Thread: Ask the Pacers} Question for Jeff Foster.

Default Ask the Pacers} Question for Jeff Foster.

There were quite a few comments before the trade deadline about Foster going somewhere else. He doesn't want to go elsewhere.

http://www.nba.com/pacers/news/ask_the_pacers_v2.html

Question for Jeff Foster | Feb. 22, 2008

Q. I am a huge fan of your blue-collar work in the NBA. And you have become my favorite Pacer player since the time that Dale Davis played on the team – the key word is team. It takes all players to make up a good team and knowing what each player is supposed to bring to the table. You definitely know what you’re supposed to bring to the table and I applaud you for this. Enough of the praise and on to the question. Would you feel satisfied spending your entire career in Indiana even if it meant that you would not achieve the goal of obtaining a championship, like Reggie Miller? I ask this because in the current state of the Pacers, it does not look like they will achieve that level within the amount of time that you might have left in the tank. (From Wade in Indianapolis)

A. Obviously, it's every player's goal to win a championship and recently we've fallen on I guess you'd say harder times than we've had in the past, but I have no intention as long as I have anything to do with it of leaving this organization. It's my goal, if we can get back to championship form before I'm done to do that. If not, it's to help in any way possible to get it back to where, some day in the near future, we can compete for a championship again.

Default Re: Ask the Pacers} Question for Jeff Foster.

man i'm really starting to like jeff more and more every day. I see him out there trying to lead more then anyone. And the game where i saw him say "Get loud" to the fans during a key free throw being shot it just made me smile. I'll take a thousand jeff fosters over a thousand LBJ's any day.
    "GIMMIE DAT!"-DANGER

Fat, Drunk and Stupid Lord Helmet's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I was one thinking we should try to be nice and get Jeff to a contending team sometime soon, but if he doesn't want to leave Indiana, then I don't want to have any part in trading this guy.

He is a keeper and trying his best to be the best leader on the court he can be.

Don't trade Jeff.
    Super Bowl XLI Champions
    2000 Eastern Conference Champions

Very classy comments there by Jeff, although he really does deserve to be in championship contention for all the hard work he puts out. I just hope before he slows down and loses that energy (if he ever does), this team can rise to title status (I have my doubts, but it's surely not impossible) so his hard work will have paid off.

Foster = da man

Mood

That's it. I've flirted with it forever, but as soon as the $ is there I'm finally doing it: I'm grabbing a #10 jersey.

This wasn't a monumental moment, but it was the..... let's say the happy straw that broke the back of a camel who is happy to have his back broken..... yeah.....

Quote Originally Posted by Mal View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That's it. I've flirted with it forever, but as soon as the $ is there I'm finally doing it: I'm grabbing a #10 jersey.

This wasn't a monumental moment, but it was the..... let's say the happy straw that broke the back of a camel who is happy to have his back broken..... yeah.....
    Jabbar Gaffney?

Good call.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDoddage View Post
    Very classy comments there by Jeff, although he really does deserve to be in championship contention for all the hard work he puts out.
    I'm not trying to be smart here, but why does he deserve to be in championship contention because he works hard? Isn't every player supposed to work hard?

Myself I would say he deserves to be in championship contention because he plays on the team I like and I like him! (grin)

Will

I think you know that the point was... he's a Pacer that plays the right way, it would nice that "one of the good guys" gets a ring before his days are done.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Galen View Post
    I'm not trying to be smart here, but why does he deserve to be in championship contention because he works hard? Isn't every player supposed to work hard?
    But... do you see many players in the league play as hard as Foster, who's playing on a team who's short-term future isn't very bright? The way I see it, "karmically" speaking, the stuff Foster does should be rewarded.

Sports Logo

I'm with you there....but I'm gonna hope that we resign him after the 2009-2010 season. I want to get a Dunleavy Jersey for my Son first before I get a Foster jersey.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Good Job Larry! Indianapolis_girly's Avatar

The guy plays his heart out on the court.
    Classy guy off the court. What's not to like about Jeff Foster? Besides the fact that he's freakishly tall in person.

Some people want it to happen, some
    wish it would happen, & others make it happen.
    ..Michael Jordan.

Pressure is something you feel when
    you don't know what the hell you're
    doing.
    ..Peyton Manning.

NaptownSeth is all feel Naptown_Seth's Avatar

I was in the same attitude during the home game vs NJ. I was thinking why did I only get the 33, I love Jeff's game and as long as I'm jinxing guys shouldn't I go ahead and ruin things for my favorite player too?

He was one of the guys I mentioned in the "I don't want a trade" thread. I'd love for him to be a lifer Pacer. Even as it stands now he's going to be very fondly remembered by fans. Remember that game 2 in Detroit in Reggie's final season?

When I first saw the question to Jeff on the Pacers website and started reading it, I was sure that my 12 year old daughter had posted it. She loves the guy, and through her, I have really come to like him and his game as well. When we go to the games, she always tries to bring her "Jeff Foster Rocks" (or equivalent) sign with her. She doesn't expect him or any other athlete to be a role model for her, but rather, she can appreciate the way Foster conducts himself on and off the court. Sometimes we are lucky enough to get tickets in the lower level, a few rows behind the Pacers bench. She is on cloud nine when she sees Jeff make eye contact with her. He definitely appreciates the fan support.

When we got home from the Nets game Friday, a couple of friends called and left a message to let us know that my daughter and her Foster sign were on the FSN telecast that night. Wish I would have taped that game! Alas, we did not.