Thread: Jacksonville Jags = Trouble

Default Re: Jacksonville Jags = Trouble

That, in a nutshell, is why we own them, despite there being a close proximity in respective talent levels.

Jacksonville has had several players in trouble w/ the law & all anybody hears about are the Bengals. If Goddell really is out to clean up the leagues image he ought to put a limit on the amount of arrest per team and take away draft picks after that: ie If you have over ten arrests as a team you will lose your first round draft pick.

With the amount of arrests in the NFL the last few seasons, I wouldn't be against a legit zero-tolerance policy. Get arrested, minimum 1 year ban. Happens again, banned for life. To hell with whatever the NFLPA has to say about it, show these guys playing a pro sport's a privilege.

What a racist POS. Maybe getting torched by Reggie Wayne repeatedly really got to his head. Guy is so bad at CB that they are probably moving him to safety.

And on a side note, Jacksonville is such a trashy area in Florida. I go there every year for the UGA vs Gators game and it's just garbage.

Quote Originally Posted by tdubb03 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    With the amount of arrests in the NFL the last few seasons, I wouldn't be against a legit zero-tolerance policy. Get arrested, minimum 1 year ban. Happens again, banned for life. To hell with whatever the NFLPA has to say about it, show these guys playing a pro sport's a privilege.
    I agree completely.

Fat, Drunk and Stupid Lord Helmet's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Moses View Post
    What a racist POS. Maybe getting torched by Reggie Wayne repeatedly really got to his head. Guy is so bad at CB that they are probably moving him to safety.

And on a side note, Jacksonville is such a trashy area in Florida. I go there every year for the UGA vs Gators game and it's just garbage.

I agree completely.
    Don't read the Jaguar forums.

They make threats on there to kill Colts players because they can't beat us.

Pathetic.
    Super Bowl XLI Champions
    2000 Eastern Conference Champions

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

What a rant.

I hope this will get the appropriate media attention.

Ah hahhaha....you gotta love Jacksonville. 2nd fiddle douches
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

Quote Originally Posted by tdubb03 View Post
    Playing pro sports isn't a privilege, it's a job.

And getting arrested is not proof of guilt. Lot's of innocent people are arrested. But I don't mind automatic suspensions for severe felonies or unusually stupid crimes (DUIs, domestic abuse).

Quote Originally Posted by King Tuts Tomb View Post
    Playing pro sports isn't a privilege, it's a job.

And getting arrested is not proof of guilt. Lot's of innocent people are arrested. But I don't mind automatic suspensions for severe felonies or unusually stupid crimes (DUIs, domestic abuse).
    As is being a fry cook at McDonald's making $5.50 an hour. As is making under $50k for being an IPS teacher. The vast majority these guys wouldn't be near qualified for the latter. I don't disagree that being an NFL player is a job. That does not mean it isn't a privilege. If being a millionaire to play a game I played, and still play to a much lesser degree at 24, as a 14-18 year old isn't a privilege I don't know what is. Figuring out the vast intricacies of the Cover 2 pale in comparison to the jobs that don't include a 4 to 5 month vacation, of 99+% of the US population and their responsibilities.

With that said, perhaps I did overstep when I said "arrests," perhaps convictions not due to pay-offs and preferential treatment would have been better wording. My original statement, in my opinion, still stands however. If you're convicted of a charge, no matter how small or large in nature, you yourself as the player are at fault. If I make the kind of money these guys do there's no possible way I put myself in the position for any of these charges to be brought against me. If they feel they're unfairly charged, they've always got the option of cooking my fries. I'm tired of people making excuses for these players.