Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 27

Thread: Colts release Booger

  1. #1
    Member jeffg-body's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Anderson, IN
    Posts
    3,426
    Mood

    Default Colts release Booger

    Did anyone else hear that Booger McFarland has been released along with Rob Morris?

    If so, can anyone else see this headline? "The booger has been picked from Indy's nose"

  2. #2
    Member Moses's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Athens, GA
    Posts
    3,565

    Default Re: Colts release Booger

    Colts released DT Anthony "Booger" McFarland and LB Rob Morris.
    Both failed physicals. McFarland tore his patellar tendon last August and would've been a question mark for Week 1, let alone camp. The Colts cleared $6.85 million in cap room by releasing him. It's uncertain if Booger is capable of making an impact again. Morris is rehabbing a torn ACL. He could return for less money in 2008, but at 33 isn't a sure bet to find a taker.
    http://www.rotoworld.com/content/pla...=113131&id=311

  3. #3
    Fat, Drunk and Stupid Lord Helmet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Richmond, IN
    Age
    24
    Posts
    15,576

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Colts release Booger

    I'm upset we let go of McFarland, but I am pissed we let go of Rob.
    Super Bowl XLI Champions
    2000 Eastern Conference Champions





  4. #4
    - .-- ... ... Natston's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Timbuktupolis, IN
    Age
    30
    Posts
    8,236
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Colts release Booger

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Helmet View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm upset we let go of McFarland, but I am pissed we let go of Rob.
    $$$

  5. #5
    Our hero! GrangerRanger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    Age
    29
    Posts
    951

    Default Re: Colts release Booger

    Words can not describe how pissed I am. Booger won us that championship.

  6. #6
    Boom Baby'er ABADays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    The Coliseum
    Posts
    6,248

    Default Re: Colts release Booger

    What was the point with his salary cap hit?
    The best exercise of the human heart is reaching down and picking someone else up.

  7. #7
    Never Give Up aero's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    2,343
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Colts release Booger

    Quote Originally Posted by GrangerRanger View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Words can not describe how pissed I am. Booger won us that championship.
    he may have had a small part in that but i think Peyton,Marvin,Reggie,Freeney,Sanders..etc won us that championship.
    If you havin' depth problems, I feel bad for you son; I got 99 problems but a bench ain't one! - Hicks
    [/center]
    @thatguyjoe84

  8. #8
    flexible and robust SoupIsGood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Lappy Go Hucky
    Age
    26
    Posts
    17,540

    Default Re: Colts release Booger

    Man, it would have been nice to see both come back. But it looks like they weren't going to be the same.

    ...and we now have like 6 million in cap room. We won't, but I wish we'd make a run at a decent passrusher like Smith or Colvin. Or hell, even went and got Crumpler.
    You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

  9. #9
    Our hero! GrangerRanger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    Age
    29
    Posts
    951

    Default Re: Colts release Booger

    Hm..A seven year contract for Randy Moss at 42 million?

  10. #10
    flexible and robust SoupIsGood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Lappy Go Hucky
    Age
    26
    Posts
    17,540

    Default Re: Colts release Booger

    Who wants to bet the Titans are already on the phone talking to these guys?
    You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

  11. #11
    Fat, Drunk and Stupid Lord Helmet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Richmond, IN
    Age
    24
    Posts
    15,576

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Colts release Booger

    Quote Originally Posted by SoupIsGood View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Who wants to bet the Titans are already on the phone talking to these guys?
    LMAO. Great thinking.

    They'll be signed in the next two weeks by the Titans. LMAO.
    Super Bowl XLI Champions
    2000 Eastern Conference Champions





  12. #12
    Member Moses's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Athens, GA
    Posts
    3,565

    Default Re: Colts release Booger

    Quote Originally Posted by SoupIsGood View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Who wants to bet the Titans are already on the phone talking to these guys?
    Maybe for Booger..but the Pats are definitely going after Rob Morris. They really covert slow white LBs in their mid 30s.

  13. #13
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    6,316

    Default Re: Colts release Booger

    Quote Originally Posted by Moses View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Maybe for Booger..but the Pats are definitely going after Rob Morris. They really covert slow white LBs in their mid 30s.
    Actually you're wrong on being slow. Morris is quick and his problem before settling down the previous year was over running the play. I suspect he will be back with the Colts at a lower price tag.
    You know how hippos are made out to be sweet and silly, like big cows, but are actually extremely dangerous and can kill you with stunning brutality? The Pacers are the NBA's hippos....Matt Moore CBS Sports....

  14. #14

    Default Re: Colts release Booger

    Quote Originally Posted by RWB View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Actually you're wrong on being slow. Morris is quick and his problem before settling down the previous year was over running the play. I suspect he will be back with the Colts at a lower price tag.

    Yeah I figure he will be back. Booger wasn't worth the 6 mil or so price tag. We got a couple of great draft picks last year, so I'm satisfied with what we have at DT. We DO need to get some DEs. I wonder if we'll re-sign Thomas
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

  15. #15
    Member Erik's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Age
    40
    Posts
    727

    Default Re: Colts release Booger

    Quote Originally Posted by GrangerRanger View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hm..A seven year contract for Randy Moss at 42 million?
    Nah, that guy chokes under pressure.

  16. #16
    flexible and robust SoupIsGood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Lappy Go Hucky
    Age
    26
    Posts
    17,540

    Default Re: Colts release Booger

    Quote Originally Posted by RWB View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Actually you're wrong on being slow. Morris is quick and his problem before settling down the previous year was over running the play. I suspect he will be back with the Colts at a lower price tag.
    I dunno... we weren't really paying him very much. 1.1 mil, I think I think Rob is gone. Probably Booger, too, but it'd be nice for him to come back on the cheap. But I don't see why we'd cut Rob if we were still at all interested.
    You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

  17. #17

    Default Re: Colts release Booger

    How far are we under the cap? About 10 mil now?
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

  18. #18
    Go Colts! Shade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Age
    36
    Posts
    44,230

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Colts release Booger

    Quote Originally Posted by aero View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    he may have had a small part in that but i think Peyton,Marvin,Reggie,Freeney,Sanders..etc won us that championship.
    *coughrhodescough*

  19. #19
    Go Colts! Shade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Age
    36
    Posts
    44,230

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Colts release Booger

    I am rather surprised to see these guys let go, though. I guess the Colts just figured there was too much injury risk to keep them around.

  20. #20
    .
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583

    Default Re: Colts release Booger

    Seems questionable, but then we also seem to be good at letting go of players at just the right time (as opposed to another Indy franchise....), and I'll assume it was the right move until if/when it looks bad.

  21. #21
    Our hero! GrangerRanger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    Age
    29
    Posts
    951

    Default Re: Colts release Booger

    Good read.

    http://colts.com/sub.cfm?page=articl...d-8d1f80ea7f19
    Thursday, February 28
    TOUGH DECISIONS
    By John Oehser - Colts.com

    Morris, McFarland Releases Difficult, Polian and Dungy Say
    INDIANAPOLIS - Rob Morris and Anthony “Booger” McFarland were this year's victims of one of the NFL’s most painful times.

    Still, their Colts careers aren’t necessarily over.

    Morris, an eight-year veteran outside linebacker, and McFarland – a nine-year veteran defensive tackle – were each released by the Colts on Wednesday, moves Colts President Bill Polian and Head Coach Tony Dungy each described Thursday as painful and difficult.

    But Polian said the moves don’t mean neither will play for the Colts again.

    “I think there’s a real possibility that we’re going to revisit that,” Polian said Thursday afternoon, a day before the opening of the NFL’s league year and its free-agency period, which begins Friday at 12:01 a.m.

    “I think a lot depends on what happens financially in the marketplace with respect to both us and them. We’ll see where it goes. It’s certainly something we’ll revisit at the appropriate time, which is down the road, after the dust of this next couple of weeks settles.”

    McFarland and Morris were each critical to the Colts’ run to a Super Bowl title following the 2006 season. Each missed significant time last season with knee injuries.

    “It’s very, very hard to deal with, because they’re both really good guys,” Dungy said. “They’re both, I think, still able to play and both have made such contributions, so you’re just trying to balance it out. You’re trying to do what’s best for the team. It’s one of those inevitable things, but it’s not that’s pleasant at all or fun. . . .

    “You’ve got guys who are so hard-working and been so good for you, but you have to look at what’s best for this 2008 team.”

