He did great with us, it's just nothing ever lasts forever. I think both parties needed a fresh start. So while I feel bad he's gone, I'm kinda optimistic about the future. I'm ready for more Knick/Pacers playoff games. It's almost like we had the two best CEOs out there, but together they conflicted, and the team just fell to pieces after the brawl and that was noones fault other than the fans and the players that participated. As much as I disliked the Knicks back in the day, I'm almost positive he'll bring New York back and Bird will do the same with Indiana.

Heres to many more great rivalry games (just as long as Indiana gets a championship along the way).

Who knows maybe Indiana and New York will work together to get to the top again, just because both teams are missing what used to be. I mean New York still makes the money, but they have been horrid. Plus Im sure they were makine 5 times as much in the 90s.

New York needs us we need New York. I can't say there was a better rivalry in the mid to late 90s, because Chicago, was well of course, Chicago. Everyone wore their hearts on their sleeves and it was a great time to be a fan.

Im probably just way out there in dream land right now but I feel the rivalry reurning someday soon.

Hopefully he's seeing for himself that JO's actually playing games and working on a deal for Marbury ('s contract), Lee, and picks.

Quote Originally Posted by tdubb03 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hopefully he's seeing for himself that JO's actually playing games and working on a deal for Marbury ('s contract), Lee, and picks.
    Just what I'm hoping. I'll take that anyday

Quote Originally Posted by Midcoasted View Post
    Just what I'm hoping. I'll take that anyday
    A Curry/Randolph/JO frontcourt would be unstoppable! How much salary is that, 80 billion?

A Curry/Randolph/JO frontcourt would be unstoppable! How much salary is that, 80 billion?
    There are soooo many words that I would use to describe that frontcourt...unstoppable is not one of them.

Couldn't that frontcourt afford to buy Jim Dolan out? They could pool their money and fire Isiah if they didn't like him. Hell, if any player on the team didn't pass them the ball, they could buy them out. Also, they could pay LeBron 30mil/year to take the minimum to come play with them. Hell, if they get Jerome James and Jared Jeffries to contribute, they might also be able to convince D-Wade to come and be that team's starter at the other backcourt position (with LeBron).

I've got a bunch more of these overpaid jokes btw...I'm here all night.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

"Where the Indiana Knicks happen."

Quote Originally Posted by rexnom View Post
    There are soooo many words that I would use to describe that frontcourt...unstoppable is not one of them.
    I just want to make sure you know I was being extremely sarcastic.

I read in a NY paper where Donnie was going to spend a few days in Indiana. Meaning he had some stuff to do in Indiana like cleaning out his Pacer office, etc.

One assumes you're talking about on defense. They'd be the ultimate unstoppers.
    The poster formerly known as Rimfire

Sports Logo Sports Logo

I'm pretty sure that Donnie was just there to watch the game. He probably still owns the suite until the end of the season and since he was in town taking care of business he decided to take in some NBA action in his suite.
    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81
    Larry is not coming back, he didn't have a meeting with Orlando for not reason, yeah he is coming back to the NBA but not to the Pacers, the notion that he is a taking a year off and then come back is absurd.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    GOOD GOD THAT'S LARRY BIRD'S MUSIC!

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Will Galen View Post
    I read in a NY paper where Donnie was going to spend a few days in Indiana. Meaning he had some stuff to do in Indiana like cleaning out his Pacer office, etc.
    Looks more like he was watching a game...

IN GOOFY GREEN PANTS!

"These are my recreation clothes"

LOL
    Last edited by duke dynamite; 04-08-2008 at 03:04 AM.

Maybe it's because it's almost five am, maybe it's because I have no shame but I can't hold it in any longer...I'm going to miss Donnie Walsh. A lot.

Professional Beachcomber mildlysane's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Where was security?

...j/k!

Look at the guy scarfing down the popcorn...cool it dude, the kid's not gonna eat that much.

He shouldn't be going out this way. He's done way too much for this city and franchise. The lack of any form of recognition saddens me.
    The best exercise of the human heart is reaching down and picking someone else up.

ABA,

I don't think he is going out with "lack of any form of recognition" from me at least. I really love the guy, I think he's done wonders for this team and for the city as a whole. So don't get me wrong. I'll become a "secondary" fan of the Knicks simply because he'll be running it and I want to see him do well.

My list of favorite Pacers in order:
    1. Chuck Person
    2. Reggie Miller
    3. Donnie Walsh
    4. Mark Jackson
    5. Dale Davis
    6. Rik Smits

So its not that I don't love the guy.

My point is - He has taken a job with ANOTHER team. I think him being here after that fact sort of clouds the scenario up again of who is in charge, and I don't think it really puts Larry Bird in a good position when Donnie is still walking around the office or at games and getting treated like the boss.

I don't know.

I have very mixed feelings about this. I don't wanna sound ungrateful to Donnie either.

I just don't know that it is the best for the team and management. He has taken another job. Didn't even give it a month, he just took another job. So I don't feel that we owe him the courtesy, I'm not sure that he gave it to us.

Essentially, I'm just very hurt that he's leaving. I think Larry Bird is going to be a blunder. I don't think this team is going to get better before it gets worse. Unless Larry gets lots of help, in which case it won't necessarily be Bird's doing.

I wasn't focusing on your comments Kaufman. I just meant he seems to be leaving under a cloud that doesn't belong there. If he were retiring I think there would be a big deal made of it. He's a good man and I always believed he always tried to do the right thing for this team.
    The best exercise of the human heart is reaching down and picking someone else up.

I agree with you. I wish the cloud wasn't there either.

I think that because it is in the middle of the season, it is creating a lot of drama... people asking why and why not this that and the other thing. But I think he had to do it in the middle of the season probably to secure that Knicks job. But then one can ask why they couldn't wait till season's end.

Its weird. It makes it uncomfortable for Pacers fans, and uncomfortable for Isiah Thomas, I guess is what it boils down to.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaufman View Post
    Its weird. It makes it uncomfortable for Pacers fans, and uncomfortable for Isiah Thomas, I guess is what it boils down to.
    After the way he treated Don Chaney and Larry Brown I'd say Isiah has some uncomfortableness due.
    The poster formerly known as Rimfire