Page 163 of 225 FirstFirst ... 63113153159160161162163164165166167173213 ... LastLast
Results 4,051 to 4,075 of 5610

Thread: Random, Scattered Disturbed Thoughts

Default Re: Random, Scattered Disturbed Thoughts

I think the geezer is belly up to the jim beam today.

MIA

teY dennaB toN

It's about 4:30. If he's not 3 sheets to the wind by now, I will be disappointed.

Little known fact. He is solely responsible for the recession.

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It's about 4:30. If he's not 3 sheets to the wind by now, I will be disappointed.

Little known fact. He is solely responsible for the recession.
    You mean all of his shady sales deals with divorcee's?

teY dennaB toN

Look what that did to the housing market

I hear ya man. It's no wonder he's hammered by noon.

teY dennaB toN

He's probably downing a few midol with his Beam.

Have a good one. May you plant your flag on the blue mountain of your choice this evening.

LIVE the dream!

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    He's probably downing a few midol with his Beam.
    Exactly.

teY dennaB toN

Quote Originally Posted by Twes View Post
    Have a good one. May you plant your flag on the blue mountain of your choice this evening.

LIVE the dream!

Amen.

I hope we enjoy GT

Tree People to the Core! indygeezer's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Phooey!! Y'all....I was HIGH on life yesterday!! Woo WOoo

Y'all have a really important task in life now. KEEP WORKING AND PAY YER SOCIAL SECURITY, because I signed up for my SS bennies yesterday!!!! First check will arrive in November. (suck on that fer awhile!!)

I knew nothing about it when I went into the SS office, but it seems that since I am drawing bennies and Geezerette is under 18 and still in High School, SHE gets a monthly check too!! So starting in Nov. she will get a check each month for $ 1028.00 until she graduates. We've decided not to tell her about it until she graduates, then give it to her to help pay for college (nearly $21,000).

So y'all....keep hittin' that time clock!!

and I'm gonna look at the Real Estate income....if outgo continues to be even with or greater than income, I quit and stay home. I mean, I really do love what I'm doing...but I could cut back to be certain I don't exceed the SS income limits
    Last edited by indygeezer; 06-13-2009 at 09:31 AM.
    If you get to thinkin’ you’re a person of some influence, try orderin’ somebody else’s dog around..

Mood

Geezerette has been signed up for a Hunter Ed course....and my Bro-in-law will be taken her to a shootin range to teach her the fine art of blastin' away.

She has said for two years she wants to deer hunt...well by golly she's going this year....gives me a good excuse, ya know? Good ol' father-daughter time. Gotta maintain quality time with the kid right?
    If you get to thinkin’ you’re a person of some influence, try orderin’ somebody else’s dog around..

Pennsylvania currently holds three of the four major sport champions with Pittsburgh winning the Stanley Cup last night.

Quote Originally Posted by ilive4sports View Post
    Pennsylvania currently holds three of the four major sport champions with Pittsburgh winning the Stanley Cup last night.
    And has towns named Intercourse, Fertility and Blue Ball. Gotta give PA its props.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to PacerDude For This Useful Post:

Well, it's confirmed - I now receive just two stations - CBS from Lafayette and NBC from Indy. I will no longer watch even the 6 NBA games that happen to make it onto ABC each year.

What's funny is I got channel 6 (Indy) on DTV UNTIL Friday.

What's funnier is I decided I should update my 5-year old rabbit ears and spent 50 bucks in Best Buy on something that looks like a hot plate (on the recommendation of the sales clerk) that you hook up to your set. With it I got 1 station - sometimes.

That's OK - I believe Hulu may become a part of my life. I have a 25" screen hooked up to my laptop. The only problem is the comfort of watching TV in my office chair but I'll figure it out.
    The poster formerly known as Rimfire

Quote Originally Posted by DisplacedKnick View Post
    Well, it's confirmed - I now receive just two stations - CBS from Lafayette and NBC from Indy. I will no longer watch even the 6 NBA games that happen to make it onto ABC each year.

What's funny is I got channel 6 (Indy) on DTV UNTIL Friday.
    Check this place out: http://www.antennaweb.org/aw/welcome.aspx

You may need to diddle around with your antenna.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by PacerDude View Post

Ewwwwwww

Quote Originally Posted by indygeezer View Post
    Ewwwwwww
    Well, if ones antenna isn't aimed in the proper direction, such antenna may produce unexpected results when such antenna is put to use. If it is properly aimed, the results will be great. If not, a brown-out could occur.

Check this place out: http://www.antennaweb.org/aw/welcome.aspx

Yes, because after 22 years of receiving broadcast TV via rabbit ears I never figured that I might need to adjust it.

Unless "diddle around with your antenna" is a euphimism for something else in which case, you're probably right - gotta do something to replace the lost channels.

Yes, because after 22 years of receiving broadcast TV via rabbit ears I never figured that I might need to adjust it.
    Well, if you'd take the time to look at the site, you might find that different stations broadcast from different areas - different from their analog signals. At this site, you can actually figure out where to aim your antenna. Therefore, some 'adjustment' of your new antenna may be necessary to get all the available stations.

But in your 22 years of infinite wisdom with broadcasts, antennas, analog, HD and the like, you already knew all that.

What ya get just fer tryin' to lend a hand .................

Well, if you'd take the time to look at the site, you might find that different stations broadcast from different areas - different from their analog signals. At this site, you can actually figure out where to aim your antenna. Therefore, some 'adjustment' of your new antenna may be necessary to get all the available stations.

But in your 22 years of infinite wisdom with broadcasts, antennas, analog, HD and the like, you already knew all that.

What ya get just fer tryin' to lend a hand .................
    I had been to that site well over a month ago - which happens to be completely irrelevant to this situation because anyone who knows anything about it will realize that when you live 50 miles away from most transmitters it's not a matter of just pointing the antennae - you basically have to move it all over the place and experiment. From that distance trees, power lines, houses all impact the signal.

After having already done that my firm opinion is that the old rabbit ears are better than the new flat antenna the Best Buy guy recommended I get. I suppose I could buy 200 feet of coax and hang it in my kitchen or from the shower rod or something but I'm not going to do that.

The only thing that site's any good for - at least in my case - is so you can manually enter stations into the set in case you do find you can point the antennae in a certain direction and get one of them. Of course since most stations have the same default channel as they used for analogue, it doesn't provide a great bonanza of information even then.
    Last edited by DisplacedKnick; 06-14-2009 at 05:25 PM.

And has towns named Intercourse, Fertility and Blue Ball. Gotta give PA its props.
    Those Amish have dirty dirty minds.

Too bad only one of those 3 teams I support. I dont hate the other two and actually wanted them to win their respective championships once my teams were out of it.

After having already done that my firm opinion is that the old rabbit ears are better than the new flat antenna the Best Buy guy recommended I get. I suppose I could buy 200 feet of coax and hang it in my kitchen or from the shower rod or something but I'm not going to do that.
    DK,

I was in Indiana in March and spent some time setting up my Dad's digital boxes. Years ago his antenna got struck by lightning and was fried and he went to rabbit ears. He lives near Seymour, so he is 50 miles from Louisville and 60 miles from Indy. With analog he could get 2 or 3 Indy stations and most of the Louisville stations. With the old tower (before the lightning) everything had come in fine, but it wasn't fixable and he didn't want to replace it. Going to digital, the signals (particularly VHF) apparently don't travel as well and he gets no Indy stations at all.

I bought a flat indoor HDTV antenna for him ($40 or so from Walmart), but it wasn't really any better than the rabbit ears except that it doesn't need repositioning.

I've been periodically looking into "deep fringe" antennas for him. People seem to love the high-end Winegard ones like the HD8200U: http://www.amazon.com/Winegard-HD820.../dp/B001DFS4BI

People out west in remote places claim well over 100 miles in reception and good reliability. It's directional, so you may need a rotor too or may get lucky pointing it in one spot to get most of what you want at once.

I don't know when I'd be back in Indiana to install it for him, but he is 88 and doesn't get out, so TV is kinda important to him. That price point is kinda steep, though. An e-bay retailer has them for under $160 shipped:

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-Winegard-HD8...3A1%7C294%3A50
    Last edited by Slick Pinkham; 06-15-2009 at 08:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by pacertom View Post
    DK,

I was in Indiana in March and spent some time setting up my Dad's digital boxes. Years ago his antenna got struck by lightning and was fried and he went to rabbit ears. He lives near Seymour, so he is 50 miles from Louisville and 60 miles from Indy. With analog he could get 2 or 3 Indy stations and most of the Louisville stations. With the old tower (before the lightning) everything had come in fine, but it wasn't fixable and he didn't want to replace it. Going to digital, the signals (particularly VHF) apparently don't travel as well and he gets no Indy stations at all.

I bought a flat indoor HDTV antenna for him ($40 or so from Walmart), but it wasn't really any better than the rabbit ears except that it doesn't need repositioning.

I've been periodically looking into "deep fringe" antennas for him. People seem to love the high-end Winegard ones like the HD8200U: http://www.amazon.com/Winegard-HD820.../dp/B001DFS4BI

People out west in remote places claim well over 100 miles in reception and good reliability. It's directional, so you may need a rotor too or may get lucky pointing it in one spot to get most of what you want at once.

I don't know when I'd be back in Indiana to install it for him, but he is 88 and doesn't get out, so TV is kinda important to him. That price point is kinda steep, though. An e-bay retailer has them for under $160 shipped:

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-Winegard-HD8...3A1%7C294%3A50
    Part of my problem is I have hi-tension lines a quarter mile north of me (I have to point the rabbit ears East to get WLFI out of Lafayette, which is NW of me - I assume the signal "bounces" off the power lines) and I have a lot of trees around my house with woods to the south.

This is all OK - I know I'm not getting much TV and I don't watch it much anyway. I'm just PO'd I spent $50 for nothing.

I am going to check out Hulu though. I fully expect that eventually that'll be a pay to play service which I'm fine with if it isn't too much - I just need to enhance the comfort factor.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

All Hulu does is take TV programs that are already available from the networks, and place them at one site. If it's not streamed online from the respective network it airs on, then it won't be on Hulu, so aslong as they stay free, then Hulu should as well.

With all traffic it gets, I bet they're getting a pretty penny from sponsorships.

teY dennaB toN

My poop was quite scattered today. However, it was not random.