Page 84 of 224 FirstFirst ... 347480818283848586878894134184 ... LastLast
Results 2,076 to 2,100 of 5591

Thread: Random, Scattered Disturbed Thoughts

Default Re: Random, Scattered Disturbed Thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Have you ever had one of those days where you drank too much the night before and didn't get any sleep, so your knees feel like jello, you can barely move, you've got to p*ss like a russian race horse, and think maybe it's easier if I just pee right here in my drawers?

Or is that just me?
    I've thought it was easier to just lay down in the bathroom sometimes. Never wanted to pee the bed though.

I think you're venturing into the hobo mindset there.
    The poster formerly known as Rimfire

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Gyron View Post
    Anyone that has children, huge your child today and tell them that you love them.

The last two days I have been in the hospital with my 1 year old neice, My brother and sister in-law after my neice had a major seizure and two smaller ones within a period of a few hours.

The good news is after just about every test that they could make an alphabet out of(MRI, MRA, CT, EEG, Spinal Tap, etc etc etc) they have found the cause and she is going to be fine, but it was damn scary for a while. After the first major seizure she was parylyzed on her left side for more than 2 hours.

She's doing fine now and will recover, though she's going to be on anti seizure meds for the foreseeable future to prevent a reoccurance.

A few months ago that was the exact same thing with my neice. She wasn't paralyzed, but she would slow down almost to a crawl. You could watch her and tell she was just thinking about a question you asked, and she couldn't come up with the answer. She's 11 and really smart.

They did all the tests you listed, multiple times and never really found out what was causing it. Their best guess was stress. Imagine that, an 11 y/o girl with so much stress it was causing seizures and hindering her ability to think and move.

Just because you were the guy on the bus, doesn't make it right
    Obviously you've never taken a bus trip.

Have you ever had one of those days where you drank too much the night before and didn't get any sleep, so your knees feel like jello, you can barely move, you've got to p*ss like a russian race horse, and think maybe it's easier if I just pee right here in my drawers?

Or is that just me?
    I wouldn't worry about it. It's probably just something you ate.

Wow, 11 years old with that much Stress. Wow.

The eeg showed in the right lobe of the brain that she is prone to seizures for my neice. So she has partial epilepsy is the exact diagnosis they gave us. But what brought it all on was an ear infection that caused her temp to sky rocket at a very fast pace. We saw it go from normal to 104 in about 10 minutes at one point wednesday night. Its not the fever that causes the seizure, its the rate at which the fever comes on.....according to the doctors.

Wow 104 is high.

Quote Originally Posted by DisplacedKnick View Post
    I've thought it was easier to just lay down in the bathroom sometimes. Never wanted to pee the bed though.

I think you're venturing into the hobo mindset there.
    Either of you fellers have pneumonia yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Twes View Post
    Wow 104 is high.
    Yeah, everytime the tylenol or ibuprofen would wear off, her temp would rocket back up. If they had not put her on the antiseizure meds, its likely she would have had another seizure each time.

I just talkedto my brother. They released her from the hospital today and she's at home resting comfortably. She still hasn't regained her ability to walk completely yet. The neurologist said it could take a couple days before she gets the strength back. Poor kid just learned to walk about 4 weeks ago.....

Yeah - seems like the critter washing up on the beach has more politics potential than that one. Not that I had any urge to talk about some psycho who cuts off people's heads for the thrill of it.
    About a month ago I just hit wall on political radio. I turned it all off and went back to sports radio in the car.

Or music.

Yeah, everytime the tylenol or ibuprofen would wear off, her temp would rocket back up. If they had not put her on the antiseizure meds, its likely she would have had another seizure each time.

I just talkedto my brother. They released her from the hospital today and she's at home resting comfortably. She still hasn't regained her ability to walk completely yet. The neurologist said it could take a couple days before she gets the strength back. Poor kid just learned to walk about 4 weeks ago.....
    I have never been one to run high fevers. I don't know at what point they start icing you down but I have to believe much higher than that isn't good. This weather probably doesn't help much if it's as hot there as it is here.

From what I have heard 105 and higher can cause brain damage, so you can imagine how we were reacting.....

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I have never been one to run high fevers. I don't know at what point they start icing you down but I have to believe much higher than that isn't good. This weather probably doesn't help much if it's as hot there as it is here.
    At 103 your body starts turning it's self off and it can actually kill parts of your brain.

And about the stress.... A few days before the "episodes" started her little brother woke up puking. My sister and bro-in-law got up to tend to him, but my bro-in-law got up too quick and it caused a big dip in his blood pressure. He was in the bathroom and passed out from it, hitting his head on the sink. My sister doesn't respond to things very well, at all, and she just freaked out waking the other two kids up. My neice thought someone had broken in, then see's her dad on the floor with blood on his head and thinks someone killed him. Mind you, this is all at like 3am and they go to bed at 10.

