Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bulls Fans: Danny Granger Is A Dirty Player (And apparently he's suspended for tonight's game)

Banned

Default Bulls Fans: Danny Granger Is A Dirty Player (And apparently he's suspended for tonight's game)

There are two threads over on the Real GM Bulls board pertaining to an elbow that Granger gave Andres Noccioni during Wednesday night's game.

One member even posted video of it, which I've uploaded to DailyMotion (because YouTube isn't working)...

So what do you think?

Knowing Nocioni's history, I'm willing to give Granger the benefit of the doubt and conclude that Andres was doing something to provoke it. Maybe it's wrong, but I kind of like this nasty streak Granger seems to be developing. A bit of a swagger is never a bad thing.
    Last edited by Kofi; 02-29-2008 at 01:15 PM.

woman without a team

Default Re: Bulls Fans: Danny Granger Is Dirty

Considering it was against Noc I'd say Danny was giving as good as he was getting.

Banned

The elbow is at the 7 second mark. The video quality was lowered significantly and shrunk in size by DailyMotion, so it may be hard to see.

I can't really tell by that video. In general I have no problem with an occasional elbow being thrown.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I love how the whole Bulls bench gets into it, boo ****ing hoo.

Basketball is a physical sport (even though physicality has unfortunately declined) and I have to say that in my glorious years of playing 5th-9th grade basketball, I threw a couple of accidental elbows but no one ever called me "dirty." My point is Danny has absolutely no history with this sort of thing and the whole thing was probably just accidental.

And if Nocioni has any history with provoking this behavior (which you inferred) then really, whose fault do you think it is? That's like if someone with a history of battery or assault gets in the face of Joe Public and tries to steal his wallet, and Joe Public hits the guy in the face to defend himself. You aren't going to blame Joe in that situation.

The Bulls are pretty close to as bad as we are and they have some actual talent on their team and should be way better, so I can understand their fans and players getting pissy.

Good stuff.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Bulls Fans: Danny Granger Is A Dirty Player

It's really hard to tell from that video.

Now, had this been against Noah, I'd have encouraged it.

I watched the game, and are we sure that elbow wasn't in retaliation for someone hitting DG in the eye. He seemed just a little po'd at the time.

Way to go Danny!!!

I wish everyone on our roster would throw some more elbows...actually, everyone in the league could use some more physical play, the way games are reffed now is lame.

Banned

http://www.mediafire.com/?1wy9mjxjpb3

There's the full, high quality video. (12.3 megabytes)

So, when are they going to issue skirts as part of the Bulls unis?

Nocioni gave Granger a hard shove to the back as he came out and around traffic on the left side off a baseline screen. If you watch real close, you see Granger's body jerk just as he gets on the left-high side of the paint. Granger just gives him a quick elbow that the refs don't catch. No pretense about it! Danny popped him a good 'on.

Way to go, Danny!
    Last edited by NuffSaid; 02-29-2008 at 02:07 PM.

That was a very physical game on both ends.

We are watching Danny turn in to a superstar with our own eyes right now and the teams we are playing see it too. I've seen a lot of stuff happening to try and get in to Danny's head, but he's having none of it. I like that he gave Noc a little shot of his own medicine there, that's exactly the type of thing Reggie would do when teams tried to knock him down a peg (or when he was trying to knock somebody down a peg).

Only thing that could have made that better would have been if Granger could have hit the wide-open three.

That wasn't a dirty play.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Only thing that could have made that better would have been if Granger could have hit the wide-open three.

That wasn't a dirty play.
    Maybe he would have if he got the ball.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by NuffSaid View Post
    Nocioni gave Granger a hard shove to the back as he came out and around traffic on the left side off a baseline screen. If you watch real close, you see Granger's body jerk just as he gets on the left-high side of the paint. Granger just gives him a quick elbow that the refs don't catch. No pretense about it! Danny popped him a good 'on.

Way to go, Danny!
    Now that I've seen the high-quality feed, I agree. Noc instigated it by shoving Danny in the back, and he reaped what he sowed.

Mood

He definitely got'em, but I can't tell if it was malicious. If it was, well, I need to reflect on how I feel about that. If it wasn't, then get over it, Bulls and fans.

Mood

OK, now I saw the high-quality feed. Clearly malicious, but I now see the shove he'd just gotten in his back, too.

I may feel differently as I think about it more, but right now I think I'm OK with a rare reaction. Just please don't start doing it more often, and please don't become a Bruce Bowen clone. I don't think I could root for him then.

I see nothing wrong with it. Nocioni is a dirty (and overrated, I might add) player and simply got what he was asking for. I applaud Danny for doing it immediately after he got mauled and not thinking twice about it.

streets ahead

isn't this like us complaining about someone kicking out his legs out trying to draw a foul when shooting a 3?
    This is the darkest timeline.

Banned

See, Tins, Jackson, JO, Williams have rubbed off onto Danny. Gotta get rid of all of these thugs.

The NBA has suspended Danny for tonight's game. Williams is suspended by the Pacers. We might see Graham get some prime time tonight.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Cherokee View Post
    The NBA has suspended Danny for tonight's game.
    Link?

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Mal View Post
    Link?
    Oh God damn it; I found it myself:

http://www.nba.com/pacers/news/grang...ed_080229.html

Good grief.

Default Re: Bulls Fans: Danny Granger Is A Dirty Player (And apparently he's suspended for tonight's game)

For the first time in 171 Pacers games we won't have Danny Granger.