    McFarland, acquired from Tampa Bay in October 2006 in exchange for a second-round selection in the 2007 NFL Draft, started 11 regular-season games for the Colts in 2006. He was key to the team’s defensive postseason resurgence that season, starting all four postseason games, including the Colts’ 29-17 victory over Chicago in Super Bowl XLI, and had 12 postseason tackles, nine solos, and two sacks.

    He entered training camp this past season as a starter, but sustained a knee injury early in camp and was placed on injured reserve shortly thereafter. He did not play a snap this past season.

    Morris, the 28th overall selection by the Colts in 2000, started at
    middle linebacker from 2001-2004, then played a key role on special teams and as a backup linebacker in 2005. He returned to the starting lineup at strong-side linebacker in place of Gilbert Gardner for the last three 2006 regular-season games.

    He then started all four games in the postseason. He began this past season as a starter at outside linebacker, starting two games before sustaining a season-ending knee injury against Denver on September 30.

    “It’s very difficult,” Polian said of the releases. “It’s the hardest thing I have to do in this business, is say goodbye to people – even if it’s only temporary – that are really good people and people who have given you a lot. It’s difficult. It’s not easy, but as I’ve said many times, you have to separate the personal from the professional. You have to do what you’re required to do professionally.

    “Would I like the old system, where you brought everybody to camp and then the best 53 guys make the team? Yes, but it’s not in the cards and we wouldn’t have won a World Championship with that system in free agency.

    “You take the good with the bad.”

    Polian also said Thursday the Colts are unlikely to figure prominently in the early stages of free agency.

    The Colts recently re-signed tight end Dallas Clark, guard Ryan Lilja and safety Bob Sanders to long-term contracts, moves Polian said represent the majority of the team’s free-agent activity this off-season.

    Of the four starters from last season whose contracts expired after last season, only offensive guard Jake Scott remains unsigned. Polian said during this past weekend’s NFL Scouting Combine that although Scott would be welcome back to the Colts with “open arms,” he said he expects Scott to test free agency.

    Other Colts players scheduled to become unrestricted free agents include defensive end Josh Thomas, defensive tackle Dan Klecko, wide receiver Aaron Moorehead and linebacker Rocky Boiman. Restricted free agents include safety Matt Giordano, tight end Ben Utecht, tight end Bryan Fletcher, defensive end Darrell Reid and offensive guard Dylan Gandy.

    “We won’t be ignoring free agency,” Polian said. “We’ll see what interests us, but we’re not going to be out-of-the-box, $80-million players right off the bat. Probably not ever with those kinds of dollars. We’ll be keeping a weather eye on it, but it’s principally draft preparation now.”

  22. #22

    Default Re: Colts release Booger

    Quote Originally Posted by GrangerRanger View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hm..A seven year contract for Randy Moss at 42 million?
    Wishful thinking, but if we were smart, wed make a move for him. I dont care how bad the salary cap hit.

    I was surprised with Rob and McFarland being let go. Who knows, if Marvin can't be health, maybe they will cut him too.

    I wonder though. Do McFarland and and Morris have an option to try out for the vet minimum, od do you think Tenssee and Jacksonville will go Colts shopping again this year?

  23. #23
    The Pac-Attack CompACE's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    387
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Colts release Booger

    Quote Originally Posted by Mal View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Seems questionable, but then we also seem to be good at letting go of players at just the right time (as opposed to another Indy franchise....), and I'll assume it was the right move until if/when it looks bad.

    I hear ya there - The Indiana Ice are terrible at releasing hockey players passed their prime. lol

  24. #24
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    12,042

    Default Re: Colts release Booger

    Booger is a funny name

  25. #25
    Banned Jonathan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    1,833

    Default Re: Colts release Booger

    Booger signed with the Steelers. I wish him the best of luck, but hate to see him go to a team that might face us in the playoffs.

Similar Threads

  1. Colts franchise tag Clark
    By Lord Helmet in forum Indianapolis Colts
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 02-20-2008, 06:21 PM
  2. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 01-20-2008, 02:24 AM
  3. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-05-2008, 01:10 AM
  4. ESPN's Michael Smith: Colt's staff best in '07
    By McClintic Sphere in forum Indianapolis Colts
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-20-2007, 09:54 AM
  5. Kravitz: Colts players go out also, I'm shocked
    By Unclebuck in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 44
    Last Post: 12-19-2007, 11:37 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •