Thread: Mark Montieth: Pacers Q&A

Default Re: Mark Montieth: Pacers Q&A

Assuming the answers are telegraphed from above, it appears the TMac rumors can go away. OTOH, ones featuring Dampier and Ray Allen could be still alive.

Of course, it could be argued the response regarding TMac was for Orlando's eyes to make them think we have other interests and put the onus on them.

-Bball
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

-John Wooden

Well, the way Mark puts it, I am beginning to like the Dampier scenario, although I am not sold on him yet.

sweabs

Well, the way Mark puts it, I am beginning to like the Dampier scenario, although I am not sold on him yet.
    He'll definitely provide some rebounding...

But he's getting older, and injuries have been a problem throughout his career.

I am very leery of acquiring Dampier for many reasons.

1) he is injury prone

2) He is very slow and that would change our style of defense.

3) I don't believe J.O and Dampier is a good combination offensively, they both like the ball in the post and that will only clog the lane more.

If Damp is willing to come off the bench, play 25, minutes per, more than Jeff, the maybe. I would rather they use AL to get a guard

1) he is injury prone

3) I don't believe J.O and Dampier is a good combination offensively, they both like the ball in the post and that will only clog the lane more.

If Damp is willing to come off the bench, play 25, minutes per, more than Jeff, the maybe. I would rather they use AL to get a guard
    Plus he has STONE HANDS!

Donnie, just say no to Dampier, and get us a top-flight shooting guard.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

sweabs

1) he is injury prone

Plus he has STONE HANDS!

Donnie, just say no to Dampier, and get us a top-flight shooting guard.
    I agree - I'd like to put a SG as our first priority. And Dampier just isn't the right fit for this team.

Offical Thread Killer TheSauceMaster's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I am not trying to be a complainer , but I really , really hate when people post the web page inside the post and especially the Indy Star . The Star only keeps articles up for 30 max and sometimes less , so if I wanted to refrence this it would be lost in the internet blackhole. That's why when I post something I post the actual acrticle in the post and have a link .

Okay I am off my soapbox now :P

I am not trying to be a complainer , but I really , really hate when people post the web page inside the post and especially the Indy Star . The Star only keeps articles up for 30 max and sometimes less , so if I wanted to refrence this it would be lost in the internet blackhole. That's why when I post something I post the actual acrticle in the post and have a link .

Okay I am off my soapbox now :P
    [color=darkred:5aa3b96352]I don't like that either, but the posted site couldn't complain about us posting it because it's their site with all their revenue ads and everything.[/color]
    -----

[color=darkred:5aa3b96352]In the following I disagree with the answer in bold.[/color]

Question: How many free agents are on the Pacers roster? When is the deadline for re-signing players? Also, who do you think will be traded or not signed? (ATY2UD from Atlanta, Ga.)

Answer: Kenny Anderson and Jamison Brewer are the Pacers' only free agents. Anthony Johnson can opt out of his contract, but it appears unlikely right now that he will do so. If you've followed our coverage in the Star, you've seen Al Harrington's name come up in a possible trade. But teams can't begin negotiating with free agents or talking about trades until July 1, and can't make any personnel moves until July 14, so it's too early to talk seriously about it. Everyone is focused on the June 24 draft at the moment.

[color=darkred:5aa3b96352]There are always trades during the college draft, so it's obvious teams are talking.

I would like to see the Pacer's make a major trade during the college draft. Other contending teams would then have to react, but we could then make last minutes additions to counter their moves.

Since Bird is now in charge maybe that will happen! <grin>[/color]

That would rock if we made our move on draft night instead of August. Plenty of fuel for the fire during the offseason.

Tree People to the Core! indygeezer's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

What is the deal with trades on Draft day??? There is some movement allowed but like our JB for AD trade it couldn't be announced for some reason or other.

What trades ARE allowed on draft day??? IS it swap of picks only or just what??
    If you get to thinkiní youíre a person of some influence, try orderiní somebody elseís dog around..

Players under contract can be traded now and up until the draft, as long as the team is finished with its season. The key is "under contract".

The rights to draft picks can also be traded prior to or during the draft, if the team had a first round pick last season.

The Bender/AD deal with Toronto was completed prior to the draft but could not be announced until July 1 when Toronto had cap space to take AD's contract. That's the way I think it was, anyway.

Announced July 1, but surely it was already rumored on the net somehow?

I remember the past couple years a lot of the trades that did happen weren't official for a while, yet pretty well known long before that.