Thread: Central Division Champs?

Steveman

Default Central Division Champs?

How can we possibly hang that banner and call ourselves central division champs when Detroit (central division) is eastern conference champs? To me, that's a little strange. Take that banner down and burn it, or send it to Detroit. Sorry, still not over it yet

Default Re: Central Division Champs?

Alright, who wants to form a picket line outside Conseco demanding that we remove the banner as soon as we put it up next season? And while we're at it, let's take down the Eastern Conference Champions banner since we didn't win the Finals that year. Heck, let's get rid of all the ones that recognize a team or person who didn't win us a championship. Who's with me?

:

(ossed

Steveman

Alright, who wants to form a picket line outside Conseco demanding that we remove the banner as soon as we put it up next season? And while we're at it, let's take down the Eastern Conference Champions banner since we didn't win the Finals that year. Heck, let's get rid of all the ones that recognize a team or person who didn't win us a championship. Who's with me?

:

(ossed
    Why do you want to do that? that's crazed man.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Well, I was quite happy with our 02 and 03 division banners, but then again we advanced farther than anyone else in the division.......

I'd certainly feel pretty wierd about it.

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

Detroit Pistons: 2004 Eastern Conference Champions. Its been 14 years but it was well worth the wait. When this era is over, #32 will hang from the rafters next to #3. Go Pistons.
    Who is #32? Rip Hamilton? I'm just guessing because he was running around so much I never got a chance to catch his number.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Detroit Pistons: 2004 Eastern Conference Champions. Its been 14 years but it was well worth the wait. When this era is over, #32 will hang from the rafters next to #3. Go Pistons.
    Who is #32? Rip Hamilton? I'm just guessing because he was running around so much I never got a chance to catch his number.
    #32-Richard Hamilton

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

:

(ossed
    The above response, combined with the same author writing:

How can we possibly hang that banner and call ourselves central division champs when Detroit (central division) is eastern conference champs? To me, that's a little strange. Take that banner down and burn it, or send it to Detroit. Sorry, still not over it yet
    Makes me think that before us is evidence to be added here:

http://www.pacersdigest.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3766

ed:
    The poster formerly known as Rimfire

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Hopefully only being CDC will motivate the players to go the rest of the way next time. I know i would look up there to get motivation that they could go so much further.

2006 WORLD CHAMPION INDIANAPOLIS COLTS

Why wouldn't we hang the banner? We earned it!
    The best exercise of the human heart is reaching down and picking someone else up.

Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I thought that banner should have gone up very quietly, as soon as we clinched the division. If there is some banner-raising ceremony next season, I'm not sure I'll be standng and cheering for *this* banner.

[sarcasm]Next thing you know, class basketball will move to the NBA. Next year, the Knicks, Mavericks, Kings and Blazers are all invited to play for the 'overpriced roster' championship. We wouldn't want to deny those teams and fans a chance to earn *some* banner just because their owners overspent, would we?[/sarcasm]
    Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you

:

(ossed

ed:
    Maybe I should've added [sarcarsm] - [/sarcasm] around my first post. I hope no one was taking me seriously.

I thought the "crossed fingers" part would get the meaning across.

In order to receive a Division banner, you must have the best record in your division. Guess what? We did. I say hang it up-- we earned it.

Yeah, I would hang it as well. The playoffs are a different monster entirely and its not like the Pacers didn't perform at all in the post season. There is no shame in losing when they clearly played hard and made it competitive, its no reason to forget all they did in the season.

Steveman

:

(ossed

ed:
    And before us we have two candidates for the a$$hole thread when and if it gets started. I'm just upset about the season and blew off a little steam ... Shade, one of the admins here, did it (blew off steam, upset)several times yet I see no one calling him a dope smoker, you're just an a-hole.