Thread: Did Roaming Gnome report back on the fan suggestion event?

Default Did Roaming Gnome report back on the fan suggestion event?

I've been eagerly awaiting to hear what happened at the fan suggestion event that Roaming Gnome was invited to attend.

So Roaming, what happened?

woman without a team

Default Re: Did Roaming Gnome report back on the fan suggestion event?

He gave a little report, but hasn't had time for a more detailed report yet.

http://www.pacersdigest.com/apache2-...t=37806&page=2

Quote Originally Posted by Gnome
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Really, there was only one question from Friday that looks somewhat related to today's events.

Out of these 3 individuals...Who should be looked on the most favorably?

Larry Bird
    Donnie Walsh
    Herb Simon

Herb won the vote with a showing of 12 hands. Donnie finished 2nd with 2 hands and no one thought Larry Bird was more favorable then the other two. There was not much on Larry until the end. In the end, Larry got a lot of blame but was vendicated by lack of proof on who did what.

Give me a day or two more to gather my thoughts that I came away with from the focus group. There was a lot of material to cover from the very first questionaire on what 2 players are your favorite and what 2 players need to go(....NOW!!!) all the way to next year's potential marketing slogan. [By the way, Dunleavy and Granger were the favorites and Tinsley and Jermaine were the ones to be 86'ed. Everyone to a man mentioned that Tinsley and J.O. had different reasons to be elsewhere. Tinsley for behavior and image and J.O. for being prone to injury and his contract. About 6 in the group made mention that J.O. was not sucking it up, or made mention that he sits every time he gets a hang nail.]

I will let you know that the focus group was comprised of 14 season ticket holders...Here are the demograghics:

Race:
    11 Caucasian
    3 Afro-American

4 female (1 Afro-American)

Seating Breakdown:
    4 Corprate ticket packages
    4 Lower bowl individual
    4 Club level individual
    2 Balcony individuals

1 34 year old Gnome
    8 mid 40's
    4 55+

(originally, I told Mal and Seth that I was the youngest guy in the room, but I forgot one individual that appeared to be younger then me.)

This session was less to do about the Conseco Experience and more to do the teams recent problems. Honestly, it felt like we were being felt out to see if we could take a real rebuilding effort.

The highlight of the night was the Q&A session with Herb Simon. (Yes, I actually had Herb Simon's ear) Anyway, I will complete this hopefully by the end of the week, if I don't get swamped or totally side tracked.

Default Re: Did Roaming Gnome report back on the fan suggestion event?

Cool. Wonder if the person that gave the best answers will get hired on to rebuild the roster lol