Page 219 of 225 FirstFirst ... 119169209215216217218219220221222223 ... LastLast
Results 5,451 to 5,475 of 5610

Thread: Random, Scattered Disturbed Thoughts

Tree People to the Core! indygeezer's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Random, Scattered Disturbed Thoughts

YEs there was (my older sis had a mild case)....along with a tremendous fear of "the iron lung" and nuclear bombs.

I remember 1st or 2nd grade being herded like cattle onto the school bus and taken to Clinton Indiana for polio shots. I don't remember if my folks were given the option or if everyone was just commandeered and given the shot.
    If you get to thinkin’ you’re a person of some influence, try orderin’ somebody else’s dog around..

Mood

YEs there was (my older sis had a mild case)....along with a tremendous fear of "the iron lung" and nuclear bombs.....and zits

I remember 1st or 2nd grade being herded like cattle onto the school bus and taken to Clinton Indiana for polio shots. I don't remember if my folks were given the option or if everyone was just commandeered and given the shot.
    If you get to thinkin’ you’re a person of some influence, try orderin’ somebody else’s dog around..

Why do people move into a home owner association and then complain about having to abide by the rules? Do people not read the rules before deciding to move in?

4. The Following User Says Thank You to thewholefnshow31 For This Useful Post:

So I took on this weekend liquor store register job, cuz why not, I'm single and no kids, working til midnight on Fridays and Saturdays is no big deal. Would be at home otherwise mostly, may as well earn 60 bucks or whatever for a couple days.

Did 3 days of register "training," there's a change box under the counter. Coins, dollars, fives, that kinda thing. They were really short staffed so they were training two of us at a time. Long story short the two of us get fired because every day we worked $20, exactly, is miraculously missing from the change box. I have a real job but that's beside the point, I'm not a damn thief. No it won't follow me or anything but it's just the fact of it, this dirtbag stole money and sullied my name. Even after the fact he wouldn't admit it, thank god I'm well past needing retail jobs to have money in my pocket. But man, it's upsetting, having your name dragged through the mud like that.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So I took on this weekend liquor store register job, cuz why not, I'm single and no kids, working til midnight on Fridays and Saturdays is no big deal. Would be at home otherwise mostly, may as well earn 60 bucks or whatever for a couple days.

Did 3 days of register "training," there's a change box under the counter. Coins, dollars, fives, that kinda thing. They were really short staffed so they were training two of us at a time. Long story short the two of us get fired because every day we worked $20, exactly, is miraculously missing from the change box. I have a real job but that's beside the point, I'm not a damn thief. No it won't follow me or anything but it's just the fact of it, this dirtbag stole money and sullied my name. Even after the fact he wouldn't admit it, thank god I'm well past needing retail jobs to have money in my pocket. But man, it's upsetting, having your name dragged through the mud like that.
    My bad.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

Mood

The bad thing about getting old is you get too tired sometimes to do everything you want. The good thing about getting old is you've been around long enough you get to do things you couldn't when you were younger.
    You know how hippos are made out to be sweet and silly, like big cows, but are actually extremely dangerous and can kill you with stunning brutality? The Pacers are the NBA's hippos....Matt Moore CBS Sports....

9. The Following User Says Thank You to RWB For This Useful Post:

Mood

Went up to the Michigan-Minnesota game over the weekend Lemme just say, Ohio State has nothing to fear from either of them. (Boring game)

IU on the other hand .....................(enter handclap)

Mood

For the longest time the wife has been fighting a dry scratching throat (keep it clean guys) causing her to constantly clear her throat.
    She just went through a (final) third round of allergy testing and this s what has been found so far.........

Highly allergic to.....coffee, cheese, beef, pork, chicken, and with Thanksgiving rapidly approaching....turkey.

She has been instructed to eliminate all of these from her diet....completely for at least a week or until all symptoms disappear and then add them back one at a time.
    She has promised me that Thanksgiving will go on as usual and that we will NOT have a Tofu Turkey....for that promise I will give up coffee for one week (unless she is out of sight).

Gotta start shopping for baby cereal again? I'd starve within a week if I had to eliminate all that. I don't think it's ha-ha funny, but damn.
    Just because you're offended, doesn't mean you're right.” ― Ricky Gervais.

What if someone from a school of business or management school were to ask, How did you do this? How did you get the Pacers turned around? Is there a general approach you've taken that can be summarized?