Glad to hear your neice is doing better. I know the poking and proding that the doctors did really wore her down, and those spinal taps are torture.

I wasnt there for the spinal tap, but my brother said it took 2 nurses to hold her still while they did it.......
    Last edited by Gyron; 08-01-2008 at 01:45 PM.

You can handle high body temps MUCH better before puperty than afterwards. Don't know why (where's Kaufman?). Still, 104 is pretty extreme.

Either of you fellers have pneumonia yet?
    Yup. It's a beautiful thing - nothing like coughing up blood to make you appreciate being able to breath without coughing up blood.

I know our pediatrician has told us anything 103 and higher we need to be calling them and will probably be headed to the urgent care....Kaufman could probably tell us much better.

I wasnt there for the spinal tap, but my brother said it took 2 nurses to hold her still while they did it.......
    I've had one of those and I cannot imagine having to watch your kid go through that.

Helpful hint to anyone getting one: Make sure you pee beforehand, even if you don't think you need to. At least for me, I lost bladder control for a bit there. Nothing like lying on your stomach with a searing pain running all down your spine while in a pool of your own piddle.

Yup. It's a beautiful thing - nothing like coughing up blood to make you appreciate beaing able to breath without coughing up blood.
    Agreed. I had it while I was in the Army.

I had just got done (training) driving around one of those massive forklifts that picks up the semi trailers and when I stepped down off of the fork lift, I started coughing up blood and a few minutes later while standing in formation, I passed out and woke up in the hospital. Guess its good I didn't pass out while driving that massive thing around......

I've had one of those and I cannot imagine having to watch your kid go through that.

Helpful hint to anyone getting one: Make sure you pee beforehand, even if you don't think you need to. At least for me, I lost bladder control for a bit there. Nothing like lying on your stomach with a searing pain running all down your spine while in a pool of your own piddle.
    I can't even imagine whats its been like for them the last two days watching the things that they have had to do to that little girl.

I know the screaming when we dropped her off with the aenisthetioooooolgist(sp????) for the MRI was heart wrenching. And then for them to tell us to go back to the room and relax....Yeah right....

Agreed. I had it while I was in the Army.

I had just got done (training) driving around one of those massive forklifts that picks up the semi trailers and when I stepped down off of the fork lift, I started coughing up blood and a few minutes later while standing in formation, I passed out and woke up in the hospital. Guess its good I didn't pass out while driving that massive thing around......
    Mine was my own damn fault - nothing so noble as getting it in service to my country. Bartended out in Vail one winter break and had a pretty nasty cough/respiratory thing going on but was raking in money left and right so I wasn't about to take a night off. Got back to NY and pretty much went downhill from there - didn't pass out or anything but my roommate finally pretty much forced me to the Student clinic.

Was told once you had it you have a good shot of getting it again once you've had it but I never have - had bronchitis a couple of times which isn't all that much more pleasant (still get some blood too) but at least you can take cough medicine for that (and once I was prescribed some with codeine in it).

teY dennaB toN

I've still got half a jug of cough medicine with codeine from a bronchitis bout last year. That ***** will ***** you up if you're not prepared for it and take an extra dose.

I've still got half a jug of cough medicine with codeine from a bronchitis bout last year. That ***** will ***** you up if you're not prepared for it and take an extra dose.
    I was swigging from the bottle the last time I had that and had to drive up to Wabash early one morning. It's only about an hour-and-a-half drive from here but I had to stop about 4 times just to get there and once I made it I was flat-out stoned. I have some stuff now with Vicodin in it. That'll get you too but not as good as the codeine.

teY dennaB toN

I'm surprised you made it at all. I would have been sawing logs from the driver's seat within 30 minutes.

I'm surprised you made it at all. I would have been sawing logs from the driver's seat within 30 minutes.
    I did OK to Logansport but once I was heading East on 24 I was doing the "get out and walk a bit" thing regularly. And once I got there everyone was laughing at me. I was a very happy person.

I took Tylenol with Codiene once. I stopped breathing briefly....

Nothing like having your wisdom teeth out and taking that only to find out you are allergic to Codiene, enough so it causes shock.

Thats some good chit.

Guess its good I was never in to drugs. A little Opium and I'd been a goner. (Codiene is a derivative of opium as I understand it.)

(Edit: I meant to say opium not cocaine. I'm an idiot)
    Last edited by Gyron; 08-01-2008 at 03:56 PM.