Page 54 of 224 FirstFirst ... 44450515253545556575864104154 ... LastLast
Results 1,326 to 1,350 of 5599

Thread: Random, Scattered Disturbed Thoughts

Default Re: Random, Scattered Disturbed Thoughts

I loaded up the quad Saturday. Grabbed my bow and target and spent the day in the woods.

Drove the quad around to have a look around, check cameras etc. It was a little bit tough to get around because the beans are growing so I of course have to avoid the fields. He hadn't mowed the grass so that can be fun to plow thru on a quad. There were a few paths but other areas there weren't.

Last year was nice because they left paths for logging trucks along fields. This year the crops are as far over as they can get.

I'm anxious to put stands out.

It was a good day. I love the new bow.

Got to work today - this rabbit is hopping around in the grass and just sits there looking at me.

Understand - I drive my crap truck to work because at least it gets about 18 mpg - the big truck gets about 6 (on short trips - get on the highway & it's better). Said crap truck has no muffler and has been known to set off car alarms while I'm driving on narrow streets.

Get out of the truck. Rabbit takes two hops, turns around and just looks at me. I may declare tomorrow "bring your dog to work day" and rid the world of one rabbit who absolutely should not be allowed to contribute to the bunny gene pool.
    The poster formerly known as Rimfire

Tree People to the Core! indygeezer's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Went up to the family farm in Michigan for 4 days of relaxation.

Pulled in and immediately spotted 3 doe and a fawn out behind the barn (out where the mulberry trees will keep em busy later in the year). The next morning I looked out the kitchen window and there were 14 turkeys milling around behind the barn. I'm thinking that when I go up in October I'm taking a bow into the hayloft and forget this tree climbing crap. Hell, I'd be close enough to smell the coffee all morning.

I've never hunted up at the farm...can't imagine it'd be much different than anywhere else tho.
    If you get to thinkin’ you’re a person of some influence, try orderin’ somebody else’s dog around..

Quote Originally Posted by DisplacedKnick View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Got to work today - this rabbit is hopping around in the grass and just sits there looking at me.

Understand - I drive my crap truck to work because at least it gets about 18 mpg - the big truck gets about 6 (on short trips - get on the highway & it's better). Said crap truck has no muffler and has been known to set off car alarms while I'm driving on narrow streets.

Get out of the truck. Rabbit takes two hops, turns around and just looks at me. I may declare tomorrow "bring your dog to work day" and rid the world of one rabbit who absolutely should not be allowed to contribute to the bunny gene pool.
    I never understood how a rabbit that has lost his feet could be considered lucky.

Quote Originally Posted by indygeezer View Post
    Went up to the family farm in Michigan for 4 days of relaxation.

Pulled in and immediately spotted 3 doe and a fawn out behind the barn (out where the mulberry trees will keep em busy later in the year). The next morning I looked out the kitchen window and there were 14 turkeys milling around behind the barn. I'm thinking that when I go up in October I'm taking a bow into the hayloft and forget this tree climbing crap. Hell, I'd be close enough to smell the coffee all morning.

I've never hunted up at the farm...can't imagine it'd be much different than anywhere else tho.
    If it's like every other farm in Minnesota, Wisconsin or Michigan there are probably 40 of your cousins and uncles that hunt it for a day and a half and then hit the bars.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Twes View Post
    If it's like every other farm in Minnesota, Wisconsin or Michigan there are probably 40 of your cousins and uncles that hunt it for a day and a half and then hit the bars.

We have two hunters that have been invited to hunt there. They live nearby and occasionally do work for us (Like concrete sidewalk repair etc). Then we have some poachers who have lost so many treestands my garage looks like a Cabela's sale barn.

But we are right up agains the town limits so we don't "allow" firearms hunting.
    If you get to thinkin’ you’re a person of some influence, try orderin’ somebody else’s dog around..

We have two hunters that have been invited to hunt there. They live nearby and occasionally do work for us (Like concrete sidewalk repair etc). Then we have some poachers who have lost so many treestands my garage looks like a Cabela's sale barn.

But we are right up agains the town limits so we don't "allow" firearms hunting.
    It's one thing to tresspass. But I can't get over the gall of people to hang hang-on (or whatever) stands on someone elses property.

That's got to be frustrating.

Mood

It's one thing to tresspass. But I can't get over the gall of people to hang hang-on (or whatever) stands on someone elses property.

That's got to be frustrating.
    The real kicker was the 300 lb. welded angle iron and grating one I found at the northen tip of a peninsula on our property. They either crossed swampland or drug it 1/2 mile to get it in that position. It was log chained to a tree and I swear looked like it had been brought in and welded in place. The first time I cut thru the log chain, knocked it down, and bent the ladder. The second time I cut thru the log chain, knocked it down, and cut 3/4 way thru 7-8 of the ladder rungs with a hacksaw. They took the hint that time.
    I tell ya though, it was in a heckuva location, no less than 3 trails intersected the spot. Later I noticed that they were baiting the area so I pissed in their bait.

Baiting is probably legal up there. I'm not familiar with Michigan.

If it isn't just call the DNR and tell them they are hunting over bait on your land and have the guy do a little sting operation.

Let's hope the bucks aren't in to the golden shower.

Mood

Baiting is probably legal up there. I'm not familiar with Michigan.

If it isn't just call the DNR and tell them they are hunting over bait on your land and have the guy do a little sting operation.

Let's hope the bucks aren't in to the golden shower.

I don't believe we are far enough north to be in the Legal to Bait zone, I could be wrong. But then, since when do poachers care if it is legal or not. The bait they are using? A mix of Apples, corn, and SWEET POTATOES.

I don't believe we are far enough north to be in the Legal to Bait zone, I could be wrong. But then, since when do poachers care if it is legal or not. The bait they are using? A mix of Apples, corn, and SWEET POTATOES.
    I guess you have them on trespassing regardless. Baiting would just be another violation.

Dealing with all of those problems takes the fun out of it.

This morning commuting I saw a coyote along 465 between Meridian and Michigan just inside the loop.

I see those crazy things everywhere.

teY dennaB toN

Geezer . . . be careful . . . I've been giving out your contact info again.

Mood

I know that a black cat crossing your path is bad luck, but what about three?
    * Most Humorous Poster Nominee (2004, 2005, 2010)
    * Off Topic Post of the Year Winner (2009)
    * Off Topic Thread of the Year Nominee (2010)

Formerly a naturallystoned, badinfluence...

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by naturallystoned View Post
    I know that a black cat crossing your path is bad luck, but what about three?
    Yer still alive?????????

BTW..........A very disturbing note that affects our dear friend Spicoli. The story about the "lost" Amazon tribe and the painted naked men proves to be a hoax. Sorry Spic, you'll have to find some other excuse to get painted up and run around naked on the weekends.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Geezer . . . be careful . . . I've been giving out your contact info again.

I may have to hire you as my personal representative.
    Lets see...that was Coors Light, right?

BTW....I can send you business cards if you would like em. (Yuk I hate being serious).

Mood

This morning commuting I saw a coyote along 465 between Meridian and Michigan just inside the loop.

I see those crazy things everywhere.

A few years back there was a thought within a certain state agency to import wolves into the state to help control the coyote population. The idea was tabled. You do realize the coyotes were imported back into Indiana to help control the deer population, right?

A few years back there was a thought within a certain state agency to import wolves into the state to help control the coyote population. The idea was tabled. You do realize the coyotes were imported back into Indiana to help control the deer population, right?
    There sure seems to be a lot of both running around.

teY dennaB toN

I may have to hire you as my personal representative.
    Lets see...that was Coors Light, right?

BTW....I can send you business cards if you would like em. (Yuk I hate being serious).
    Coors will do just fine.

I've still got a few business cards and a sweet hat; feel free to send as many as you want. I will mail them to all the btown jackass realtors...

Well, the second part of that didn't work.

And as for the wolf idea, I'm not a Wildlife Biologist but while they may compete a bit for space, the problem with coyotes is they can live about anywhere. Wolves aren't gonna sleep in a culvert during the day and forage through a town a night but coyotes sure have that game plan down.

BTW, a few mornings ago I saw what I thought was a coyote wandering through one of my fields. He was a couple hundred yards off and by the time I got the rifle he was gone. I'm thinking sometime about maybe putting in some goats with the Hispanic population around but the coyote situation will take a bit of work.

Donkey or llama?
    The poster formerly known as Rimfire

teY dennaB toN

One of my favorite things to do that I haven't done in a couple years is to set up shop at the top of an old barn with a few good friends, some coolers full of your favorite beverages and whatnot, and a rifle of your chosing. Then you get a recorded tape/cd/whatever of nothing but cats shrieking/fighting; then wait for the coyotes to show up and for the fun to begin!

teY dennaB toN

Although the last time we did that, it ended up with 2 oppossums dead, 1 coyote dead or wounded, and a bad hangover....

International Counter bellisimo's Avatar

i've been contacted by a 15 year-old Austrian girl about the possibilities of clubbing in Budapest and how easy would it be to get "certain good things" at the clubs...

what the hell is wrong with the world?

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Thats probably because its one of the worst ideas I've ever heard.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by bellisimo View Post
    i've been contacted by a 15 year-old Austrian girl about the possibilities of clubbing in Budapest and how easy would it be to get "certain good things" at the clubs...

what the hell is wrong with the world?

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods