Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 47

Thread: Post Game thread 2/29 - Pacers win on the road against Raptors!

  1. #1
    Member CableKC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA ( 1123, 6536, 5321 )
    Age
    41
    Posts
    24,818

    Sports Logo

    Default Post Game thread 2/29 - Pacers win on the road against Raptors!

    Since no one is doing it...I figure I would. We win...without our primary Starting lineup from a season ago.

    No Granger? no problem.....

    Graham with a good game.....I don't think he got any garbage minutes this game....but I'm guessing that he'll be back to the end of the bench by our next game.

    Thoughts anyone?
    Last edited by CableKC; 02-29-2008 at 09:31 PM.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

    This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

  2. #2
    Member LoneGranger33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Age
    28
    Posts
    17,458

    Default Re: Post Game Pacer thread - Pacers win on the road!

    If we could package Ike, Shawne and Quis for someone good...

    Rush and Dunleavy making shots.
    Troy was a bit less exciting tonight, but he was there in the first half.
    Good win against a good opponent - looks like Delfino didn't get any open threes this time.

  3. #3
    Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Free Lance!
    Posts
    8,101

    Default Re: Post Game thread 2/29 - Pacers win on the road against Raptors!

    I hope JOB sees the light after this game and gives Graham some minutes.

    Murphy looked aggressive to me. Dunleavy certainly stepped up.

    I don't think we're better without Granger. This was just an example of guys getting fired up with their backs against the wall.

    I think Rush is a good ball player.
    .

    .

    .

    .


    “People talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but he’s really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.” —Larry Brown

  4. #4
    Member OnlyPacersLeft's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Age
    94
    Posts
    3,098

    Default Re: Post Game thread 2/29 - Pacers win on the road against Raptors!

    I thought quis played awesome tonight...we had so many and1's it was awesome!
    Dunleavy for the win!
    "GIMMIE DAT!"-DANGER

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    12,042

    Default Re: Post Game thread 2/29 - Pacers win on the road against Raptors!

    5

    Bosh went down in the first and that Pacers took full advantage.

  6. #6
    Member OnlyPacersLeft's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Age
    94
    Posts
    3,098

    Default Re: Post Game thread 2/29 - Pacers win on the road against Raptors!

    also i want to point out that we actually finally started going to the rim tonight! and we ended up getting to the line and making hoops. See...now isn't that better then clanking 3 after 3 after 3 after...well you know
    "GIMMIE DAT!"-DANGER

  7. #7
    Pacer Junky Will Galen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    10,049

    Default Re: Post Game Pacer thread - Pacers win on the road!

    Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Since no one is doing it...I figure I would. We win...without our primary Starting lineup from a season ago.

    No Granger? no problem.....

    Graham with a good game.....I don't think he got any garbage minutes this game....but I'm guessing that he'll be back to the end of the bench by our next game.

    Thoughts anyone?
    Everybody played well, plus we had the lead when Bosh went out and I figured we would win then. Graham did look good 16-6. He just keeps on producing so maybe O'B will give him some minutes.

  8. #8
    Member CableKC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA ( 1123, 6536, 5321 )
    Age
    41
    Posts
    24,818

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Post Game thread 2/29 - Pacers win on the road against Raptors!

    I didn't watch the game or anything...but judging from his Box Score...Murphy is starting to play within his means....he's not forcing up so many 3pt shots...and he's driving to the hoop to get to the foul line.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

    This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

  9. #9
    You Did It Joseph!!!! AesopRockOn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    honolulu
    Age
    26
    Posts
    7,881
    Mood

    Default Re: Post Game thread 2/29 - Pacers win on the road against Raptors!

    Didn't watch the game, but !

  10. #10
    Release Psycho T pwee31's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    7,171

    Default Re: Post Game thread 2/29 - Pacers win on the road against Raptors!

    I thought it was a nice outing. Bosh didn't really play, but we had plenty of players that didn't play.

    Dunleavy.. Player of the game, enough said.

    Diener ran the offense, had some nice passes and nice drives.

    Murphy continues to play well, hopefully he's turned a corner.

    Rush and Quis made some big plays in big situations.

    Graham contributes whenever he's on the floor AND plays defense... why he's not on the floor a little more often?? No clue.

    Good win! Team needs to decide rather they going to put together some wins and make the playoffs, or only show up to play every now and then.

    No more being a tweener!

    Go Pacers!!

  11. #11
    Pacer Junky Will Galen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    10,049

    Default Re: Post Game Pacer thread - Pacers win on the road!

    Quote Originally Posted by LoneGranger33 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If we could package Ike, Shawne and Quis for someone good...
    I Agree, but it's easier said than done. I know there are people on this board that think it's fairly easy to trade quantity for quality, but they need to play some fantasy basketball, then they will see even there it's not so easy.

  12. #12
    How are you here? Kegboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Northside Bias
    Posts
    12,966

    Default Re: Post Game thread 2/29 - Pacers win on the road against Raptors!

    Guess Stern did us a favor by suspending Danny.

    OTOH, he may just be trying to sabatoge our draft position. That diabolical *******.

    [edit] I have no idea why ******* isn't censored but ba$tard is.
    Last edited by Kegboy; 02-29-2008 at 09:41 PM.
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

  13. #13
    Member CableKC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA ( 1123, 6536, 5321 )
    Age
    41
    Posts
    24,818

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Post Game Pacer thread - Pacers win on the road!

    Quote Originally Posted by Will Galen View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Everybody played well, plus we had the lead when Bosh went out and I figured we would win then. Graham did look good 16-6. He just keeps on producing so maybe O'B will give him some minutes.
    I'm guessing that JO'B will come up with some reason as to why Graham doesn't ( at least ) deserves some minutes outside of the standard "garbage" minutes that he gets.....my guess is that he will look at his +/- of -5 and think that it's not good enough

    What stands out to me is the 7-7 from the FT line. Getting to the FT line and attacking the basket is something that we have to do that can help us stay in games.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

    This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

  14. #14
    Pacer Junky Will Galen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    10,049

    Default Re: Post Game thread 2/29 - Pacers win on the road against Raptors!

    Quote Originally Posted by OnlyPacersLeft View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    also i want to point out that we actually finally started going to the rim tonight! and we ended up getting to the line and making hoops. See...now isn't that better then clanking 3 after 3 after 3 after...well you know
    I think Bosh going out had something to do with that.

  15. #15
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    1,089

    Default Re: Post Game thread 2/29 - Pacers win on the road against Raptors!

    We beat a Bosh-less Toronto team, so I'm not gonna get too excited over it. It was a fun, entertaining game. Dunleavy, Rush, and Graham all played their best game of the season. which was great to see. I really like Stephen Graham. He plays with a lot of poise and seems to have great fundamentals. I think he could and should be a regular rotation guy for us. I'm still not sold on Diener, but he's been fairly impressive of late. He could end up being a Luke Ridnour level point guard. I think Luke is fairly mediocre as a starter, but he'd make a solid backup, the same for Diener.

  16. #16
    Pacer Junky Will Galen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    10,049

    Default Re: Post Game thread 2/29 - Pacers win on the road against Raptors!

    Quote Originally Posted by Kofi View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We beat a Bosh-less Toronto team, so I'm not gonna get too excited over it.
    Why not? We were without JO, Danny, Tins, and Williams.

  17. #17
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    1,089

    Default Re: Post Game thread 2/29 - Pacers win on the road against Raptors!

    Quote Originally Posted by Will Galen View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Why not? We were without JO, Danny, Tins, and Williams.
    Yes, but we also lost to Charlotte with all of those players. Anything can happen on any given night. We were feeling it tonight. It was one of those games where we shoot lights out. The same type of game we played when we beat New Orleans and Dallas early in the season.

  18. #18
    Dryey dryley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Clinton, in.
    Age
    57
    Posts
    65

    Default Re: Post Game thread 2/29 - Pacers win on the road against Raptors!

