Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dirk Suspended One Game

Default Dirk Suspended One Game

March 5, 2008 - 5:14 pm
    RealGM Staff Report -

Dirk Nowitzki of the Dallas Mavericks has been suspended one game without pay, and his Flagrant Foul, Penalty One against Andrei Kirilenko of the Utah Jazz has been upgraded to a Flagrant Foul, Penalty Two, it was announced today by Stu Jackson, NBA Executive Vice President, Basketball Operations.

The incident occurred with 7:04 remaining in the first period of the Mavericks' 116-110 loss to the Jazz on Monday, March 3 at EnergySolutions Arena. [READ]
    http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_ar...nded_one_game/
    12/27/2005 at Spurs - SamBear - 3

1/2/2008 vs Memphis - SamBear - 19

4/9/2014 - Luis Scola also recorded a season high with 24 points and Evan Turner added 23 for Indiana.

You Did It Joseph!!!! AesopRockOn's Avatar
    Mood

Default Re: Dirk Suspended One Game

I actually would have given him a couple of games. That takedown was one of the more malicious and possibly fatal (in terms of AK47's career) flagrant ONEs I've ever seen. When is the league going to decide Dirk is not a superstar?

he gave him the Rock Bottom!!
    R.I.P. Bernic Mac & Isaac Hayes

Who are the Mavs playing that game?

Quote Originally Posted by AesopRockOn View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I actually would have given him a couple of games. That takedown was one of the more malicious and possibly fatal (in terms of AK47's career) flagrant ONEs I've ever seen. When is the league going to decide Dirk is not a superstar?
    Agreed. I saw the play... it was unbelievable that Dirk wasn't ejected immediately.

If it had been, say, Jermaine, it would have been a 5-game suspension. Easy.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Houston
    R.I.P. Bernic Mac & Isaac Hayes

Quote Originally Posted by Oneal07 View Post
    Houston
    ...conspiracy...

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I agree with you for the most part. However, I am happy that he wasn't if just because it doesn't end my fantasy season. If it had been say a 5 game suspension My play off run would of been over.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Swingman View Post
    That looked unintentional to me.

Btw, Ray Allen will probably lose a game as well for elbowing Rip in the throat tonight.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by AesopRockOn View Post
    No kidding, I mean its not like he just won the MVP award or anything. Oh wait...

That foul was not intentional at all IMO.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

Mood

I think he was trying to foul him, but not that bad. He came down on his shoulder, and they were both in the "right" position to cause AK to land like that. A nasty play, but not a dirty play.

However, the way this league NORMALLY is about punishing for the RESULT as much as the ACT, yes, he should have at least been tossed with a flagrant-2.

Yea, I thought it was a big cheap shot, he should have been tossed and given 2-3 games, in my mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Mal View Post
    However, the way this league NORMALLY is about punishing for the RESULT as much as the ACT, yes, he should have at least been tossed with a flagrant-2.
    Absolutely.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Indy View Post
    No kidding, I mean its not like he just won the MVP award or anything. Oh wait....
    No kidding, I mean it's not like people ever get awards that they don't deserve or anything. Oh wait...http://imdb.com/title/tt0120338/awards

Cheeseburger in Paradise Los Angeles's Avatar

GREATEST_MOVIE_EVAR!!!!11
    “Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.” - Winston Churchill

“If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to serve as a horrible warning.” - Catherine Aird

Sports Logo Sports Logo

I don't think it was untentional at all. Dirk is just not that coordinated, and I think he realized that he leapt too early and wanted to try to make a play on Kirilenko. No easy buckets.

And whoever said "Dirk is not a superstar" needs to get a clue. He's easily the best European player, if not the best international player, in the history of the NBA.

I think Kirilenko flopped.

Mood

Few things are more annoying than being someone who genuinely likes that movie quite a bit, while also not being a fanboy about it. You have (well, had) to deal with the teeny boppers who were only there for Leo, and then of course all the haters, contrarians, and those who merely didn't care for it but SOUNDED like haters because it was open-season on criticizing the film.

a) That was just a hard foul. Dirk wasn't trying to hurt him.

b) If a player is on the ground for awhile, that shouldn't mean an automatic ejection. That would take flopping to a whole new level. Waiting until after the game to see the seriousness of the injury is a decent compromise.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by FlavaDave View Post
    a) That was just a hard foul. Dirk wasn't trying to hurt him.

b) If a player is on the ground for awhile, that shouldn't mean an automatic ejection. That would take flopping to a whole new level. Waiting until after the game to see the seriousness of the injury is a decent compromise.

I agree, but at the same time, a flagrant-2 should definitely be ruled completely intentional. Flagrant-1 is probably appropriate here, but I don't know that he should neccessarily be suspended for it.

It didn't look intentional to me honestly. When I heard about it, I thought maybe Dirk body slammed him into the ground and then flexed over him the way people were talking about it.

It looked more unintentional to me where he maybe was just trying to hold onto something as he fell, out of instinct, not out of malice.

I see harder fouls than that in my church league.

Seriously, he went up to block the shot and came down on him wrong being off balance arm got caught and landed pulling him to the ground. It looks to me like a good flopping job but that is just me.

If he really wanted to flagrant foul him why didn't he do it instead of going to block the shot?

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Mal View Post

Few things are more annoying than being someone who genuinely likes that movie quite a bit, while also not being a fanboy about it. You have (well, had) to deal with the teeny boppers who were only there for Leo, and then of course all the haters, contrarians, and those who merely didn't care for it but SOUNDED like haters because it was open-season on criticizing the film.
    First of all, my deepest condolences to you. I had no idea you had that emergency surgery to remove your testicles. :shakeandbake:

But seriously, it won 11 Oscars and is best remembered for a Celine Dion song. And it was longer than 3 hours. There are so many more things I could list but please tell me you didn't seriously think it was a good film; I don't care if you like it, that's a separate issue.

On the subject, I think AK's still out.