Thread: The Official "Bring DJ White to the Pacers!" Bandwagon

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Thumbs up The Official "Bring DJ White to the Pacers!" Bandwagon

Who's on board?

Default Re: The Official "Bring DJ White to the Pacers!" Bandwagon

Depending on the pick, I'd be on board

NaptownSeth is all feel Naptown_Seth's Avatar

Better be 2nd round. Otherwise I'm throwing you out of the wagon while it's moving.

Great kid, better not over spend though. He was getting by with maturity more than raw talent. I like that factor, but physically he doesn't strike me as top 15 pick talented.

Of course they could have gotten Carl Landry last year too. Or do you only want impact IU players?

Quote Originally Posted by Naptown_Seth View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Better be 2nd round. Otherwise I'm throwing you out of the wagon while it's moving.

Great kid, better not over spend though. He was getting by with maturity more than raw talent. I like that factor, but physically he doesn't strike me as top 15 pick talented.

Of course they could have gotten Carl Landry last year too. Or do you only want impact IU players?
    DJ will likely go in the early-to-mid 20's, so we'll have to make a deal to get a pick around that area.

And no PUkes! It took me forever to get used to having Brad Miller on the team.

All I know is that if we don't take a PG with our first pick I will probably not get League Pass next year. Okay, I'll still get it, but I'll never watch a Pacer game if Chris Paul is playing at the same time. And I think our second pick needs to be a guard too. I don't know much about DJ, but we have plenty of forwards.

It's doesn't seem to hard to get a late 1st round pick in the draft. Teams like the Suns seem to give them away.

I think the Pacers will make moves this summer, and perhaps land another pick in the 1st round. I guess only time will time.

For now I'll just enjoy the playoff race

Quote Originally Posted by JayRedd View Post
    All I know is that if we don't take a PG with our first pick I will probably not get League Pass next year. Okay, I'll still get it, but I'll never watch a Pacer game if Chris Paul is playing at the same time. And I think our second pick needs to be a guard too. I don't know much about DJ, but we have plenty of forwards.
    Augustin looks to be the best PG on the board where we'll likely be picking, and I'd be okay with giving him a shot. He's still a bit raw, but he'd automatically be the best PG on the team, and it wouldn't even be close (with the exception of a healthy and focused JT. Maybe.).

So, in summary, the Pacers should draft DJ and...DJ.

Augustine and Collison are both no-brainers. I'd even take Lawson at 10 before drafting any non-guard.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I have always loved White.. Even if for some crazy reason his skills didn't translate well into the pros, he is still an excellent leader.. And could help out in that way..

2nd round pick, or late 1st

We need a point guard with the first pick. DJ White would be excellent for a second pick.
    "I've got an idea--an idea so smart that my head would explode if I even began to know what I'm talking about." - Peter Griffin

Anything before the 20th pick would be a dumb move. However, anything after that and I could live with bringing White on board. He's got a ton of heart and is a quality person which would be something that fan base would get behind.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

If we plan on bringing in DJ White then we must plan on trading away Ike Diogu, which would be fine by me if we can trade Ike for a lower-mid 20's first round pick.
    "I've got an idea--an idea so smart that my head would explode if I even began to know what I'm talking about." - Peter Griffin

woman without a team

When the Pacers get to their last pick and there's no one left on the board that fills a need then sure go ahead and take him. He'll put some fannies in the seats. It can't hurt as long as they draft to position needs first.

But then again after all the crap DJ's been through with his college team I don't know why he'd want to come to this team of train wrecks.

2nd round pick? The odds of DJ going in the 2nd round are as good as someone like Rose falling to us at 8-10. DJ is deceptively athletic and I feel like he could be a consistent 15 and 10 player in this league. I would have no problem picking him up anywhere around the 17-18th pick. Flame away...

The Trailblazers have been talking about dealing away some of their picks this year since they have 4 picks in the draft. They are currently slated to be picking #13.

I'm so confused. Are we supposed to draft Gordon or White? I think we should just compromise and hire Sampson instead.

While we're at it, we could hire Greenspan as GM. There's a championship move if I've ever seen one.

Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

I imagine that ATL pick headed to Phoenix could be had too. They
    aren't gonna get much use out of a developmental guy in the
    early teens.

Sports Logo

Depending on who we pick with the 1st pick would help determine who the 2nd pick that we get....whether it is a 2nd "1st round pick" or our regular 2nd round pick.

If we drafted Love or some other Big Man...it would make no sense to pick up White unless he was in the 2nd round.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

I'm in.

woman without a team

Quote Originally Posted by Kegboy View Post
    I'm so confused. Are we supposed to draft Gordon or White? I think we should just compromise and hire Sampson instead.

While we're at it, we could hire Greenspan as GM. There's a championship move if I've ever seen one.

You know, sometimes you're really quite evil.

I like it.

Draft Express has him going with the 16th pick in the second round if I am not mistaken. He should be there for our second round pick.

I believe Seattle, Memphis and New Jersey have multiple 1st round picks late in the draft. Not sure if Dj will be available late though

Quote Originally Posted by GrangerRanger View Post
    Draft Express has him going with the 16th pick in the second round if I am not mistaken. He should be there for our second round pick.

How do you figure? He was the only post presence on a ranked team all year. He put up large numbers in a big conference and he's got a great skill-set to go along with decent size and good athleticism. He shot 60% and was able to effectively handle double and triple teams all year and his 10-15 foot jump shot is money as was seen against Arkansas yesterday. He's got great heart to go along with good stamina, an ability to stay out of foul trouble, and a warriors mentality (not Ron Artest warrior). I honestly don't see where everyone thinks he will slip out of the first round. If Ike Diogu can get picked #9 overall, there's no reason to think DJ should be a 2nd round pick.
    Last edited by Coop; 03-22-2008 at 05:11 PM.

DJ White will have to adjust to the NBA game a lot. He's 6'9. He doesn't have amazing height but he does have a lot of good things on the court. At 6'9 (Magic Johnson was that size) he is a raw talent. Thats why I figure to see him going in the second round (as do mutiple other sites).

However, that does not mean he will not be a great player in the NBA. Sometimes people here (as they did with Steve Alford and Reggie Miller) over rate players from Indiana. He's great at the college game, and has a chance of being so at the NBA level. But it will take a few years to adjust to the game. He reminds a lot of Marc Jackson for some reason.

He has a build for a Small Forward or maybe a powerforward. He's only 230. Vince Carter is 6'5 and 225.

He was 230 during his junior year. I thought I remembered articles at the beginning of this year talking about how he had bumped up to 245-250. Regardless, he doesn't have amazing height, but he makes up for it with his 7 foot wingspan and an explosive vertical.

I agree he will have to adjust because he won't be able to muscle players around as much on the next level, but thats the case with any big guy in college.

I'm going to have to disagree that he is a raw talent. In his 4 years at IU, he has really improved at doing all the little things throughout the game. He has a polished post game and he is a smart player on defense. In 33 mpg he only averaged 2.5 fouls per game. He does all that while being relied on as a shot blocker and aggressive rebounder.

I understand where you're coming from about IU fans being biased towards their players, but it just doesn't add up. I've watched every game this year and I have seen nothing that shows me he isn't ready for the next level. Last summer, he played for the US in the PanAm games and was the leading scorer and rebounder while consistently going up against grown men from around the world. If I recall correctly, Hibbert was also on that team and was completely outplayed by White.

I'm not trying to say that White is going to come in and be some great NBA player, but if players like Hibbert, and Love can go in the lottery, why is DJ destined to be a 2nd round pick?