Page 217 of 224 FirstFirst ... 117167207213214215216217218219220221 ... LastLast
Results 5,401 to 5,425 of 5600

Thread: Random, Scattered Disturbed Thoughts

Tree People to the Core! indygeezer's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Random, Scattered Disturbed Thoughts

Allstate gave him a better price than the company I have been with for over 25 years. Yeah TJ, he got both renters and auto from them even tho they were a bit higher on renters.

What pi$$e$ me off is taking him off my insurance saves me a total of $285 a year. That isn't the story they gave me when he was on my insurance.
    If you get to thinkin’ you’re a person of some influence, try orderin’ somebody else’s dog around..

Mood

For the second time this year my Prius got hit in the rear at a stoplight...hard this time. For the second time I left with no damage to the car. They sure make cars better than they used to.
    If you get to thinkin’ you’re a person of some influence, try orderin’ somebody else’s dog around..

Mood

I just missed on a chance to buy a S&W model 696 .44 spl. I took a day to think about it and when I went back (after being it in the ***) it had sold this morning. Ya snooze ya loose. I guess

My brother got married last Friday. There isn't a picture of me at the reception without a drink in my hand. I swear I don't have a problem.

Mood

one hand or a drink in both hands?

Mood

the Big 5 college conferences are going to kill college sports. Just my personal opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by indygeezer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    the Big 5 college conferences are going to kill college sports. Just my personal opinion.
    not before the NCAA does

Mood

the race is on to see who can do the most damage the quickest.

Mood

It is never a good thing when your wife's best friend decides to move to Florida.

Mood

Gotta restrain myself Little Debbie Oatmeal Cookies must...lose..weight....oof

Mood

Mmmm Greek salad with extra feta and extra lamb. From the Greek Island in Indy.......FAVORITE!!

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Why did the half of the $15 cheeseburger i just ate not taste as good as the ones my wife steamed with onions? Not to mention the one's my wife made were thawed and reheated in the vacuum sealed bag. Still better.

Mood

How was the other half?

Mood

It is never a good thing when your wife's best friend decides to move to Florida.
    EDIT.....WRONG!! I listed her Geist area home for sale and THAT is a good thing.

Mood

My new deer gun.

http://www.gunshopfinder.com/Henry/h...gboy45colt.asp

With a 300 grain bullet (might be a bit over there bub)

Anyone see the news article about the guy who posted on Facebook that he killed a wife and uploaded a picture? WTF is up with Florida?

How was the other half?
    The wife had it for lunch at work and brought it home. She was not impressed either.

Geez, we are moving to Houston this month and are going to buy a house in a year. How much should we bank before we start looking?

Mood

FHA requires 3.5% down....but you will get hit with hefty Monthly PMI and then an upfront PMI too.
    some lenders have 5 or 10% down programs but you generally have to pay the monthly MI to boot....but not the upfront fee.
    20% down (of the appraised value of the home) is the standard that keeps you away from the whole MI/PMI mess. Keep in mind too that the FHA recently changed their rule...once you have the PMI on your loan, it never goes away. You used to be able to get away from that once you hit 22% of the value, no more.
    I know of a local lender who is offering 3% down with NO UPFRONT OR MONTHLY PMI....so if they can do that here I'd think they could do that elsewhere (Credit score must be 650 or above)

Closing costs rule of thumb is another 3% of gross sales price.....unless you negotiate the seller paying your closing costs.

I don't know what your local customs are but here you can figure they will require you to escrow 6 mos to a year of homeowner insurance and 6 months of property tax.

Again, locally (not sure what local custom is, I'll ask a friend who is in Houston (you may remember him TripleThreat)....many times I have negotiated a home under $150K...very closely to full price offer but the SELLER pays all of the buyer's closing costs and pre-paid items.

There are two schools of thought 1) Put as much down as possible to keep your head above water if the market turns sour again. or 2) Keep your money in your pocket as long as rates are low because cash is king.

It comes down to individual circumstance and job security.

Let me know how I can help.
    Last edited by indygeezer; 08-09-2013 at 04:20 PM.

FHA requires 3.5% down....but you will get hit with hefty Monthly PMI and then an upfront PMI too.
    some lenders have 5 or 10% down programs but you generally have to pay the monthly MI to boot....but not the upfront fee.
    20% down (of the appraised value of the home) is the standard that keeps you away from the whole MI/PMI mess. Keep in mind too that the FHA recently changed their rule...once you have the PMI on your loan, it never goes away. You used to be able to get away from that once you hit 22% of the value, no more.
    I know of a local lender who is offering 3% down with NO UPFRONT OR MONTHLY PMI....so if they can do that here I'd think they could do that elsewhere (Credit score must be 650 or above)

Closing costs rule of thumb is another 3% of gross sales price.....unless you negotiate the seller paying your closing costs.

I don't know what your local customs are but here you can figure they will require you to escrow 6 mos to a year of homeowner insurance and 6 months of property tax.

Again, locally (not sure what local custom is, I'll ask a friend who is in Houston (you may remember him TripleThreat)....many times I have negotiated a home under $150K...very closely to full price offer but the SELLER pays all of the buyer's closing costs and pre-paid items.

There are two schools of thought 1) Put as much down as possible to keep your head above water if the market turns sour again. or 2) Keep your money in your pocket as long as rates are low because cash is king.

It comes down to individual circumstance and job security.

Let me know how I can help.
    Thanks I'll make note of all of that. Maybe we can talk to him about good places to live. I'm going to be working on the southeast side and my wife will be working from home. I really don't want to drive across town to work everyday.

Mood

I sent T3 a message to that effect. Perhaps I can get you two in contact with each other. PM any info you'd like to share.

Mood

Ok, sausage patties and Long's Bakery Donuts may not have been the best choice for breakfast. But the wife and daughter are out of town for the weekend.

Mood

Sycamore Ken....check your PM's

Mood

From the department of.....Never say "never again"

That new rose arbor my sisters and I got our mother for her 90th bday......I had to use a clamshell posthole digger today to sink that damn thing 12" into the ground. I will never again say...."never again".

one tree root the size of the grip on a baseball bat and another root the size of the business end of a baseball bat.

Mood

So, you want to be a realtor?
    Yesterday I had a 10:00 AM appointment to show homes to a couple who are willing to pay cash for a home up to $325,000. We were set to look at 4 homes when at 9:55 I rec'd a text asking if I could postpone until 11:00 as they were in a school meeting for their daughter. Ok, so I called our central showing service and asked them to call teh homeowners and get permission to resechedule beginning at 11:00.
    10:55...another text asking me to again reschedule to 1:00 as they are still stuck in this school meeting (???)
    12:55....again same excuse asking me to reschedule to 3:00
    finally at 3:05 I called and they apologized that they weren't going to be able to make it and could we reschedule to today and they'd give me the whole day. So, I called and again rescheduled the appointments (these must be some really patient sellers) but in order to do so I had to cancel my participation in a charity golf event. Even though I could have played I wouldn't have been able to stay for the full festivities as we will start seeing houses at 4:00 and the way I play there would be no certainty of my being finished playing at that time.

But when you have a potential cash buyer you stay with them....even to the point of babysitting their kids if needed. j/k.............................kinda

25. The Following User Says Thank You to indygeezer For This Useful Post:

Mood

To the motorcyclist on I-465 this morning. Yes, that was me flipping you off. Next time I won't move over I'll just let you drive right up into my trunk.

We used to call idiots like you "organ donors"