Thread: Wanted: Mini Goldendoodle

Default Wanted: Mini Goldendoodle

So my wife really wants a dog. We currently have 2 cats.

While I'm in Atlanta, dogs here are expensive for a mini goldendoodle or regular goldendoodle. Like $1500+. Which is insane to pay for any animal. I have seen in the past that prices for mini goldendoodles are less expensive in Indiana. Does anyone know of someone that breeds goldendoodles? My budgets is around $700. I don't know how much it costs to ship a dog, but I've seen some people asking anywhere from $250-$400. I'm trying to keep it all under $1k at all possible.

Really looking for a F1 female, preferably brown or black in color. F1, fist generation mix of golden retriever and miniature poodle. Never owned a dog, so one that's a gentle and quiet (if you can tell as a pup) would be ideal! A regular goldendoodle would be fine too, just needs to be under 50lbs as an adult. Wife likes smaller dogs.

Don't really expect anyone to know of anyone, but I'll never know unless I ask.
    With the #3 pick in the 2015 draft, your Indiana Pacers!

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Wanted: Mini Goldendoodle

Wonder if it is similar for french bulldogs. We (wife) wants one, but it is a similar story...they cost a couple grand on average and that's crazy.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

If you want a Mini Goldendoodle, my slightly educated guess is that the dog alone is going to cost you $1,000, minimum.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Wouldn't it be cheaper just to buy a female golden retriever and a male mini poodle, put on some Marvin Gaye, and wind up with 5 or 6 dogs you could sell for $1500 each?

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to travmil For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by ECKrueger View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Wonder if it is similar for french bulldogs. We (wife) wants one, but it is a similar story...they cost a couple grand on average and that's crazy.
    My wife wants one too, in the DC area prices even go into the 3,000-4,000 range. I think it is outrageous so we are going to go with a pug instead as they are much cheaper. And I actually like pugs better so for once I get my way!

I've seen Goldendoodles for under $1k, but they are always in the middle of nowhere and the shipping added to it takes it well over $1k. Ugh! I can't just drive 8 hours one way to get a dog.

I'll just have to be patient.

After researching, you can tell that some of these families make goldendoodles for the sole purpose of money. It's like a factory. I stay away from anyone that has a site with multiple sets of dogs just churning out the puppies. That's just disgusting to me and really really sad. People want to give dogs a loving home. The prices are just ridiculous.

We just stumbled upon pictures of goldendoodles and really liked them. I could care less if they are a hipster/fashionable. I just like the dog.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparhawk View Post
    I've seen Goldendoodles for under $1k, but they are always in the middle of nowhere and the shipping added to it takes it well over $1k. Ugh! I can't just drive 8 hours one way to get a dog.

I'll just have to be patient.

After researching, you can tell that some of these families make goldendoodles for the sole purpose of money. It's like a factory. I stay away from anyone that has a site with multiple sets of dogs just churning out the puppies. That's just disgusting to me and really really sad. People want to give dogs a loving home. The prices are just ridiculous.

We just stumbled upon pictures of goldendoodles and really liked them. I could care less if they are a hipster/fashionable. I just like the dog.
    My aunt and uncle actually got a goldendoodle puppy for free, but it was pure luck: someone surrendered a puppy at a shelter hours earlier. They were afraid there might be something wrong with the dog but the vet gave it a clean bill of health. I do not think it was an F1 though. It was probably a less desirable pup that a breeder couldn't make a ton of money off of and just abandoned.

Just wanted to give an update. Found a goldendoodle for sale on craigslist. The guy is in army and moving with his wife, so they need to sell the dog. It's only 1.5 hours away from where I live, so hopefully it works out. Talked to the guy and he's had other calls about the dog too. He's gonna discuss with his wife and get back to me soon. Definitely sucks for them, but my wife and I can give that dog a good stable home.

Crosses fingers. She's pretty adorable.

Mood

Just wanted to give an update. Found a goldendoodle for sale on craigslist. The guy is in army and moving with his wife, so they need to sell the dog. It's only 1.5 hours away from where I live, so hopefully it works out. Talked to the guy and he's had other calls about the dog too. He's gonna discuss with his wife and get back to me soon. Definitely sucks for them, but my wife and I can give that dog a good stable home.

Crosses fingers. She's pretty adorable.
    I hope this is legit, but just a warning, it's a pretty common craigslist scam to get a sob story involving Army moves and deployments "forcing" people to sell stuff. I've ran into it with cars mostly. Just remember, any request to wire money is 100% a scam. Deal face to face only on craigslist.

Just as an example that's happened to me more than once. I was car shopping and came across one I was interested in, they told me the car belonged to their brohter who had just been deployed and to wire the money and they would ship the car blah blah blah. If you hear anything like that at all, it's fake. I'm not trying to be a downer, I hope it's legit and works out for you, I've just seen similar stuff and am just giving a warning.

I hope no one would send anyone money for a car on craigslist these days. Hell, I would not send money to any one for any thing on craigslist.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to ECKrueger For This Useful Post:

I'm more an a little wary when it comes to craigslist (just sad people always take advantage of good things). I did finally talk to the guy and he just left the army. Him and his wife are just moving now that he's out of the army. That aside, they offered to bring the puppy to me, but I offered to go there to save them a 1.5 hour trip.

Said he's vetting calls right now trying to find a good home for the dog. Haven't heard back in a couple of days and will text here shortly.

If I go, I plan on taking nothing but the $500 for the dog. Maybe 1 credit card that I will hide in the car. I have a prius, so I can get there and back on 1 tank easily. Now that I think about it, might ask to meet somewhere public with the dog like a park/dog park.

Mood

Any puppy is going to be loud and hyper until they turn 1 or so. I have a husky and she was a demon dog when she was a puppy lol. Constantly using the bathroom inside, chewing **** up, pestering my other dog, and just constant hyper behavior. But she's a great dog now that she's 2 and a half. Idk how old the dog your trying to get from that guy is, but just be prepared if it's a puppy. It takes a lot of work to raise a good dog.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Miller_time04 For This Useful Post:

I'm more an a little wary when it comes to craigslist (just sad people always take advantage of good things). I did finally talk to the guy and he just left the army. Him and his wife are just moving now that he's out of the army. That aside, they offered to bring the puppy to me, but I offered to go there to save them a 1.5 hour trip.

Said he's vetting calls right now trying to find a good home for the dog. Haven't heard back in a couple of days and will text here shortly.

If I go, I plan on taking nothing but the $500 for the dog. Maybe 1 credit card that I will hide in the car. I have a prius, so I can get there and back on 1 tank easily. Now that I think about it, might ask to meet somewhere public with the dog like a park/dog park.
    Yeah, I would meet in a public place. The chances of something bad happening are miniscule probably, but still, when dealing with someone you don't know I don't think it's bad to be too careful.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to idioteque For This Useful Post:

Ask to meet at the nearest police station. If they are unwilling, well that is a red flag.

Mood

Haven't heard anything out of this in a while, curious as to how it turned out for you?

Oh, sorry.

Well I texted the guy about a date and time to meet. I also brought up for the first time to meet in a public setting. Never heard back from him. Looks like it was a scam.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Sparhawk For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sucks that it didn't work out. Good that you knew to be wary though. Craigslist is tough. Great for antiques. Practically useless for cars, pets, and electronics.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to travmil For This Useful Post:

I'd never buy anything living, expensive, or otherwise valuable off Craigslist.

Quote Originally Posted by travmil View Post
    Sucks that it didn't work out. Good that you knew to be wary though. Craigslist is tough. Great for antiques. Practically useless for cars, pets, and electronics.
    I bought my dog from a lady on Craigslist. He's legit.

Not to stray this off topic, but does anyone have a pomeranian? No, I did not get one, but my girlfriend has one and I hate the **** out of that animal. 7 pounds of "dog"+ 3 pounds of hair=A little ball of terror straight from the depths of hell.

Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    I bought my dog from a lady on Craigslist. He's legit.

Not to stray this off topic, but does anyone have a pomeranian? No, I did not get one, but my girlfriend has one and I hate the **** out of that animal. 7 pounds of "dog"+ 3 pounds of hair=A little ball of terror straight from the depths of hell.
    Haha, I do not like those small dogs. I have a big mutt I adopted from the pound and for some reason those little dogs always yip at her. Luckily my dog is old and laid back and just tolerates it and does not really react. She always turns around and gives me this funny look that says "seriously?!" and then just keeps on walking.

Bought a Goldendoodle from a breeder in Ohio. She's shipping on Saturday. Just bought a bunch of toys, food, etc so we are ready.

28. The Following User Says Thank You to Sparhawk For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by idioteque View Post
    Haha, I do not like those small dogs. I have a big mutt I adopted from the pound and for some reason those little dogs always yip at her. Luckily my dog is old and laid back and just tolerates it and does not really react. She always turns around and gives me this funny look that says "seriously?!" and then just keeps on walking.
    This heartless ******* has stayed over at my place maybe 5-6 times, total. He's had more "accidents" in here than my own dog, who I got when he was 8 weeks old. The little rat****er is a demon.

Bought a Goldendoodle from a breeder in Ohio. She's shipping on Saturday. Just bought a bunch of toys, food, etc so we are ready.

Nice work, if that's her, she's really cute.

Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    Nice work, if that's her, she's really cute.
    haha Yeah, that's her. Gonna name her Min. Any Wheel of Time fans out there will know where that name originates.