Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Apparently the Pacers worked out this Mammoth the other day.

Mood

Default Apparently the Pacers worked out this Mammoth the other day.

http://nbadraft.net/profiles/haseung-jin.asp

Found this here:

http://www.indystar.com/forums/showt...threadid=69075

And in that thread, indygeezer mentioned:

NBADraftNet projects him as going #31 to Orlando (2nd round) but IMO after you get past the top 20 or so anything can be a guess.

I like the part about his parents playing for the Korean teams, that means he's grown up around basketball and may have more smarts about the game than most asian or euro big men. But he certainly isn't the "fix" we need at the 5 immediately. He'd probably replace Primoz if we lose him.
    If he's projected to go #31, then obviously there's at least a chance he'll be there at #29 for us. Frankly for a #29 pick I'd easily take a "risk" with a 7'3" 330lbs center.

Default Re: Apparently the Pacers worked out this Mammoth the other day.

Banned

wow. that is one ugly human being.

t

I'd take him, just so we can have a guy named Ha!!

But this part:

Lee Yun-hwan (Seung-jin's High School coach) on Ha:
    "Even with such imposing height, he is nimble and shrewd, keying rallies at both ends of the court. He can play a game all the way through without losing his wind."
    Sounds pretty dang nice. Huge, mobile, plays both ends, and has good stamina.
    Official Member of the Anti-Alliteration Association

wow. that is one ugly human being.

t
    Let me second that. After I clicked on the link, I was hiding in a corner for about 5 minutes before I came back to post. Whew.

:
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

Offical Thread Killer TheSauceMaster's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Do we need another project guy ? I think we have too many already.

Mood

A 7-3 330Lbs guy with his upside is worth having as a project WHILE we contend.

Might be worth looking at if we solve the backcourt issues via a trade or FA. Dunno how we have too many projects either. Who do we have thats a project, Bender? Unless you consider end of bench scrubs/roster filler like Primoz, James Jones, and Brewer as real projects.

What exactly do you want from a #29 pick?

My question is this: If he's that good, why isn't he projected to go in the first round?
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Mood

My question is this: If he's that good, why isn't he projected to go in the first round?
    My point is it depends on what Bird and Donnie feel we need , If were going after Damiper then why Draft another Big man ? see where I am going ? Til we know exactly where they are going it would be hard to say , they might feel we need a pg or a sg ..rather than another Big Man

Formerly PacerFanInAZ Cactus Jax's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

My point is it depends on what Bird and Donnie feel we need , If were going after Damiper then why Draft another Big man ? see where I am going ? Til we know exactly where they are going it would be hard to say , they might feel we need a pg or a sg ..rather than another Big Man
    I think this guy will eventually move to the later part of the 1st round, but I'm figuring lack of experience is the main reason he's so low. I'm all for picking him, as this is the best type of player to pick, especially a center; there's been quite a few good foreign centers picked later in drafts; Nesterovic, Okur, Ilgauskas, etc. The #29 pick is a potential pick, not an impact player pick, christ the #2 pick, if it's Dwight Howard, isn't going to be an immediate impact pick either.
    "It's just unfortunate that we've been penalized so much this year and nothing has happened to the Pistons, the Palace or the city of Detroit," he said. "It's almost like it's always our fault. The league knows it. They should be ashamed of themselves to let the security be as lax as it is around here."

----------------- Reggie Miller

dwight howard is immediate impact...

He is easily better than Amare Stoudemire was his rookie season...

and being s. korean i would love to have this guy on the pacers, but I have my reservations that theres a korean basketball player better than I am... :P

Formerly PacerFanInAZ Cactus Jax's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

dwight howard is immediate impact...

He is easily better than Amare Stoudemire was his rookie season...
    How can you know that??? The guy has played all high school players. I'm not sure of his height and weight, but from pictures, that I've seen of him, he looked a little skinny for his height. If they place Amare type pressure on him year 1, he's going to more than likely fold like a chair.
    "It's just unfortunate that we've been penalized so much this year and nothing has happened to the Pistons, the Palace or the city of Detroit," he said. "It's almost like it's always our fault. The league knows it. They should be ashamed of themselves to let the security be as lax as it is around here."

----------------- Reggie Miller

Trace

7'3 330 pounds and he only averaged 27 pts 10 reb per game in high school?

How competitive is Korean high school basketball? (I don't know.) Seems like a guy 7'3" should get almost every rebound at that level.

I wonder how he would have fared in a top U.S. high school program.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Agreed. 7'3" and 10 rebs per game. No thankyou. This guy was bigger than Shaq at that age and how many boards do you think Shaq would have got over there. 20?, 30? sure as hell a lot more than 10.

And another note Bender is still a project.
    All in for DG33

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

From the article it seems this guy is soft as toilet tissue. The frame this guy has you would think that he would be more aggresive on the deensive end. We need someone who could come in right away and help. We are one or two more players away from reaching the ultimate prize, a title.

2006 WORLD CHAMPION INDIANAPOLIS COLTS

Mood

Uhh guys. Smits was soft. He didn't rebound well. But I'd still take a young version of him at C. Maybe I'm crazy.

Uhh guys. Smits was soft. He didn't rebound well. But I'd still take a young version of him at C. Maybe I'm crazy.
    We could always draft him and then package him in a deal with Al, couldn't we?

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

So I guess to satisfy both sides, those who want a with an outside shot (Smits) and those who want a center who is tough (Wallace), we would need a player who could combine a little of both plus maybe some passing ability to get it to JO.

cough..Brad Miller...cough
    All in for DG33

Mood

I'm not convinced he's totally soft, but even if he is, I'll take him as a Smits to start, but I bet this coaching staff and players will encourage him to get tough and physical.

Just a note. CBS Sportsline's new mock draft has Ha going to SA the pick before us:

28. San Antonio Spurs: South Korean C Ha Seung-Jin would give Tim Duncan a playmate.

29. Indiana Pacers: Texas Tech SG Andre Emmett has been among the college game's best pure scorers for two years. As Detroit showed, the Pacers need points.
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

Mood

yeah I would almost bet we use #29 on a SG and not a Center , been looking at a couple mock drafts and both have shown we take a SG.

29. Indiana Pacers: Texas Tech SG Andre Emmett has been among the college game's best pure scorers for two years. As Detroit showed, the Pacers need points.

The Bob Knight Connection

Just to clarify, Donnie has said repeatedly that after the mid-first round, you draft purely based on talent and not on a felt need. We very well might use the #29 on a PF, SF, or PG (three positions that we have well-covered) and I wouldn't care. If you find a quality NBA player after 25, then you made a good pick.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!