Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Bulls Fans: Danny Granger Is A Dirty Player (And apparently he's suspended for tonight's game)

Default Re: Bulls Fans: Danny Granger Is A Dirty Player (And apparently he's suspended for tonight's game)

Without Granger, JO, Tinsley and Williams our talent level is less than most team's second 5. It wasn't very high before losing arguably our 3 best players.

Lessee. We are up on the Raptors.

Does anyone here really believe the NBA is real?

Default Re: Bulls Fans: Danny Granger Is A Dirty Player (And apparently he's suspended for tonight's game)

That was a very nice elbow. Noc was all over Granger before so I think it was a warning elbow

Default Re: Bulls Fans: Danny Granger Is A Dirty Player

Quote Originally Posted by JayRedd View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Pretty much.

Nevertheless, it's obviously a suspendable offense when you deliberately elbow someone in the face and give them a bloody nose. Not sure why any of you would have a problem with this.
    I have a problem with it and it's NOT because I'm a Pacers fan.

Any other time a player has been suspended for such an infranction he's typically assessed with some other penalty beforehand for the infraction, i.e., a foul, flagrant foul or ejection, and the suspension soon follows. In other words, you usually see the suspension coming from the league. In this case, there was no foul called. Moreover, it happened so quickly very few even noticed it.

So, I'm wondering why suspend a player where no penalty was charged by the officials on the floor? It doesn't make any sense to me whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by JayRedd View Post
    Pretty much.

Nevertheless, it's obviously a suspendable offense when you deliberately elbow someone in the face and give them a bloody nose. Not sure why any of you would have a problem with this.
    I don't have a problem with Granger being suspended. However after watching the video, Nocioni should be suspended as well. He was shoving Granger first so if they're going to punish one, they need to punish both.

woman without a team

Quote Originally Posted by Kofi View Post
    Funny it would come out so late. I saw the Bulls fans at Real GM talking about contacting the league over it - I wonder if that could've played a part in it all?
    No, unless the league really does have a vendetta against the Pacers.

The play between the Pacers and the Bulls certainly is getting chippy. In December Tyrus Thomas and someone got into it. There were suspensions over that too.

Quote Originally Posted by NuffSaid View Post

Any other time a player has been suspended for such an infranction he's typically assessed with some other penalty beforehand for the infraction, i.e., a foul, flagrant foul or ejection, and the suspension soon follows. In other words, you usually see the suspension coming from the league. In this case, there was no foul called. Moreover, it happened so quickly very few even noticed it.
    No, it's not typical...But it's happened several times before.

Kobe got suspended for his armbar while shooting even though the call on the floor was actually a foul on Manu Ginobli. Got suspended for the same thing later in the year and I don't believe it was even called an offensive foul that time either.

Raja Bell got a game once without being called, I believe. And I know of at least one other, but can't remember who. Bruce Bowen, maybe, but not sure for what.

I'm sure Chicago notified the League office and they reviewed the tape. When you give a dude a bloody nose with a violent elbow swing they're obviously gonna give you a game. And there are several precedents for the League intervening with video technology when refs miss something on the floor.

Quote Originally Posted by NuffSaid View Post

So, I'm wondering why suspend a player where no penalty was charged by the officials on the floor? It doesn't make any sense to me whatsoever.
    The league office does do this from time to time so they aren't picking on the Pacers.

Mood

NBA enforcement is such a joke. It was a nice elbow to a player deserving of a nice "hello there" elbow.

It was also nice to see the shorthanded pacers drop one down on the Raptors. I wish it were the bulls getting dropped though.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by d_c View Post
    You shouldn't be complaining about dirty play if Nocioni plays for you.

If anything, I just wish Granger did that to Joakim Noah. That guy might be the most annoying player in the league and he's just a rookie.
    THANK YOU!

I've already had to endure a few years of watching Noah play at Florida. I just can't takes no more.

Granger's getting a bit of a nasty streak, for sure.

And that's a good thing. The Pacers haven't had a player like that (the good kind of nasty) since Reggie.

For the record:

http://www.indystar.com/apps/pbcs.dl...TS04/803010438

By Mike Wells
    mike.wells@indystar.com
    "I think (the NBA) probably got it right," Pacers coach Jim O'Brien said when asked if he agreed with the suspension.
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

Nocioni is a dirty player!!!

NBA Players nowadays are just sissies. Good hard foul. And how is Granger a dirty player? This is the 1st time I'm seeing him react in such manner
    R.I.P. Bernic Mac & Isaac Hayes

Granger is a Dirty Player.. He can't make baskets so he takes it out on other opponents... or he just hates Argentinians...
    12/27/2005 at Spurs - SamBear - 3

1/2/2008 vs Memphis - SamBear - 19

4/9/2014 - Luis Scola also recorded a season high with 24 points and Evan Turner added 23 for Indiana.

Smile Re: Bulls Fans: Danny Granger Is A Dirty Player (And apparently he's suspended for tonight's game)

Quote Originally Posted by SamBear View Post
    Granger is a Dirty Player.. He can't make baskets so he takes it out on other opponents... or he just hates Argentinians...
    I sense a day will come when you and I will go toe to toe on the subject of dirty players.

Quote Originally Posted by Mal View Post
    I sense a day will come when you and I will go toe to toe on the subject of dirty players.

Bring it on brother Mal !

12/27/2005 at Spurs - SamBear - 3

1/2/2008 vs Memphis - SamBear - 19

4/9/2014 - Luis Scola also recorded a season high with 24 points and Evan Turner added 23 for Indiana.

I'm kind of excited about this development. Danny is getting mean, kind of like Howard got mean this year. You need that if you are going to survive in the NBA.

Quote Originally Posted by SamBear View Post
    Granger is hardly a dirty player. What Nocioni was doing to him prior to the elbow would be considered assault in most states.

=Dirty Player

Mood

I say "good job Danny", Noc needed a wake up call and if it took a bloody nose to get the job done why not. Personally I'd rather seen Foster flush his as down with a big mans elbow like the Mailman did to Isaah so many years back.