Larry Bird: Yeah, patience.

How do you suddenly become allergic to all that stuff? I'm guessing these are new symptoms. I mean my body will occassionally react funny to things (example I am allergic to dogs sometimes and other times it has little affect, it may actually just be the dog's soap) but to suddenly have issues with that many foods seems bizarre

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

Mood

The dry cough etc has been going on for about a year. She's known about cheese for as long as I can remember (anything mold related or fermented ie beer or wine is supposed to be a no-no.....she loves wine and German beer btw). She's always known that some foods produce undesired side affects (Montezuma's revenge) But modern testing can narrow it down now to more specifics.
    And yes, one day you can be asymptomatic and the next very allergic to something. It's really that the sensitivity has finally reached it's threshold. When I was working in immunology (developing radioimmuno assays and eventually Elisa assays) they claimed that you were never allergic to something your first exposure to it and that after that 1st exposure it took about 6 weeks for the allergy to present itself. I don't know if that is still true or if science has progressed beyond that today.

Mood

Anyone know where I can buy Barry's Irish Breakfast Tea in Indy? It's the one tea I can drink and still not want my morning coffee (pots).

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Always delete the 1200 pictures on your phone before backing it up and restoring it.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to SycamoreKen For This Useful Post:

Mood

Congratulations to Geezerette who was just selected to study in Freiberg Germany next semester and given a nice scholarship to do so.

(Not happy about her being gone all semester and part of the summer, but WTH).

19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to indygeezer For This Useful Post:

Ooh, ooh, I've got a German story for ya. Had a Deputy Sheriff stop by my office one time with a grad student who was from Germany. Asked if I would explain some things to him to keep the young man out of trouble. Just so happened he was picked up for skinny dipping in the local park lake. Poor guy was very apologetic but didn't understand that here you can't just go flopping around so to speak.

Figured a story of a naked German guy would make your day Geez my friend.
    You know how hippos are made out to be sweet and silly, like big cows, but are actually extremely dangerous and can kill you with stunning brutality? The Pacers are the NBA's hippos....Matt Moore CBS Sports....

So is anyone putting out any decorations for Halloween? I've got way too much invested in props and need to stop.

Quote Originally Posted by RWB View Post
    So is anyone putting out any decorations for Halloween? I've got way too much invested in props and need to stop.
    My investments are in Christmas decorations. Not sure how that will work in an apartment this year.

Mood

Ooh, ooh, I've got a German story for ya. Had a Deputy Sheriff stop by my office one time with a grad student who was from Germany. Asked if I would explain some things to him to keep the young man out of trouble. Just so happened he was picked up for skinny dipping in the local park lake. Poor guy was very apologetic but didn't understand that here you can't just go flopping around so to speak.

You're not helping.

The poster "pacertom" since this forum began (and before!). I changed my name here to "Slick Pinkham" in honor of the imaginary player That Bobby "Slick" Leonard picked late in the 1971 ABA draft (true story!)

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Slick Pinkham For This Useful Post:

Mood

I noticed a newspaper comic last week that had your when it should have been you're. Very disappointing.

Mood

2nd greatest car commercial ever.............

http://io9.com/old-spock-battles-new...merc-493836696

28. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to indygeezer For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by indygeezer View Post
    2nd greatest car commercial ever.............

http://io9.com/old-spock-battles-new...merc-493836696
    That is funny. Even better having just watched Into the Darkness.

30. The Following User Says Thank You to SycamoreKen For This Useful Post:

Mood

Was that Deming Park? Or the little pond with the island out by your 9-5?

Mood

Yesterday, as I was leaving Office depot on the eastside, I noticed a couple just leaving their car. He was about my age, 6' 1" and somewhere around 300 lbs. She was also my age, about 5' 1" and perhaps 160 lbs. As they were walking toward me he turned toward her and said something nastily. She cowerd down, turned her face to the side while putting her arms up in front of her while taking 3 or 4 half-steps backward. He turned away from her and proceeded toward the store, stopping twice more and repeating this same process. I acted as though I was getting in my car all the while staring at him. After they passed where I was he turned toward her once again and then saw me glaring at him. He stopped, wheeled around and stormed into the store leaving her to trail after him.

This was certainly a battered woman In my opinion and I still can't get over witnessing such behavior out in the open.