Results 1 to 21 of 21

Thread: Rockets Cut Gerald Green

  1. #1
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    1,089

    Thumbs down Rockets Cut Gerald Green

    http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/...n/5603689.html

    Carl Landry is out with fluid on the knee, so they released Gerald Green to make room for another big man (Mike Harris).

  2. #2
    Go Colts! Shade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Age
    36
    Posts
    44,271

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Rockets Cut Gerald Green

    We may as well give him a shot.

    Cut Harrison and pick up Green.

  3. #3
    Member Evan_The_Dude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Indianapolis, In. via Oakland, Ca.
    Age
    33
    Posts
    3,413

    Default Re: Rockets Cut Gerald Green

    We're pretty stacked at his position, but Gerald Green has some talent. I'd like to sign him, but at the same time I think it would be a slap in the face to Stephen Graham. However if we don't plan on putting Shawne Williams back on the court, and if Kareem Rush's injury might keep him out for an extended period, we might want to take a look at Green.

  4. #4
    .
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583

    Default Re: Rockets Cut Gerald Green

    If the Rocket didn't bat an eye at cutting him, do we really want him?

    Remember when there was a debate about who would be better between him and Granger back during their draft?

  5. #5
    Get well PG! DGPR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Whiteland, IN
    Age
    28
    Posts
    2,035

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Rockets Cut Gerald Green

    Quote Originally Posted by Mal View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If the Rocket didn't bat an eye at cutting him, do we really want him?

    Remember when there was a debate about who would be better between him and Granger back during their draft?
    I remember when it was our time to pick the announcers thought we would pick Green and I was crossing my fingers hoping to hear Granger's name instead. Boy did we screw up big time picking Granger.
    "I've got an idea--an idea so smart that my head would explode if I even began to know what I'm talking about." - Peter Griffin

  6. #6

    Default Re: Rockets Cut Gerald Green

    Quote Originally Posted by DanGrangerPwrRanger View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I remember when it was our time to pick the announcers thought we would pick Green and I was crossing my fingers hoping to hear Granger's name instead. Boy did we screw up big time picking Granger.
    Mine was just the opposite lol. I wanted Green. He was a big time high school player with all the talent in the world. I knew Granger was good but I was scared about that knee. I was upset for a few days when Granger was drafted, but boy was I wrong.
    The eyes of the Granger are upon you.

  7. #7
    The Last Great Pacer BlueNGold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    15,238

    Default Re: Rockets Cut Gerald Green

    I think most people expected a lot more from Green. There must be something wrong with him mentally.

    I guess dumping Harrison and picking up Green is unlikely to be a negative...

  8. #8
    It Might Be a Soft J JayRedd's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    NYC
    Age
    33
    Posts
    12,158

    Default Re: Rockets Cut Gerald Green

    James White Part Deux.

    He's bad.

  9. #9
    Dood. Ownagedood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Franklin
    Age
    24
    Posts
    2,638

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Rockets Cut Gerald Green

    James White.. Now don't be talkin bad about him.. I thought he was a great energy player, who always provided a spark when we needed off the bench..

    I don't think we should sign him, unless they are planning to keep Williams on the bench the rest of the year.

  10. #10
    Go Colts! Shade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Age
    36
    Posts
    44,271

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Rockets Cut Gerald Green

    Word outta Houston is that they plan to re-sign Green once Landry comes back from injury.

  11. #11
    Member Swingman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Age
    33
    Posts
    726

    Default Re: Rockets Cut Gerald Green

    we should sign Green just to mess up houston's plans lol Maybe offer to trade him to Houston for one of their other players.

  12. #12
    Member Lou's WaHoosiers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Carmel, IN
    Posts
    27

    Default Re: Rockets Cut Gerald Green

    He is still very young. As long as he isn't a head case, he is worth a look. However, something tells me he is a little attitudinal. At least we would have a representative for the All-Star game, slam dunk competition that is.

  13. #13
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    South Side
    Posts
    4,177

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Rockets Cut Gerald Green

    Quote Originally Posted by Swingman View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    we should sign Green just to mess up houston's plans lol Maybe offer to trade him to Houston for one of their other players.
    On that note, I wonder if some team might claim him. A team that's out of the playoffs who wants to take a look at him for the final 20 games.

    Any team that is far enough under the cap or has a big enough trade exception (his salary was $1.441 million) and an extra roster spot can have him. Unfortunately for Pacer fans, that doesn't include them.
    UncleBuck:

    "See how stupid those fans sound complaining about the officials. That is one reason why I hate when Pacers fans complain about the refs - does not come across well at all, no matter the merit. "

  14. #14
    Rebound King Kstat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Age
    32
    Posts
    28,063

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Rockets Cut Gerald Green

    Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Word outta Houston is that they plan to re-sign Green once Landry comes back from injury.
    Even if they do, he'd be ineligible for the playoffs.


    Green is a terrible basketball player. Fantastic athlete, but terrible at the game of basketball.

    It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

    Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

  15. #15
    Member LoneGranger33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Age
    28
    Posts
    17,396

    Default Re: Rockets Cut Gerald Green

    He's only got 9 fingers.
    Something about those novedigits just doesn't seem right.

  16. #16
    Member idioteque's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    washington dc
    Age
    28
    Posts
    9,533

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Rockets Cut Gerald Green

    Quote Originally Posted by LoneGranger33 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He's only got 9 fingers.
    Something about those novedigits just doesn't seem right.
    Actually 9.25 fingers.

    Incredible that he's in the NBA, really.

  17. #17
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    30,930

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Rockets Cut Gerald Green

    Gerald Green is the poster boy for why the one year rule is in place.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  18. #18
    Rebound King Kstat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Age
    32
    Posts
    28,063

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Rockets Cut Gerald Green

    I'm not even sure college would have helped him that much. He just doesn't have any skill.

    It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

    Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

  19. #19
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    30,930

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Rockets Cut Gerald Green

    Quote Originally Posted by Kstat View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm not even sure college would have helped him that much. He just doesn't have any skill.
    I was more referencing the idea that he probably would have gotten weeded out of the first round.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  20. #20
    Member Doug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,629

    Default Re: Rockets Cut Gerald Green

    Compared to T-Mac:
    That was Gerald Green's ceiling.
    Instead, he's Bender.


    /except we gave Bender big money
    You're caught up in the Internet / you think it's such a great asset / but you're wrong, wrong, wrong
    All that fiber optic gear / still cannot take away the fear / like an island song

    - Jimmy Buffett

  21. #21

    Default Re: Rockets Cut Gerald Green

    Quote Originally Posted by Doug View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Compared to T-Mac:
    That was Gerald Green's ceiling.
    Instead, he's Bender.


    /except we gave Bender big money
    Still plenty of time for us to give Green big money

Similar Threads

  1. 03/05/2008 Game Thread 61: Pacers at Rockets
    By BostonConnection in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 207
    Last Post: 03-05-2008, 10:51 PM
  2. Rockets get Houston native Green from Wolves [ESPN]
    By RoboHicks in forum NBA Headlines (RSS Feeds)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-21-2008, 10:20 PM
  3. Gerald Green Wants Out of Minnesota
    By Kofi in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 39
    Last Post: 01-29-2008, 11:48 AM
  4. Seattle at Green Bay – NFC Divisional – 1/12/08
    By Lord Helmet in forum Indianapolis Colts
    Replies: 52
    Last Post: 01-12-2008, 06:56 PM
  5. Anyone know what is wrong with Gerald Green?
    By idioteque in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 11-19-2007, 10:34 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •