Thread: Riley Begins Scouting Tour With Trip To See Hoosiers' Gordon

Default Riley Begins Scouting Tour With Trip To See Hoosiers' Gordon

Pat Riley’s search to bring young help to the Heat is officially underway, according to an Associated Press report.

Riley was in State College, Pa., on Sunday, watching Indiana freshman guard Eric Gordon play against Penn State. Gordon scored 26 points, but the 18th-ranked Hoosiers lost to the Nittany Lions, 68-64 in overtime.

Riley is expected in Miami on Monday night when the Heat host the Clippers

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_ar...osiers_gordon/

Looks like Riley might be looking to add Gordon.

AUSTRALIA'S NO.1 PACER FAN

Banned

Default Re: Riley Begins Scouting Tour With Trip To See Hoosiers' Gordon

I doubt he's still interested after todays stinker. 8-24. Youch.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Yeah, if Gordon wanted to get added to the Heat today did not help his chances. He played good D, but he played arguably his worst game all year offensively.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

Could have been there to see DJ as well.

Pat Riley was there, but I don't think he was there to see Gordon.

Yesterday's game just reaffirmed every belief that I have that I don't want Eric Gordon anywhere near the Pacers. DJ White on the other hand, I would welcome.
    Sometimes a player's greatest challenge is coming to grips with his role on the team. -- Scottie Pippen

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by jcouts View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Pat Riley was there, but I don't think he was there to see Gordon.

Yesterday's game just reaffirmed every belief that I have that I don't want Eric Gordon anywhere near the Pacers. DJ White on the other hand, I would welcome.
    Gordon is a freshman; White is a senior.

DJ has improved by leaps and bounds since his freshman year.

I seriously doubt Miami would be taking EJ no matter what he
    did yesterday considering they've got Wade at SG and will
    be picking at #1 thru #4. And a guy as savvy as Riley isn't
    gonna base his opinion on one game anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    Gordon is a freshman; White is a senior.

DJ has improved by leaps and bounds since his freshman year.
    All the more reason why Gordon isn't ready for the NBA and needs to stay in college another year or two. In two years, if he makes better basketball decisions, plays defense the entire game, learns to trust his teammates, isn't as soft and plays for a coach who has actually had a guard play in the NBA (Sampson has never coached a guard who has played a minute in the NBA...in fact, only 2 players he's ever coached have played in the NBA - Eduardo Najera and Ryan Humphrey), I might be open to him being on the Pacers.

I certainly agree that Miami has no need for Gordon, unless they plan on getting rid of Wade. I really really hope Riley isn't that stupid. He just shut down Wade for the rest of the year to make sure he's ready for next year. I see a need for DJ White on the Heat...I do not see a need for Eric Gordon on the Heat. Wade will be playing SG. Gordon has little in the way of court vision, or desire to pass the ball in general.

Yesterday's game: Gordon, 24 FGAs...entire rest of the team, 34 FGAs.

The pathetic thing in general was that IU's backcourt shot a combined 12 for 45. Gordon's 30% FG% was hot compared to Bassett and Crawford.

What's more interesting is that the IU frontcourt was 10-13 in FGAs.
    Sometimes a player's greatest challenge is coming to grips with his role on the team. -- Scottie Pippen

Gordon has little in the way of court vision, or desire to pass the ball in general.

The pathetic thing in general was that IU's backcourt shot a combined 12 for 45. Gordon's 30% FG% was hot compared to Bassett and Crawford.

Darn right. At this point I'm hoping that he does declare for the draft. I want guys on the IU team that understand there are four other players out there with Indiana on their jerseys.

Tree People to the Core! indygeezer's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

So, are the Heat tanking the season now?

MIAMI (AP)—Dwyane Wade’s season with the Miami Heat is over.

Heat coach Pat Riley announced Monday that Wade, the All-Star guard and 2006 NBA finals MVP who has battled left knee pain throughout the season, will not play in Miami’s final 21 games this year.

The move was expected, although its timing—with so much of the season still to play—was mildly surprising. But Wade missed Miami’s game against the Golden State Warriors on Friday because of knee stiffness, telling Riley at the time that it pained him just to get out of bed.

The next day, Wade looked strong playing in Atlanta. But with all hope of the playoffs gone, the Heat—the NBA’s worst team at 11-50—and Wade decided Monday that the time was right to give the franchise’s best player additional time to heal and rest.

As recently as last Thursday, Wade said that even though the knee is sore, he wanted to continue playing.

“I don’t want to cut my minutes back,” Wade said, when asked why he still wanted to play this season. “If it’s going to happen, it’s going to happen. And whenever that day is, if it comes, I’ll just start preparing for the summer and rehabbing. But the day is not today.”

The day came four days later.

So now, Wade will turn to therapy in hopes of getting his knee back to top form.

Later this week, he’ll undergo OssaTron treatment—a high-tech, high-powered form of shock wave therapy. The non-surgical procedure lasts about 30 minutes, and afterward, Wade will be limited to passive exercise for the first 30 days. After that, he may return to basketball-related activity.

“The knee will be hit with shock waves, electrical shock waves,” Riley said. “It’s actually a pretty painful procedure.”

OssaTron has been used to treat injuries such as plantar fasciitis and tennis elbow when other more conventional treatments fail to bring as much relief as a patient would like. Heat center Alonzo Mourning has undergone the same procedure in the past to alleviate tendinitis, Riley said.

Wade, who had surgery on his left knee and left shoulder last May, will have a long summer.

He still intends to be part of USA Basketball’s team that will compete in the Beijing Olympics in August, and the Heat will open training camp about four weeks after the games. So getting him time to rest and further rehabilitate the knee now, in Miami’s eyes, seems paramount.

Wade finishes the season averaging 24.6 points, fifth-best in the NBA.

He becomes the third Heat player who’s out for the season because of injuries, adding to a litany of roster woes in Miami. Mourning and forward Dorell Wright both suffered knee injuries and will not play the rest of the year, and guard Smush Parker will remain on the team’s inactive list because of a legal matter.

A number of other Heat players are also nicked up right now, including forward Udonis Haslem (ankle), guard Marcus Banks (hamstring) and center Earl Barron (knee).

Riley has said that he’s considering signing a player or two to a 10-day contract, but that would require a roster move, since the Heat has 15 players already in the fold.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_yl...e=lgns&print=1
    If you get to thinkin’ you’re a person of some influence, try orderin’ somebody else’s dog around..

All the more reason why Gordon isn't ready for the NBA and needs to stay in college another year or two. In two years, if he makes better basketball decisions, plays defense the entire game, learns to trust his teammates, isn't as soft and plays for a coach who has actually had a guard play in the NBA (Sampson has never coached a guard who has played a minute in the NBA...in fact, only 2 players he's ever coached have played in the NBA - Eduardo Najera and Ryan Humphrey), I might be open to him being on the Pacers.

I certainly agree that Miami has no need for Gordon, unless they plan on getting rid of Wade. I really really hope Riley isn't that stupid. He just shut down Wade for the rest of the year to make sure he's ready for next year. I see a need for DJ White on the Heat...I do not see a need for Eric Gordon on the Heat. Wade will be playing SG. Gordon has little in the way of court vision, or desire to pass the ball in general.

Oh, EJ certainly needs more seasoning, I agree with that.

But I still feel he's gonna be a stud in 2-3 years, so I want the Pacers to take him now and develop him.

As for the FG attempts, two things:

- His FG attempts have been rising since Dakich took over,
    - There is no consistent third option on the team. DJ and EJ have been carrying IU for most of the season.

And yes, geez, the Heat are tanking. I think they deserve to drop out of the top 3 for that.

Do the Heat really need to sit Wade to tank ? Seems to me that
    they're bad enough regardless.

DJ certainly should have touched the ball more, I can't argue with that. However with Ellis suspended yesterday, they needed Gordon to handle the ball even more. Gordon isn't a PG. Anyways, I think Gordon has been struggling mainly because he hasn't had a consistent coaching situation this year. He hasn't improved in the areas that you would expect a young player to get better in with a good coach.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods