Page 200 of 225 FirstFirst ... 100150190196197198199200201202203204210 ... LastLast
Results 4,976 to 5,000 of 5615

Thread: Random, Scattered Disturbed Thoughts

  1. #4976
    Member ilive4sports's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Sacramento, CA
    Posts
    6,872

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Random, Scattered Disturbed Thoughts

    Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm not sure how often that you make it out to the West Coast....but I guess for me, if I don't visit the West Coast that often....I'd want to see stuff that I can't see in Indy.

    If you have the time....there is more to see out here than SF itself. You can drive south along the coast to Carmel, Monterey Bay and Santa Cruz about 2 hour south of SF ( nice sight seeing while seeing the Pacific Ocean ). If anything......you can drive along the coast to north of SF, you can go to Sausalito ( I think you can cross the Golden Gate Bridge to get there ) or to Napa Valley ( for wine tasting ).

    If you stay within SF itself....there are museums....there's Golden Gate Park itself....shopping...nice food. If you are the church-going type and will be there on a Sunday...you can make your way to St. Mary's Cathedral for Church Service ( if anything, it's a cool looking cathedral ) that is also near Japan Town.
    I recommend doing that as well. Carmel is a very nice town. I've been there twice I think. Driving along the coast on highway 1 is just awesome. And Sausalito is across the Golden Gate Bridge, nice place to go to as well. there is a little pizza shop there that actually has good Pizza (which is rare in California, although the bay area seems to have some good places). I haven't been to Napa yet.

    Are you right in San Jose CableKC? My brother is in San Mateo now and works in Los Gatos

  2. #4977
    Member CableKC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA ( 1123, 6536, 5321 )
    Age
    42
    Posts
    25,214

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Random, Scattered Disturbed Thoughts

    Quote Originally Posted by ilive4sports View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Are you right in San Jose CableKC? My brother is in San Mateo now and works in Los Gatos
    Yep...in San Jose.

    I haven't been to Carmel myself....but spent the weekend out in Monterey and Santa Cruz before. For those in Indy...I'm assuming that going out and driving out along the coast is something different. On top of that.....if you have the time....then it's nice to go out to Yosemite....which is sometimes busy...but there are so many State National Parks with nice outdoor areas to visit and see. Either way...there are a lot of different places to go see and visit that is within driving distance of the SF Bay Area.
    Last edited by CableKC; 02-29-2012 at 01:48 AM.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

    This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

  3. #4978
    Tree People to the Core! indygeezer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Cumberland
    Posts
    15,328
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Random, Scattered Disturbed Thoughts

    I just burned 5 dvd's by myself.........sometimes I feel sooooo techie.
    If you get to thinkin’ you’re a person of some influence, try orderin’ somebody else’s dog around..

  4. #4979
    Member CableKC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA ( 1123, 6536, 5321 )
    Age
    42
    Posts
    25,214

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Random, Scattered Disturbed Thoughts

    Quote Originally Posted by indygeezer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I just burned 5 dvd's by myself.........sometimes I feel sooooo techie.
    When you say that you 'burned DVDs', you know that you're not supposed to actually put them in the fireplace and set them on fire, right?

    j/k
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

    This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

  5. #4980
    Tree People to the Core! indygeezer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Cumberland
    Posts
    15,328
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Random, Scattered Disturbed Thoughts

    Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    When you say that you 'burned DVDs', you know that you're not supposed to actually put them in the fireplace and set them on fire, right?

    j/k
    oh

    If you get to thinkin’ you’re a person of some influence, try orderin’ somebody else’s dog around..

  6. #4981
    Tree People to the Core! indygeezer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Cumberland
    Posts
    15,328
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Random, Scattered Disturbed Thoughts

    Thanks to Mrs. Indygeezer for going off to work this morning which allowed me to put my new car in the garage and miss being pelted by the grape sized hail that just fell.

    There was enough to cover my yard.

    (I took video in case there comes an insurance question.)
    If you get to thinkin’ you’re a person of some influence, try orderin’ somebody else’s dog around..

  7. #4982
    Member CableKC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA ( 1123, 6536, 5321 )
    Age
    42
    Posts
    25,214

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Random, Scattered Disturbed Thoughts

    Quote Originally Posted by indygeezer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Thanks to Mrs. Indygeezer for going off to work this morning which allowed me to put my new car in the garage and miss being pelted by the grape sized hail that just fell.

    There was enough to cover my yard.

    (I took video in case there comes an insurance question.)
    Stay safe....is it normal for it to snow like this in Indy in the beginning of March?
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

    This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

  8. #4983
    Tree People to the Core! indygeezer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Cumberland
    Posts
    15,328
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Random, Scattered Disturbed Thoughts

    Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Stay safe....is it normal for it to snow like this in Indy in the beginning of March?
    In like a lion out like a lamb.
    If you get to thinkin’ you’re a person of some influence, try orderin’ somebody else’s dog around..

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to indygeezer For This Useful Post:


  10. #4984
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    3,656
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Random, Scattered Disturbed Thoughts

    Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Stay safe....is it normal for it to snow like this in Indy in the beginning of March?
    It's not snowy, winter weather, it's tornadic, spring weather. There are multiple tornadoes on the ground just south of me as I type this. The weatherman says it's maybe the worst outbreak he's ever personally witnessed, and he's spent time in Oklahoma. Yikes...

  11. #4985
    Member ilive4sports's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Sacramento, CA
    Posts
    6,872

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Random, Scattered Disturbed Thoughts

    Quote Originally Posted by indygeezer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    In like a lion out like a lamb.
    HA! I forgot about this saying since I moved out to California

  12. #4986
    Tree People to the Core! indygeezer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Cumberland
    Posts
    15,328
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Random, Scattered Disturbed Thoughts

    I'm shocked!!

    Nobody said


    THAT"S WHAT SHE SAID
    If you get to thinkin’ you’re a person of some influence, try orderin’ somebody else’s dog around..

  13. #4987
    Tree People to the Core! indygeezer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Cumberland
    Posts
    15,328
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Random, Scattered Disturbed Thoughts

    #&*$$&?D headache
    If you get to thinkin’ you’re a person of some influence, try orderin’ somebody else’s dog around..

  14. #4988
    Tree People to the Core! indygeezer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Cumberland
    Posts
    15,328
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Random, Scattered Disturbed Thoughts

    So very sleepy.
    If you get to thinkin’ you’re a person of some influence, try orderin’ somebody else’s dog around..

  15. #4989
    Tree People to the Core! indygeezer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Cumberland
    Posts
    15,328
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Random, Scattered Disturbed Thoughts

    In just 12...oops 11, posts this thread will hit # 5000. Who will get it????


    Having said that, the Star mods would shut us down back in the day.
    If you get to thinkin’ you’re a person of some influence, try orderin’ somebody else’s dog around..

  16. #4990
    Tree People to the Core! indygeezer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Cumberland
    Posts
    15,328
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Random, Scattered Disturbed Thoughts

    I guess you still cant fix stupid but you can reward it !!!!

    It's time again for the annual 'Stella Awards'!

    For those unfamiliar with these awards, they are named after
    81-year-old Stella Liebeck who spilled hot coffee on herself and
    successfully sued the McDonald's in New Mexico , where she purchased
    coffee. You remember, she took the lid off the coffee and put it
    between her knees while she was driving. Who would ever think one could
    get burned doing that, right? That's right; these are awards for the
    most outlandish lawsuits and verdicts in the U.S. You know the kind of
    cases that make you scratch your head. So keep your head scratcher handy


    Here are the Stellas for this past year -- 2011


    * SEVENTH PLACE *


    Kathleen Robertson of Austin , Texas was awarded $80,000 by a jury of
    her peers after breaking her ankle tripping over a toddler who was
    running inside a furniture store. The store owners were understandably
    surprised by the verdict, considering the running toddler was her own
    son.


    Start scratching!


    * SIXTH PLACE *

    Carl Truman, 19, of Los Angeles , California won $74,000 plus medical
    expenses when his neighbor ran over his hand with a Honda Accord.
    Truman apparently didn't notice there was someone at the wheel of the
    car when he was trying to steal his neighbor's hubcaps.


    Scratch some more...


    * FIFTH PLACE *

    Terrence Dickson, of Bristol , Pennsylvania , who was leaving a house he
    had just burglarized by way of the garage. Unfortunately for Dickson,
    the automatic garage door opener malfunctioned and he could not get the
    garage door to open. Worse, he couldn't re-enter the house because the
    door connecting the garage to the house locked when Dickson pulled it
    shut.
    Forced to sit for eight, count 'em, EIGHT days and survive on a case
    of Pepsi and a large bag of dry dog food, he sued the homeowner's
    insurance company claiming undue mental Anguish. Amazingly, the jury
    said the insurance company must pay Dickson $500,000 for his anguish.
    We should all have this kind of anguish Keep scratching. There are
    more...


    Double hand scratching after this one..


    * FOURTH PLACE *

    Jerry Williams, of Little Rock , Arkansas , garnered 4th Place in the
    Stella's when he was awarded $14,500 plus medical expenses after being
    bitten on the butt by his next door neighbor's beagle - even though the
    beagle was on a chain in its owner's fenced yard. Williams did not get
    as much as he asked for because the jury believed the beagle might have
    been provoked at the time of the butt bite because Williams had climbed
    over the fence into the yard and repeatedly shot the dog with a pellet
    gun.


    Pick a new spot to scratch, you're getting a bald spot..


    * THIRD PLACE *

    Amber Carson of Lancaster , Pennsylvania because a jury ordered a
    Philadelphia restaurant to pay her $113,500 after she slipped on a
    spilled soft drink and broke her tailbone. The reason the soft drink
    was on the floor: Ms. Carson had thrown it at her boyfriend 30 seconds
    earlier during an argument. What ever happened to people being
    responsible for their own actions?


    Only two more so ease up on the scratching...



    *SECOND PLACE*

    Kara Walton, of Claymont , Delaware sued the owner of a night club in a
    nearby city because she fell from the bathroom window to the floor,
    knocking out her two front teeth. Even though Ms. Walton was trying to
    sneak through the ladies room window to avoid paying the $3.50 cover
    charge, the jury said the night club had to pay her $12,000....oh,
    yeah, plus dental expenses. Go figure.


    Ok. Here we go!! Drum roll ..


    * FIRST PLACE *

    This year's runaway First Place Stella Award winner was: Mrs. Merv
    Grazinski of Oklahoma City , Oklahoma , who purchased new 32-foot
    Winnebago motor home.
    On her first trip home, from an OU football game, having driven on to
    the freeway, she set the cruise control at 70 mph and calmly left the
    driver's seat to go to the back of the Winnebago to make herself a
    sandwich not surprisingly, the motor home left the freeway, crashed and
    overturned. Also not surprisingly, Mrs. Grazinski sued Winnebago for
    not putting in the owners manual that she couldn't actually leave the
    driver's seat while the cruise control was set. The Oklahoma jury
    awarded her, are you sitting down? $1,750,000 PLUS a new motor home.
    Winnebago actually changed their manuals as a result of this suit, just
    in case Mrs. Grazinski has any relatives who might also buy a motor
    home.
    If you get to thinkin’ you’re a person of some influence, try orderin’ somebody else’s dog around..

  17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to indygeezer For This Useful Post:


  18. #4991
    Member ilive4sports's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Sacramento, CA
    Posts
    6,872

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Random, Scattered Disturbed Thoughts

    Wow, I hate humanity now Geezer. Why do we reward stupid?

  19. The Following User Says Thank You to ilive4sports For This Useful Post:


  20. #4992
    Member ilive4sports's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Sacramento, CA
    Posts
    6,872

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Random, Scattered Disturbed Thoughts

    Apparently my high school has the number one TE in the country and he just committed to my university. Happy to see Adam Brennamen repping the Blue N White for years to come.

  21. #4993
    Tree People to the Core! indygeezer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Cumberland
    Posts
    15,328
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Random, Scattered Disturbed Thoughts

    Quote Originally Posted by ilive4sports View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Apparently my high school has the number one TE in the country and he just committed to my university. Happy to see Adam Brennamen repping the Blue N White for years to come.
    Sorry...BnW....Whodat??
    If you get to thinkin’ you’re a person of some influence, try orderin’ somebody else’s dog around..

  22. #4994
    Nerd.
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Greenwood, IN
    Age
    33
    Posts
    5,069
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Random, Scattered Disturbed Thoughts

    Sorry. You realize those Stella award stories aren't real, don't you?
    Also, the McDonalds coffee woman had a legit case.

  23. #4995
    Member ilive4sports's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Sacramento, CA
    Posts
    6,872

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Random, Scattered Disturbed Thoughts

    Quote Originally Posted by indygeezer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Sorry...BnW....Whodat??
    That team in the big ten that Michigan hasn't beaten in 4 years

  24. #4996
    Tree People to the Core! indygeezer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Cumberland
    Posts
    15,328
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Random, Scattered Disturbed Thoughts

    Ewwwwwwwwww
    If you get to thinkin’ you’re a person of some influence, try orderin’ somebody else’s dog around..

  25. #4997
    .
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583

    Default Re: Random, Scattered Disturbed Thoughts

    Quote Originally Posted by Stryder View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Sorry. You realize those Stella award stories aren't real, don't you?
    Also, the McDonalds coffee woman had a legit case.
    Go on...

  26. #4998
    Tree People to the Core! indygeezer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Cumberland
    Posts
    15,328
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Random, Scattered Disturbed Thoughts

    Quote Originally Posted by Stryder View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Sorry. You realize those Stella award stories aren't real, don't you?
    Also, the McDonalds coffee woman had a legit case.
    real or not, isn't the real story that nobody is suprised by them or that they at least SOUND as if they could be real stories in the US?
    If you get to thinkin’ you’re a person of some influence, try orderin’ somebody else’s dog around..

  27. #4999
    Nerd.
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Greenwood, IN
    Age
    33
    Posts
    5,069
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Random, Scattered Disturbed Thoughts

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Go on...
    Go on about what?

    I'd advise anyone that spouts off about the McDonalds coffee case to actually research it. You'd be surprised to find what you do.

  28. #5000
    Nerd.
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Greenwood, IN
    Age
    33
    Posts
    5,069
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Random, Scattered Disturbed Thoughts

    Quote Originally Posted by indygeezer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    real or not, isn't the real story that nobody is suprised by them or that they at least SOUND as if they could be real stories in the US?
    I think it's more of a sign on how gullible people are...

Similar Threads

  1. 07-08 Random NBA thoughts episode IV: A New Season
    By Kstat in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 1109
    Last Post: 04-25-2008, 12:28 PM
  2. Odd thoughts to wrap up the road trip.
    By Peck in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: 01-16-2008, 03:48 PM
  3. Well... Not impressed.. Random thoughts
    By Bball in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 01-08-2008, 05:18 AM
  4. A Few Random Thoughts from My First Game of the Year
    By arenn in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 12-26-2007, 11:21 AM
  5. So, what's the over-under? and Random Thoughts
    By indygeezer in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 11-23-2007, 03:35 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •