Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Conspicuous by their absense & Pacers conducting a focus group

Indy's Wild Wild West Side: 8 sec-check...Club Rio-check...Cloud 9-check

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Conspicuous by their absense & Pacers conducting a focus group

When I got the mail today, I noticed a packet from the Pacers. When I opened it, it was a sheet of peel off magnets. You know the kind where it is a sheet and the items are perferated on the sheet for you to peel off. Well anywho, the sheet had action shots of:

Travis Diener
    Kareem Rush
    Danny Granger
    Mike Dunleavy Jr.
    Boomer
    along with the "Pacers Blue & Gold Elite" logo and a placard with "Coach O'Brien Wants You To Renew"

I guess it came to my wifes immediate attention that J.O. was not in this advertisement for renewals, and they are starting to use the players again. I do understand why they didn't use Tinsley (eventhough he is a starter), Daniels, or Harrison, but I thought that J.O. was pretty clean on and off the court as far as public perception. Are we really going to move in a different direction?

Also today, I received this e-mail from the Pacers:

Dear season-ticket holder,

As a season-ticket holder with the Indiana Pacers, your opinion is important to the team. And this Friday, March 21st, the Pacers want to hear your opinion.

The Pacers would like to invite you to spend some time at Conseco Fieldhouse to talk about your experiences at Pacers games, your opinions about the future of the Pacers, and suggestions you have for the organization.

Simply put, Pacers’ management wants to know what you think of the “Pacers Experience,” and how you think it can be improved. The team is very interested in what you have to say, and we hope you will take advantage of this opportunity to let the Pacers’ management hear your voice.

And as a way to express our appreciation for your participation and willingness to offer your opinion, if you attend the meeting on the 21st, the Pacers will give you a 100 dollar gift certificate to St. Elmo’s Steakhouse. The Pacers are committed to ensuring an economically vibrant Indianapolis, and this is a small way we can help.

The gathering will be on March 21st from 3:30 to 5:00pm or 5:15 to 7:00pm at Conseco Fieldhouse. Due to very limited space, you will have to fill out a short application. We will then let you know if you were accepted to participate. Once we hear back from you we will confirm your attendance with parking information.

We look forward to hosting you on the 21st, and we’re excited to hear your opinions!

Thank you,

Joe Randazzo
    Director of Qualitative Research
    Last edited by Roaming Gnome; 03-18-2008 at 06:20 PM.
    ...Still "flying casual"
    @roaminggnome74

Default Re: Conspicuous by their absense & Pacers conducting a focus group

Quote Originally Posted by Roaming Gnome View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    When I got the mail today, I noticed a packet from the Pacers. When I opened it, it was a sheet of peel off magnets. You know the kind where it is a sheet and the items are perferated on the sheet for you to peel off. Well anywho, the sheet had action shots of:

Travis Diener
    Kareem Rush
    Danny Granger
    Mike Dunleavy Jr.
    Boomer
    along with the "Pacers Blue & Gold Elite" logo and a placard with "Coach O'Brien Wants You To Renew"

I guess it came to my wifes immediate attention that J.O. was not in this advertisement for renewals, and they are starting to use the players again. I do understand why they didn't use Tinsley (eventhough he is a starter), Daniels, or Harrison, but I thought that J.O. was pretty clean on and off the court as far as public perception. Are we really going to move in a different direction?

Also today, I received this e-mail from the Pacers:

Dear season-ticket holder,

As a season-ticket holder with the Indiana Pacers, your opinion is important to the team. And this Friday, March 21st, the Pacers want to hear your opinion.

The Pacers would like to invite you to spend some time at Conseco Fieldhouse to talk about your experiences at Pacers games, your opinions about the future of the Pacers, and suggestions you have for the organization.

Simply put, Pacers’ management wants to know what you think of the “Pacers Experience,” and how you think it can be improved. The team is very interested in what you have to say, and we hope you will take advantage of this opportunity to let the Pacers’ management hear your voice.

And as a way to express our appreciation for your participation and willingness to offer your opinion, if you attend the meeting on the 21st, the Pacers will give you a 100 dollar gift certificate to St. Elmo’s Steakhouse. The Pacers are committed to ensuring an economically vibrant Indianapolis, and this is a small way we can help.

The gathering will be on March 21st from 3:30 to 5:00pm or 5:15 to 7:00pm at Conseco Fieldhouse. Due to very limited space, you will have to fill out a short application. We will then let you know if you were accepted to participate. Once we hear back from you we will confirm your attendance with parking information.

We look forward to hosting you on the 21st, and we’re excited to hear your opinions!

Thank you,

Joe Randazzo
    Director of Qualitative Research
    Are you going? Why didn't they just show up at a Forum party?
    The best exercise of the human heart is reaching down and picking someone else up.

Sports Logo

Wow....what a Marketing department that the Pacers have.

What niche are they trying to appeal to when they came up with these "peel-away" magnetic cut-outs?

The 5 year old kids that love playing with magnetic cutouts?

or

The Soccer Moms that need magnets to hold their coupons on the fridge?
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Fat, Drunk and Stupid Lord Helmet's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    Wow....what a Marketing department that the Pacers have.

What niche are they trying to appeal to when they came up with these "peel-away" magnetic cut-outs?

The 5 year old kids that love playing with magnetic cutouts?

or

The Soccer Moms that need magnets to hold their coupons on the fridge?
    I don't even give a damn about that, I'm more interested in that Pacers Sports & Entertainment is FINALLY going to get some opinions on doing things and get some fan feedback.

Gnome, they better accept you to this thing.
    Super Bowl XLI Champions
    2000 Eastern Conference Champions

Quote Originally Posted by ABADays View Post
    Are you going? Why didn't they just show up at a Forum party?
    Well, I sent in my info, but I don't know if I've been selected to participate. If I do get to participate, I really don't know right off the top of my head of things I would suggest to improve the Conseco Fieldhouse experience. I know I have a few items like wanting stat boards for hustle and team stats. While they are at it, why not get rid of the manual out of town score boards (that can't be completely seen from most points in the arena) and expand the stat board to show steals and blocks. Yes, my one trip to the Rose Garden in Portland spoiled me because they have a stat board for about everything.

Too bad that this isn't a couple weeks down the road because Mal and myself will be at the United Center on Saturday for the Pacers game and in Detroit at the end of the month for Pistons V Cavaliers. At least I would have some direct comparisons. As it stands now, I can only go off of past trips to Salt Lake, Portland, Seattle and Vancouver for a basis to compare the Fieldhouse experience.

In the end, I just have a feeling this will turn into a large ***** session with everyone griping about the roster or "thugs" then about the experience. I just hope this isn't something that the results could be had with an on-line poll.
    Last edited by Roaming Gnome; 03-18-2008 at 06:50 PM.
    ...Still "flying casual"
    @roaminggnome74

Yeah...I'd take those magnets any day. Anyone who doesn't want those....PM me and I'll give you my address...no...seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by rexnom View Post
    Yeah...I'd take those magnets any day. Anyone who doesn't want those....PM me and I'll give you my address...no...seriously.
    Mine are already on my mini fridge....Just the guys I want to look at when it's time to get a brew..
    ...Still "flying casual"
    @roaminggnome74

Well, I sent in my info, but I don't know if I've been selected to participate. If I do get to participate, I really don't know right off the top of my head of things I would suggest to improve the Conseco Fieldhouse experience. I know I have a few items like wanting stat boards for hustle and team stats. While they are at it, why not get rid of the manual out of town score boards (that can't be completely seen from most points in the arena) and expand the stat board to show steals and blocks. Yes, my one trip to the Rose Garden in Portland spoiled me because they have a stat board for about everything.

Too bad that this isn't a couple weeks down the road because Mal and myself will be at the United Center on Saturday for the Pacers game and in Detroit at the end of the month for Pistons V Cavaliers. At least I would have some direct comparisons. As it stands now, I can only go off of past trips to Salt Lake, Portland, Seattle and Vancouver for a basis to compare the Fieldhouse experience.

In the end, I just have a feeling this will turn into a large ***** session with everyone griping about the roster or "thugs" then about the experience. I just hope this isn't something that the results could be had with an on-line poll.
    Oh - so you don't want to talk about the thugs huh? Are you sure? I was . . . well . . . hoping you would talk about the thugs. Ya Know
    The best exercise of the human heart is reaching down and picking someone else up.

Tree People to the Core! indygeezer's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Gnome

PLEASE tell them to file away the race car noises and the Defense drumbeat. Horrible horrible horrible. I didn't attend a single game for several years out of protest for those. They add nothing and only irritate, they do not serve to spur me on to cheering more. I seriously wish to choke somebody when I hear them.
    If you get to thinkin’ you’re a person of some influence, try orderin’ somebody else’s dog around..

So it looks like we finally got our 2008 slogan:

The Indiana Pacers: If you keep paying attention, we'll give you steak.

Quote Originally Posted by JayRedd View Post
    So it looks like we finally got our 2008 slogan:

The Indiana Pacers: If you keep paying attention, we'll give you steak.
    lolols

100 bucks for a steak dinner isn't too bad. If I were a season ticket holder I'd probably send in the application. And I'd keep the magnets too.
    :thepacers
    No Linking to your own site if it sells something.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Wow, I bet my dad got the same email. I'd like to go, but I don't think I'll be back in town yet.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

Wow, they're going to invite Gnome onto his soap box AND feed him steaks for it?

I'm now 100% convinced that TPTB have no clue what they're doing.
    "I'm not arguing; I'm explaining why I'm right."

woman without a team

Are you going? Why didn't they just host the next forum party at St. Elmo's?
    Fixed.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

I accidentally ripped poor Diener's head off when I was tearing them out.
    "Just look at the flowers ...."

Oh - so you don't want to talk about the thugs huh? Are you sure? I was . . . well . . . hoping you would talk about the thugs. Ya Know
    Don't worry, the city of Indianapolis will take and run with this flag. I'd rather focus my effort and time on things I really care about instead of things that will work themselves out in the wash. Trust me, all those empty seats in the Fieldhouse issue more of a statement about who is on the roster then anything that I could possibly add.

Quote Originally Posted by indygeezer
    Gnome

PLEASE tell them to file away the race car noises and the Defense drumbeat. Horrible horrible horrible. I didn't attend a single game for several years out of protest for those. They add nothing and only irritate, they do not serve to spur me on to cheering more. I seriously wish to choke somebody when I hear them.
    I do intend to let them know that they can cut back on music and effects while the ball is in play. I'm not on track with a lot of you that want dead silence ANY time the ball is in play, but every possession is too much for me. I don't if Detroit still does it, but it seemed like they only brought in the defense drums, music and effects when it was a time in the game that it could add something. I don't know...I do enjoy those little things, but not every possession. Sorry Geez.
    ...Still "flying casual"
    @roaminggnome74

Obviously, the steaks are high for Pacers management this coming year.

I thought you only put stuff on your fridge that symbolized accomplishment?

Since I've already renewed, I got a different magnet set.

Harrison. Tinsley. Marquis. Williams.

They even threw in a leftover Jackson for me.

:-)
    You're caught up in the Internet / you think it's such a great asset / but you're wrong, wrong, wrong
    All that fiber optic gear / still cannot take away the fear / like an island song

- Jimmy Buffett

Gnome, tell them if they get rid of Bird there's a good chance they'll get me back.

Of course, they'll need to get rid of Scuzzy Cotton Candy Guy, too, before Grace'll even think about it.
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

woman without a team

Quote Originally Posted by Kegboy View Post
    Gnome, tell them if they get rid of Bird there's a good chance they'll get me back.

Of course, they'll need to get rid of Scuzzy Cotton Candy Guy, too, before Grace'll even think about it.
    I can always just scream and cover my face like I did the last time I saw him. I suppose I could do that with SCCG too. (giggle, giggle, snort, snort)

None of those magnets are on E-Bay yet. There is a Dale Davis one from 1994 that is 15% off.

As for the meeting, I agree with your hustle stats being posted. The Spurs do this, but then they have that LED strip that circles the upper deck facing that they post them on at each end of the arena.

The best thing about the magnets was the one that says Renew by March 14 yet we received our set the 18th.
    You know how hippos are made out to be sweet and silly, like big cows, but are actually extremely dangerous and can kill you with stunning brutality? The Pacers are the NBA's hippos....Matt Moore CBS Sports....

Quote Originally Posted by Doug View Post
    Since I've already renewed, I got a different magnet set.

Harrison. Tinsley. Marquis. Williams.

They even threw in a leftover Jackson for me.

:-)

You evil little man!!!
    And I won't be here to see the day
    It all dries up and blows away
    I'd hang around just to see
    But they never had much use for me
    In Levelland. (James McMurtry)

Tree People to the Core! indygeezer's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Don't worry, the city of Indianapolis will take and run with this flag. I'd rather focus my effort and time on things I really care about instead of things that will work themselves out in the wash. Trust me, all those empty seats in the Fieldhouse issue more of a statement about who is on the roster then anything that I could possibly add.

I do intend to let them know that they can cut back on music and effects while the ball is in play. I'm not on track with a lot of you that want dead silence ANY time the ball is in play, but every possession is too much for me. I don't if Detroit still does it, but it seemed like they only brought in the defense drums, music and effects when it was a time in the game that it could add something. I don't know...I do enjoy those little things, but not every possession. Sorry Geez.
    Dern, my one chance to really be heard. How about a compromise? Ask them to cut out the race cars then. I'll live with the drumbeat. As for the music, I don't mind that it's the phoney stuff that rankles me. I really liked the HS and college bands they used to use even the guy that played the Hammond B3 organ was jake by me...but they lost me with the race cars.
    If you get to thinkin’ you’re a person of some influence, try orderin’ somebody else’s dog around..