    Was Tinsley at at he game? He seems to have dropped out of sight....
    Also, I noticed when I was at the Orlando game, that when Deiner goes to the bench he generally sits with the coaches, kind of apart from the other players. Anybody else noticed this? Or have any ideas on it?
    Great game tonight from just about everybody. I thought Murph got hosed on a couple of calls...

  19. #19
    Formerly QuickRelease NapTonius Monk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    4,782

    Default Re: Post Game thread 2/29 - Pacers win on the road against Raptors!

    PACERS ARE BETTER WITHOUT GRANGER!!!!!!!!!!

  20. #20
    Member jeffg-body's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Anderson, IN
    Posts
    3,514
    Mood

    Default Re: Post Game thread 2/29 - Pacers win on the road against Raptors!

    Rush and Dun was on tonight. Seeing Rush drive by guys and go to the rim had me excited. Dun dominated the game at times and on the rare occasion he was cold, he made plays for others. Graham was good and fun to watch and don't forget Diener was effecient.

  21. #21
    Member OnlyPacersLeft's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Age
    94
    Posts
    3,098

    Default Re: Post Game thread 2/29 - Pacers win on the road against Raptors!

    what i was screaming at the whole game was TJ Ford matched up on rush most of the times down...I was like someone post rush! the double team will have to come because if not rush will J it in fords face or drive right by him!
    "GIMMIE DAT!"-DANGER

  22. #22

    Default Re: Post Game Pacer thread - Pacers win on the road!

    Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm guessing that JO'B will come up with some reason as to why Graham doesn't ( at least ) deserves some minutes outside of the standard "garbage" minutes that he gets.....my guess is that he will look at his +/- of -5 and think that it's not good enough

    What stands out to me is the 7-7 from the FT line. Getting to the FT line and attacking the basket is something that we have to do that can help us stay in games.
    In the post game JOB said: "We are so loaded at the wing position, tonight with Danny and Shawne out it opened up some minutes, nobody is really surprised at Stephen. He does that in practice all the time"

    HEY JOB: let him play the 2 position, he can shoot from the outside and drive!!!!
    "He wanted to get to that money time. Time when the hardware was on the table. That's when Roger was going to show up. So all we needed to do was stay close"
    Darnell Hillman (Speaking of former teammate Roger Brown)

  23. #23
    Member CableKC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA ( 1123, 6536, 5321 )
    Age
    41
    Posts
    24,818

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Post Game Pacer thread - Pacers win on the road!

    Quote Originally Posted by aceace View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    In the post game JOB said: "We are so loaded at the wing position, tonight with Danny and Shawne out it opened up some minutes, nobody is really surprised at Stephen. He does that in practice all the time"

    HEY JOB: let him play the 2 position, he can shoot from the outside and drive!!!!
    If he does that in practice...then why not give him more minutes during regular games?

    One minor thing.....why did Shawne get the Coach DNP tonight?

    Was he injured?

    If not...was this cuz of the incident?
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

    This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

  24. #24

    Default Re: Post Game thread 2/29 - Pacers win on the road against Raptors!

    The Pacers suspended Shawne with pay.

  25. #25
    White and Nerdy Anthem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    23,741

    Default Re: Post Game thread 2/29 - Pacers win on the road against Raptors!

    Quote Originally Posted by Kofi View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Dunleavy, Rush, and Graham all played their best game of the season.
    Graham certainly, Dunleavy probably, but what makes you say Rush played his best game?
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

    • Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

    Enjoy your time at PD!

Similar Threads

  1. 01/13/2008 Game Thread 39: Pacers at Warriors
    By BostonConnection in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 285
    Last Post: 01-13-2008, 11:45 PM
  2. 01/08/2008 Game Thread 36: Pacers at Jazz
    By BostonConnection in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 120
    Last Post: 01-08-2008, 11:38 PM
  3. Replies: 95
    Last Post: 12-14-2007, 05:12 PM
  4. 11/10/2007 Game Thread 06: Pacers vs Nuggets
    By BostonConnection in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 376
    Last Post: 11-10-2007, 09:27 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •