Thread: Brayton chooses Panthers/Two former Colts thinking of joining The Titans

Default Brayton chooses Panthers/Two former Colts thinking of joining The Titans

http://mvn.com/nfl-colts/2008/03/06/...-former-colts/

ESPN and the Indianapolis Star are reporting that Oakland Raiders free agent Tyler Brayton has decided to go to Carolina instead of Indianapolis. The Colts had made Brayton an offer.

It’s pretty much a moot point now, but Patrick Patterson of MVN’s Raiders Blog Thoughts from the Dark Side sent me a few quick pointers about Brayton:

His best attribute is that he has played end, tackle, and LB. (Although, I would NEVER ask him to play linebacker for you.) He is a high character, high motor guy who just never found a home in Oakland. To ask many fans, you would hear, “He sucks.” I don’t agree with that assessment, as I was sorry to see him go. He can be quality depth, in my opinion.

I appreciate the thoughts. Sounds like Brayton would’ve been a decent fit with Indy.

Now, onto some other general news. Offensive guard Jake Scott and defensive end Josh Thomas are both taking a good, hard look at the Tennessee Titans. There’s nothing particularly surprising about that; the Titans have shown a tendency over the last few seasons to snatch up players who leave the Colts. Heck, last year’s first Colts-Titans game seemed like a family reunion!

When the teams squared off, there were several Colts wearing the colors of their divisional rival, including Nick Harper, David Thornton, and Gilbert Gardner.
    Last edited by GrangerRanger; 03-06-2008 at 07:47 PM.

Default Re: Brayton chooses Panthers/Two former Colts thinking of joining The Titians

Judging from the title I thought there was a new female team in the NFL (the Titians)It's funny that alot of our guys go to Tennesee.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Brayton chooses Panthers/Two former Colts thinking of joining The Titans

they should change their name to Indianapolis Colts-South lol
    If you havin' depth problems, I feel bad for you son; I got 99 problems but a bench ain't one! - Hicks
    [/center]
    @thatguyjoe84

Mood

Default Re: Brayton chooses Panthers/Two former Colts thinking of joining The Titans

I think we are ok with DE and DT positions right now, adding the fact there will be a guy or two out there in the draft that can specifically fill our needs. I wish we could pull a guy like Colvin in for a modest fee, but the reality is slim. Best FA scenerio would be bringing in Dunn.