Page 201 of 224 FirstFirst ... 101151191197198199200201202203204205211 ... LastLast
Results 5,001 to 5,025 of 5591

Thread: Random, Scattered Disturbed Thoughts

  1. #5001
    Wasting Light Hicks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583
    Mood

    Default Re: Random, Scattered Disturbed Thoughts

    Quote Originally Posted by Stryder View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Go on about what?

    I'd advise anyone that spouts off about the McDonalds coffee case to actually research it. You'd be surprised to find what you do.
    I was hoping you would enlighten me and spare me the homework.

  2. #5002
    Tree People to the Core! indygeezer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Cumberland
    Posts
    15,206
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Random, Scattered Disturbed Thoughts

    Not being a tort lawyer or even a paralegal myself and not having access to a legal library, I passed these along more or less as jokes. Sorry if I hit a nerve.
    If you get to thinkin’ you’re a person of some influence, try orderin’ somebody else’s dog around..

  3. #5003
    Member Since86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Muncie
    Posts
    20,887

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Random, Scattered Disturbed Thoughts

    I bet you'd still think it was funny geez. The coffee temperature was too hot, or so the verdict read. The tempurature they brewed their coffee could result in third degree burns.

    My reaction to that is still the same. DUH!

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to Since86 For This Useful Post:


  5. #5004
    Tree People to the Core! indygeezer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Cumberland
    Posts
    15,206
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Random, Scattered Disturbed Thoughts

    I just saw George McGinnis. Regrettably the dude looks bad...real bad. Thin and with a drawn face with sunken eyes, he had to use a cane to walk.
    If you get to thinkin’ you’re a person of some influence, try orderin’ somebody else’s dog around..

  6. #5005
    Tree People to the Core! indygeezer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Cumberland
    Posts
    15,206
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Random, Scattered Disturbed Thoughts

    Indy 1500 this weekend. Got several to sell....wanna pay for some home improvements.
    If you get to thinkin’ you’re a person of some influence, try orderin’ somebody else’s dog around..

  7. #5006
    Tree People to the Core! indygeezer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Cumberland
    Posts
    15,206
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Random, Scattered Disturbed Thoughts

    LAst day of spring break for the kids..the wife took today off so we can do something as a family and everybody sleeps in (except me).


    I guess that;s doing something as a family...they're sleeping.
    If you get to thinkin’ you’re a person of some influence, try orderin’ somebody else’s dog around..

  8. #5007
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    30,658

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Random, Scattered Disturbed Thoughts

    What is this Spring....breaK? You speak of.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:


  10. #5008
    Tree People to the Core! indygeezer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Cumberland
    Posts
    15,206
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Random, Scattered Disturbed Thoughts

    It's something that urchins under 21 and their teachers go thru each year. Sort of a "right-of-passage" you must go crazy, act silly, and behave in ways not seeming to your normal behavior. Then, when you reach 21 you are given a license to drink and there is no longer any reason for you to restrict spring break behavior to one week a year....so you are no longer allowed to be part of the festival. In fact, those who are still participating in "spring break" will look upon you, consider you to be an "old fart", and laugh at you for trying to be one of them. That is when you will catch yourself saying things like..."I remember when...." thus proving that you truely are an old fart and have no business partying like you were on "spring break".

    Teachers are allowed to spring break every year because of a condition known as "Tooclosetothemosis". It comes from being around under 21's 9 hrs a day for 9 mos. a year....you get it via osmosis. There is no known cure.
    If you get to thinkin’ you’re a person of some influence, try orderin’ somebody else’s dog around..

  11. #5009
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    30,658

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Random, Scattered Disturbed Thoughts

    Seems like a racket to me.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  12. #5010
    You Did It Joseph!!!! AesopRockOn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    honolulu
    Age
    26
    Posts
    7,874
    Mood

    Default Re: Random, Scattered Disturbed Thoughts

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I was hoping you would enlighten me and spare me the homework.
    Probably the most famous "frivolous lawsuit" example of all time. No doubt you've heard of the lady that sued McDonald's because she spilled some hot coffee in her lap while driving. What a moron! you might have thought. How stupid do you have to be to not know coffee is hot? Americans these days! Blaming everyone but themselves for their mistakes!


    "This is all your fault, coffee!"


    It turns out there's a lot more to the story. First of all, the hot coffee wasn't just uncomfortable and embarrassing, it gave her third degree burns over six percent of her body, which required ****ing skin grafts. You can see the burns yourself if you're not squeamish.
    Secondly, coffee served at that temperature (180 to 190 degrees Fahrenheit) will give a person third-degree burns in two to seven seconds, while home-coffee brewers normally serve coffee at much lower temperatures (130 two 140 degrees) which won't immediately burn you. Yes, Starbucks and other joints do serve coffee at the hotter temperatures -- because some customers prefer it -- but then again, they get sued for it also. Thirdly, she attempted to settle for $20,000 at one point, and McDonald's refused, which is when she started getting cranky.



    "Not my problem."


    You may have heard that she got millions of dollars, when the final award was $640,000. Then from that you take out the medical bills (hint: skin grafts aren't cheap).
    But she has to take some responsibility, right? She may not have been driving, but she was trying to open the lid in her lap so she could add cream and sugar. That's kind of careless, isn't it? Why couldn't the jury see that?
    Well, they did. That's why the compensatory damages portion ($200,000) was reduced by 20 percent, because they ruled it was 20 percent her fault.



    Imagine if paternity tests could be ruled that way.


    Even the Stella Awards website -- a site dedicated to rooting out silly lawsuits and named after Stella Liebeck herself as the symbol of what's wrong with our justice system -- admits all these facts are true.
    So if you still want to argue about it, you have to admit this case isn't the joke most people play it off as in email forwards and know-it-all water cooler lectures.
    http://www.cracked.com/article_19150...otal-b.s..html

  13. #5011
    Tree People to the Core! indygeezer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Cumberland
    Posts
    15,206
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Random, Scattered Disturbed Thoughts

    Went to the 1500 G & Kn Show today and sold everything I wanted to sell within 10 min. Maybe I shoulda held out for more but I believe in giving the next guy to make SOME profit too. I made money and he undoubtedly made money too. We're both happy. I was able to make enough to do the home project I want and to build up a Thompson Center Contender...14" ported barrel in .35 Remington. I also bought a conceal carry belly band to wear under my shirt and a fanny pack with concealed carry compartment. So it turned out to be a very profitable day.

    It was packed tight in there today. Two incidents I noted:

    1. I was walking down a very packed isle and noticed this woman brush past me rather violently. Well I noticed she had a shirt that said Springfield Arms Co. on it... she lodged in my memory because I had just sold a Springfield Arms double barrel .410 shotgun. A few minutes later at the end of another isle I overheard two security officers talking about a woman in a Springfiel Arms shirt...so I asked them if she was in trouble becasue I had just seen her in Isle 3 over by * Holsters. They looked at me and asked me to describe her and I did. As they headed out for Isle 3 one of them turned to me and said....check all of your pockets that's all we can say. I was safe there, I had everything in my front jeans pocket.

    2. Really two observations....seems the military stuff is taking over all of the shows. Even so, I was still able to find some stuff, I just miss the oldtimers that sold parts for anything, or stocks galore. Or my favorites....Thompson Center Contenders.
    I also was amazed at the number of people carrying cases (note multiple) of ammo out......wow, I may stock up some things but ammo? Boxes yes, but cases???
    Last edited by indygeezer; 03-17-2012 at 09:39 PM.
    If you get to thinkin’ you’re a person of some influence, try orderin’ somebody else’s dog around..

  14. #5012
    Tree People to the Core! indygeezer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Cumberland
    Posts
    15,206
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Random, Scattered Disturbed Thoughts

    c-c-cold nipples (o)(o)
    If you get to thinkin’ you’re a person of some influence, try orderin’ somebody else’s dog around..

  15. The Following User Says Thank You to indygeezer For This Useful Post:


  16. #5013
    Tree People to the Core! indygeezer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Cumberland
    Posts
    15,206
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Random, Scattered Disturbed Thoughts

    Today is Geezerettes 19th birthday. To celebrate I went to the Heidleberg Haus and had a piece of apple struedel and a cup of coffee and for her I ate a german chocolate danish.



    My blood sugar is currently 460,000 (j/K).
    If you get to thinkin’ you’re a person of some influence, try orderin’ somebody else’s dog around..

  17. #5014
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    30,658

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Random, Scattered Disturbed Thoughts

    Naughty nineteen, eh?



    :runaway:

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  18. #5015
    Tree People to the Core! indygeezer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Cumberland
    Posts
    15,206
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Random, Scattered Disturbed Thoughts

    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Naughty nineteen, eh?



    :runaway:
    Not my baby girl. Her older brother goes to the same school and keeps a pretty tight reign on her....and checks up on any guy getting too close.

    Besides, I've never given her your name.

    (did I mention that when she was 16 she killed a deer with one shot from a shotgun?)
    Last edited by indygeezer; 03-28-2012 at 04:46 PM.
    If you get to thinkin’ you’re a person of some influence, try orderin’ somebody else’s dog around..

