Page 97 of 225 FirstFirst ... 478793949596979899100101107147197 ... LastLast
Results 2,401 to 2,425 of 5623

Thread: Random, Scattered Disturbed Thoughts

Default Re: Random, Scattered Disturbed Thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by pacertom View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Watching 5 inches of rain fall in just a couple of hours is pretty freakin' impressive.
    Some folks in S Indiana could tell you about that.

Hopefully you aren't in the tornado areas.
    The poster formerly known as Rimfire

Quote Originally Posted by Gyron View Post
    How's the flooding? Everything Ok?

We have friends in Naples, we were on the phone with them last night, though it was only raining a little at that point.
    Not much flooding yet around me-- the ditches and canals are working since the past couple of weeks were dry. I'm sure some neighborhoods have flooding though. No basements here, and most lots are built up. The roads are much more flooded than the houses, actually.

I'm on the East coast, near West Palm Beach. We escaped most of the wind but are getting a hefty portion of the rain and some scattered tornadoes.

The West Coast of FL caught a break when Fay went right a little early and had a few less hours to strengthen above 60-65 mph, and it also directly hit less populated areas a full hour south of Ft. Myers.

Quote Originally Posted by DisplacedKnick View Post
    Some folks in S Indiana could tell you about that.

Hopefully you aren't in the tornado areas.
    one tornado was confirmed down about 7 miles away from me, but it didn't apparently stay on the ground long and caused minimal damage as far as I know right now.

Nature is doing some pruning. All the branches and palm fronds scattered all over my yard so far were brown and dead anyway and just hanging in the tree tops.

My grandfather once told me when I was very young that Hurricanes are Natures way of clensing herself. Everyonce in a while, you got give yourself a good scrubbing. Sometime more harsh than others.....

I guess that explains why grandpa dropped the garden hose/leaf blower douch on grandma.

Old father nature "cleansing" his way.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

School sucks. My GPA is screwed up, and I can't get into a class I need because of it. I transfered in 11 credit hours from AP courses in high school and for some reason the chem score is counted in my GPA. So it's like I was credited 4hrs with no grade assigned to it for my GPA. Due to that I'm under the cutoff line, barely, and if it wasn't figured in I would be considerably above it.

My stinking advisor doesn't have office hours until classes start, so instead of me being able to go into and talk to her to get this straightened out, and get on the list for the requird class, I have to wait.

Not only that, but I need 6more credit hours of electives, so I need to find some easy classes. I've been looking, but no luck so far. I want something easy, for obvious reasons.

I saved my easy electives until my senior year, and did badmiton and ping pong my final symester. Was a great final symester.

Quote Originally Posted by Since86 View Post
    My stinking advisor doesn't have office hours until classes start, so instead of me being able to go into and talk to her to get this straightened out, and get on the list for the requird class, I have to wait.
    Dunno your advisor but send her an e-mail. Lots check from home.

Some don't so after 2-3 days if you don't get an answer, call her at home. Unless she's a total beyatch it shouldn't tick her off.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Gyron View Post
    I saved my easy electives until my senior year, and did badmiton and ping pong my final symester. Was a great final symester.
    Ball State doesn't offer those types of courses anymore. I could do dance though, like line dancing and stuff but I believe they're only 2 credit hours.

Quote Originally Posted by DisplacedKnick View Post
    Dunno your advisor but send her an e-mail. Lots check from home.

Some don't so after 2-3 days if you don't get an answer, call her at home. Unless she's a total beyatch it shouldn't tick her off.
    I tried to do it over email and she said it needed to be done in person, and that she had walk in hours first week of school.

What the hell was I doing in that post above? semester.....Where the hell did Symester come from? And I typed it twice!

Quote Originally Posted by Since86 View Post
    Ball State doesn't offer those types of courses anymore. I could do dance though, like line dancing and stuff but I believe they're only 2 credit hours.

I tried to do it over email and she said it needed to be done in person, and that she had walk in hours first week of school.
    As a person who taught college for a couple of years, IMO that's a crock. Unless she's out of the country or something - and even if she was, she should be able to refer you to another faculty member who can help you out.

Tree People to the Core! indygeezer's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Poor Jr. he seems to be struggling reading Crime and Punishment. I don't understand, he had all summer. Test on it coming up real soon.

and after reading the above exchanges, I'm crossing BS off Jr's list of possible colleges. (not that I was looking for an excuse to do so)
    If you get to thinkin’ you’re a person of some influence, try orderin’ somebody else’s dog around..

Today I threw a rosetta stone at a Joshua tree.

Out fell a monkey rubbing his head.

He picked himself up and started screaming at me.

In French.

So I chopped his head off with a machete.

I don't hear any more screaming.

Quote Originally Posted by indygeezer View Post
    Poor Jr. he seems to be struggling reading Crime and Punishment. I don't understand, he had all summer. Test on it coming up real soon.

and after reading the above exchanges, I'm crossing BS off Jr's list of possible colleges. (not that I was looking for an excuse to do so)
    Just show him video's of marines digging fox holes in the sand box.

He'll be one reading muthaF$%&^*^ then.

teY dennaB toN

Good to see I'm not the only person to behead a French-speaking, screaming, monkey around here.

Or, wait, maybe I still am...

teY dennaB toN

Actually that reminds me of a duck hunting trip down the wabash river a few years back. Four of us were floating down river in a duck boat and it was about 35 degrees out. There wasn't much hunting going on; it was more of a float down the river and drink liquor trip. Looking back, it may not have been the wisest boat trip any of us have taken.

Well, eventually we are floating along and my buddy spots a dead buck along the banks. He had a big rack (10 or 12 pointer typical - don't remember which, but it was a big spread and big tines). Anyway, we land the boat and climb up the bank to the deer.

It had been dead for a few days at least, it was all bloated and the smell was awful. Didn't stop the guy who spotted it from whipping out his knife and just jaggedly cut the focking things head off. Guess he wanted the rack for something, he's a crazy focker anyway.

Well that just made the smell 10,000 times worse and my other buddy after watching this just starts hurling and hurling and hurling. I've never seen someone puke up so much bloody mary's mixed with triscuits, cheese, and venison summer sausage. It was also quite possibly a top-10 funniest moment for me. He still doesn't leave that little episode down.

Kind of fun floating down the river with a big deer head tied to the front of the boat too.

I know exactly what you're talking about.

I killed a buck in Wisconsin one time and my dad kept the head for me but he didn't freeze it. I cut the antlers out in flocking July.

I'm telling you... that was ugly.

But I got my antlers.

Were there any holes in that bloated buck? Some guy was looking all over for it and found it headless. Sucks for him.

You're lucky the DNR didn't run in to you guys with a tagless head like that.

I'm ready for Oct. 1.

teY dennaB toN

Quote Originally Posted by Twes View Post
    I know exactly what you're talking about.

I killed a buck in Wisconsin one time and my dad kept the head for me but he didn't freeze it. I cut the antlers out in flocking July.

I'm telling you... that was ugly.

But I got my antlers.

Were there any holes in that bloated buck? Some guy was looking all over for it and found it headless. Sucks for him.

You're lucky the DNR didn't run in to you guys with a tagless head like that.

No holes . . . he was an old bast*rd. It wasn't deer season at the time, it was sometime in mid-late January. And there is never any DNR on the river (well, rarely). Doesn't make it any less stupid of us though.

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    No holes . . . he was an old bast*rd. It wasn't deer season at the time, it was sometime in mid-late January. And there is never any DNR on the river (well, rarely). Doesn't make it any less stupid of us though.
    Indiana seems to be pretty "low key".

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Actually that reminds me of a duck hunting trip down the wabash river a few years back. Four of us were floating down river in a duck boat and it was about 35 degrees out. There wasn't much hunting going on; it was more of a float down the river and drink liquor trip. Looking back, it may not have been the wisest boat trip any of us have taken.

Well, eventually we are floating along and my buddy spots a dead buck along the banks. He had a big rack (10 or 12 pointer typical - don't remember which, but it was a big spread and big tines). Anyway, we land the boat and climb up the bank to the deer.

It had been dead for a few days at least, it was all bloated and the smell was awful. Didn't stop the guy who spotted it from whipping out his knife and just jaggedly cut the focking things head off. Guess he wanted the rack for something, he's a crazy focker anyway.

Well that just made the smell 10,000 times worse and my other buddy after watching this just starts hurling and hurling and hurling. I've never seen someone puke up so much bloody mary's mixed with triscuits, cheese, and venison summer sausage. It was also quite possibly a top-10 funniest moment for me. He still doesn't leave that little episode down.

Kind of fun floating down the river with a big deer head tied to the front of the boat too.
    I sense a scene here for Deliverance II - His Mouth Ain't the Only Pretty Thing

Tree People to the Core! indygeezer's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Hey I ain't got not banjo no more but I's got a mandolin somewheres.

Da da da DOT da
    If you get to thinkin’ you’re a person of some influence, try orderin’ somebody else’s dog around..

Some of us are always on the lookout for a nice big rack

I had lunch at Cancun today.

Man I ate too much.

International Counter bellisimo's Avatar

i'm stuck with glasses till sept 18th...
    my last monthly pair of contacts broke

now i gotta go back to playing the "sophisticated guy" role