Page 214 of 224 FirstFirst ... 114164204210211212213214215216217218 ... LastLast
Results 5,326 to 5,350 of 5585

Thread: Random, Scattered Disturbed Thoughts

Default Re: Random, Scattered Disturbed Thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by indygeezer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    yes, with an escalator clause.
    Nice!

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by indygeezer View Post
    uh no....not without a significant increase in rates according to our agent (this was 30 years ago and I'm still pissed at that agent)
    Yep. Our company's policy that any collison claim over $750 is surchargeable. Just depends on how much damage is done, and what you're previous claim history looks like on how big the surcharge is.

I have learned they you can get rear-ended by someone on an interstate highway who is not paying any attention at all to the presence of a traffic jam up ahead,

you come out OK but with a car suffering $6K in rear end damage and being undrivable for a month,

and you can still be responsible for your insurance deductable and cost of the rental car.

Why?

Because the stupid young woman who hit you, probably because she was texting or talking on the cell phone, has a bulldog lawyer for a Dad and he challenges in legal actions that the "accident" was not caused by his inattentive child who was the only person of 20 drivers who did not stop, but that the wreck was rather caused by cops who created the traffic jam in the first place by pulling over someone in an area he claims has "low visability" for oncoming traffic. He says they should have waited for a perfectly flat stretch of road to bother to stop someone.

Mind you, we saw the traffic jam a long way ahead of time, discussing "I wonder what is going on way up ahead there with all the blue lights- it looks big!"

But because of this bulldog lawyer, your insurance company has decided it's not worth fighting, and has declared the incident in which you were rear-ended (through no fault of your own) should, contrary to the police report, be declared a "no fault" accident and thus my insurance must cover the costs of damage to my vehicle.

Thus I am out the collision deductable and out the cost of the rental car for the time it took for repairs, 4 weeks. All told I'm out like $800.

Thanks Allstate!
    Last edited by Slick Pinkham; 06-06-2013 at 03:15 PM.
    The poster "pacertom" since this forum began (and before!). I changed my name here to "Slick Pinkham" in honor of the imaginary player That Bobby "Slick" Leonard picked late in the 1971 ABA draft (true story!)

Quote Originally Posted by Slick Pinkham View Post
    I have learned they you can get rear-ended by someone on an interstate highway who is not paying any attention at all to the presence of a traffic jam up ahead,

you come out OK but with a car suffering $6K in rear end damage and being undrivable for a month,

and you can still be responsible for your insurance deductable and cost of the rental car.

Why?

Because the stupid young woman who hit you, probably because she was texting or talking on the cell phone, has a bulldog lawyer for a Dad and he challenges in legal actions that the "accident" was not caused by his inattentive child who was the only person of 20 drivers who did not stop, but that the wreck was rather caused by cops who created the traffic jam in the first place by pulling over someone in an area he claims has "low visability" for oncoming traffic. He says they should have waited for a perfectly flat stretch of road to bother to stop someone.

Mind you, we saw the traffic jam a long way ahead of time, discussing "I wonder what is going on way up ahead there with all the blue lights- it looks big!"

But because of this bulldog lawyer, your insurance company has decided it's not worth fighting, and has declared the incident in which you were rear-ended (through no fault of your own) should, contrary to the police report, be declared a "no fault" accident and thus my insurance must cover the costs of damage to my vehicle.

Thus I am out the collision deductable and out the cost of the rental car for the time it took for repairs, 4 weeks. All told I'm out like $800.

Thanks Allstate!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Twes For This Useful Post:

Sure I could have and should have had rental car coverage in my policy, but since we have multiple cars we can usually "get by" with one less car for awhile.

We would have in this case too, but the insurance agent advised us that this was a pretty standard "you were rear-ended so it's their fault" case and we would get reimbursed for the rental car if we kept receipts. Still, being worried, I got the cheapest rental I could find (Ford Fiesta). It's a good thing I guess.

Effin' lawyers
    The poster "pacertom" since this forum began (and before!). I changed my name here to "Slick Pinkham" in honor of the imaginary player That Bobby "Slick" Leonard picked late in the 1971 ABA draft (true story!)

And you just know if his kid got rear ended by a drunk texter they'd be doing 15 to 20.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Twes For This Useful Post:

The other insurance company sent us paperwork to sign saying we were not injured, a month or so after the wreck.

Since we indeed were not injured, we signed it.

I think my leverage went out the window right there though. Too honest. Sucker me!

I should have said we won't sign jack until we are reimbursed for the claims already listed, and that I feel a headache coming on...

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Why?

Thanks Allstate!
    Wow...... Where was that at, CT? Good thing Indiana isn't a no-fault state.

Florida. This happened up in the panhandle where the terrain isn't totally flat, just 99% flat.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Twes View Post
    Did the ladder have insurance?
    I sure hope it had a good life insurance policy.....
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

"And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

future dragon trainer Heisenberg's Avatar

Sports Logo

so we have basically the most expensive gas in the country right now. this sucks.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:

Tree People to the Core! indygeezer's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Whatchu mean, I just saw it at $4.18.....it's getting cheap again!!! BTW...watch home mortgages, rates have been jumping up this week (it always happens when it becomes a buyers market). But really, is 4-4.5% all that bad? Anybody remember the 18% rates of the late 70's early 80's? I do.
    If you get to thinkin’ you’re a person of some influence, try orderin’ somebody else’s dog around..

Is it time to go home yet?

No really

I hate the double drive thru bull*****. I fought my way thru the double drive only to have to pull into a parking spot and wait for my food.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Twes For This Useful Post:

Why can Goofy talk and Pluto can't?

Quote Originally Posted by Twes View Post
    Why can Goofy talk and Pluto can't?
    genetic modification by Monsanto

Last edited by Slick Pinkham; 06-07-2013 at 05:11 PM.

genetic modification by Monsanto

We seem to be missing Lassie and Rin Tin Tin who seemed to understand English perfectly although they never cut loose with it. Run Joe Run!

they weren't animated though

mmmm. beer.

Tree People to the Core! indygeezer's Avatar
    Mood

Well the invasion of the 17 year cicada must be over, I haven't seen or heard Twes for a few days.
    If you get to thinkin’ you’re a person of some influence, try orderin’ somebody else’s dog around..

If you are going to be that person in the office that always uses their speaker phone to answer calls please shut your freaking office door. Nobody wants to listen to your conversations!

Thank god for my noise cancelling headphones.

future dragon trainer Heisenberg's Avatar

Sports Logo

so anyone effected by this big "weather event" yet? not supposed to swing through here for a couple more hours.

I headed home early thinking that Indy was going to get hit pretty hard given what they were saying leading up to it, but the wife and I slept right through everything that might have come through.

I woke up a little bit due to some wind, but we had nothing really hit where I live.