  19. #5016
    Tree People to the Core! indygeezer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Cumberland
    Posts
    15,206
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Random, Scattered Disturbed Thoughts

    SPRING BREAK
    If you get to thinkin’ you’re a person of some influence, try orderin’ somebody else’s dog around..

  20. #5017
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    30,658

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Random, Scattered Disturbed Thoughts

    Quote Originally Posted by indygeezer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Not my baby girl. Her older brother goes to the same school and keeps a pretty tight reign on her....and checks up on any guy getting too close.

    Besides, I've never given her your name.

    (did I mention that when she was 16 she killed a deer with one shot from a shotgun?)
    Yikes

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  21. #5018
    Tree People to the Core! indygeezer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Cumberland
    Posts
    15,206
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Random, Scattered Disturbed Thoughts

    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yikes
    In all fairness....her brother is pretty much a wimp. And she does like guys (I hope) and the .38 special I bought her.




    Hey can I recommend a book for you guys with daughters? I will anyway...

    "Raising Righteous & Rowdy Girls" by Doug Giles

    He has two daughters one writes a column for the NRA and the other passed herself off as a teenage hooker and exposed ACORN.

    Actually it's good fun reading.
    If you get to thinkin’ you’re a person of some influence, try orderin’ somebody else’s dog around..

  22. #5019
    Born ready? TheDavisBrothers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Davenport, IA
    Age
    24
    Posts
    1,478
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Random, Scattered Disturbed Thoughts

    If you had a unibrow, why wouldn't you get rid of it?

  23. #5020
    Member ilive4sports's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Sacramento, CA
    Posts
    6,822

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Random, Scattered Disturbed Thoughts

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDavisBrothers View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If you had a unibrow, why wouldn't you get rid of it?
    Seeing a lot of Anthony Davis on tv?

  24. The Following User Says Thank You to ilive4sports For This Useful Post:


  25. #5021
    @SteaglesPD Steagles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    The 502 and 317
    Age
    18
    Posts
    3,251
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDavisBrothers View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If you had a unibrow, why wouldn't you get rid of it?
    I had a unibrow and I thought it was funny until a girl told me I should shave it. Guess what I did when I went home.


    Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk
    "What you do is so loud, I can't hear what you say" -Andrew Luck
    "If you turn the other cheek, I'm gonna hit you in the other cheek, too" -Charles Barkley
    Freshman at Louisville
    Follow me on Twitter @SteaglesPD
    1000th post - 4/16/12
    2000th post - 6/24/12
    3000th post - 3/8/13

  26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Steagles For This Useful Post:


  27. #5022
    Born ready? TheDavisBrothers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Davenport, IA
    Age
    24
    Posts
    1,478
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Random, Scattered Disturbed Thoughts

    Quote Originally Posted by Steagles View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I had a unibrow and I thought it was funny until a girl told me I should shave it. Guess what I did when I went home.


    Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk
    yea I would think it doesn't go over to well with the ladies...

    Quote Originally Posted by ilive4sports View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Seeing a lot of Anthony Davis on tv?
    Nailed it!

  28. #5023
    Member ilive4sports's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Sacramento, CA
    Posts
    6,822

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Random, Scattered Disturbed Thoughts

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDavisBrothers View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    yea I would think it doesn't go over to well with the ladies...



    Nailed it!
    my brother and I want to make a fear the unibrow type shirt for Davis like the SF Giants make for Brian Wilson's beard

  29. #5024
    Member Since86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Muncie
    Posts
    20,887

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Random, Scattered Disturbed Thoughts

    The tag line on twitter for Davis saturday was BowTotheBrow. That's a pretty good one.

  30. #5025
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    30,658

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Random, Scattered Disturbed Thoughts

    Yeah, it's pretty good until you hear 15,000 Kentucky fans saying it constantly for an entire weekend. I wanted to put a bullet in my brain.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

Similar Threads

  1. 07-08 Random NBA thoughts episode IV: A New Season
    By Kstat in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 1109
    Last Post: 04-25-2008, 12:28 PM
  2. Odd thoughts to wrap up the road trip.
    By Peck in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: 01-16-2008, 02:48 PM
  3. Well... Not impressed.. Random thoughts
    By Bball in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 01-08-2008, 04:18 AM
  4. A Few Random Thoughts from My First Game of the Year
    By arenn in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 12-26-2007, 10:21 AM
  5. So, what's the over-under? and Random Thoughts
    By indygeezer in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 11-23-2007, 02:35 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •