Thread: Say Goodbye to Mike Brown?

sweabs

Default Say Goodbye to Mike Brown?

fg
    Last edited by sweabs; 08-08-2010 at 06:11 PM.

Default Re: Say Goodbye to Mike Brown?

If Mike were to sign with the Hawks, I believe he could have the team in the playoffs as soon as two seasons into it.

Mood

I'm not sure, but I thought I heard one of the other men interviewed for the Hawks' job was supposedly the favorite. Guess we'll find out.

I hope Mike sticks around here.

I'm not sure, but I thought I heard one of the other men interviewed for the Hawks' job was supposedly the favorite. Guess we'll find out.
    So not only do they make bad trades, they can't evaluate coaching talent? Weird.

Hopefully the "can't evaluate coaching talent" is as beneficial to us as the "make bad trades" was to Detroit.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

I really hope Mike decides that coaching the Hawks would kill his career and it makes more sense to stay here and go for the title next year.

But that's just selfish of me. We're going to lose him sooner or later, most likely sooner.

Perhaps it's better that he goes to a team like the Hawks that has a way to go to be a contender as opposed to a team we have to worry about in the very near future.
    You're caught up in the Internet / you think it's such a great asset / but you're wrong, wrong, wrong
    All that fiber optic gear / still cannot take away the fear / like an island song

- Jimmy Buffett

Hopefully the "can't evaluate coaching talent" is as beneficial to us as the "make bad trades" was to Detroit.
    No doubt. They certainly owe us one. Giving Sheed to Detroit for (basically) free has put the Hawks on my ***** list for good. We might not have won the series anyway, but I'd put money on it. Heck, we might not have even been playing them in the finals. I get more and more frustrated just sitting here thinking about it. Grrrrrrr...

I really hope that every time we play the Hawks we pound them by 40. Every...Single...Time. Maybe we can drive both of their remaining fans to root for other teams.

And another thing, anybody thing Theo Ratliff would have fit in real good at center here? Grrrrrrrrrr. I mean they basically gave away Theo and A-R for nothing.
    You're caught up in the Internet / you think it's such a great asset / but you're wrong, wrong, wrong
    All that fiber optic gear / still cannot take away the fear / like an island song

- Jimmy Buffett

Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Hey, wait a minute, I have a soft spot for the Hawks if only because they are so dissed in their own town (the selfish reason of getting to see the Pacers live at least twice a year has nothing to do with it, oh no )

I'd like to see the Hawks do well and I think, with the team under new ownership, they may not be as dead-end a job as they had been perceived to be in the past. Certainly I'd rate the job better than the Raptors job, if nothing else because the expectations are so low that it is really the perfect place for a new coach to start out.

More power to Coach Brown and hope he gets the job! I'd love to see good basketball in Atlanta again.
    BillS

"Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"
    - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh