Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A Blog Danny Granger May Want to Read

Default A Blog Danny Granger May Want to Read

Informative and funny. It's edutainment.

http://stuffwhitepeoplelike.wordpress.com/

A sample:

#24 Wine

When a white person offers you wine, you take a small sip and then say “ooh, that’s nice. What country is it from?” then they will say the name of the country and you say “I love wines from that country, I would love to get a villa in the wine region there.” White people will nod in agreement as they all want to have a second home in a wine region like Napa, Tuscany or Santa Barbara.

It is also a good idea to say that your favorite wine is from a small winery called [make up name like ‘Spotswood,’ ‘Red Duck,’ Random Spanish name] in [Australia, Argentina, France, California, or Chile] that is hard to get in whatever country you are in. White people will be impressed that they have not heard of this wine and consider you to be a very smart person. They will also make a note to try to find that wine, and when they can’t find it, your status will rise even higher.
    Another:

#35 The Daily Show/Colbert Report

The Daily Show also features guests like John McCain, writers, policy analysts, and actors. It is comforting for white people to see boring celebrities get interviewed in a funny fashion. It fills their need to do something productive, but also not work that hard at it.

Take note that Tuesday through Friday during the working week, you can break ALL awkward silences with white people by saying “did you see the Daily Show/Colbert Report last night?” At which point they will start talking until it’s time for you to move on to more interesting activities.
    And yeah:

#27 Marathons

If you find yourself in a situation where a white person is talking about a marathon, you must be impressed or you will lose favor with them immediately. Running for a certain length of time on a specific day is a very important thing to a white person and should not be demeaned.

Also worth nothing, more competitive white people prefer triathlons because Kenyans can’t afford $10,000 specialty bicycles. If the subject ever comes up, just say that triathletes are in better shape than football and basketball players. It’s not true, but it will make the conversation a lot more genial.
    Last edited by JayRedd; 02-22-2008 at 12:32 AM.

Default Re: A Blog Danny Granger May Want to Read

hey there, breezy....why would granger want to read it?

maybe it's late and/or I'm dumb, but I would think it would be more for the resident pothead, or maybe Murphy, who has that glazed donut look on his face most of the time....

RESIDENT COUNTING THREAD PHILOSOPHIZER

He starts in a lineup with four white guys. And there are many handy tips on easy ways to interact with our kind.

Here's one that also relates:

#4 Assists

When you say the word “assist,” first thing you think about is Steve Nash and Wayne Gretzky. White people love to pass, it’s no secret.

In basketball, it’s kind of a must so that white guys can carve out a niche and guarantee acceptance on a team. Trying to be a white guy who dunks and stuff is like trying to be a white rapper - yeah, there are a few, but you have to work twice as hard for half the results.

One explanation is that white people still feel guilty over slavery, colonialism, and the crusades so passing is a way to make up for it. But more importantly, it makes them feel good to help others.

I'm offended by the URL and the concept. I'm just not a fan of people who try to speak for a race like we're all sheep.

I've been going to this blog for a while too. While it doesn't apply to all white people, it reminds me of people I know, which makes it funny.

It's obviously satire and points out some ridiculous aspects of the way some white people act. I don't think it's intention is to be offensive.
    WE ARE NOT GETTING ERIC GORDON

I am white and it is all true...me being white. The rest is racist propaganda, JayRedd should be banned for this kind of intolerance

Yeah...this is fantastic...still, let's take JayRedd's pants for good measure.

Can't we all just get along?
    And I won't be here to see the day
    It all dries up and blows away
    I'd hang around just to see
    But they never had much use for me
    In Levelland. (James McMurtry)

Quote Originally Posted by Aw Heck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I've been going to this blog for a while too. While it doesn't apply to all black people, it reminds me of black people I know, which makes it funny.

It's obviously satire and points out some ridiculous aspects of the way some black people act. I don't think it's intention is to be offensive.
    Sound any different to you now?

Cheeseburger in Paradise Los Angeles's Avatar

Meh. Not funny to me.

If I posted a blog affecting the tone "how to get along with black people", and referenced the projects and fried chicken or "how to get along with asians" and talked about math class and emotionless parents, would anyone think it was funny?

See what I mean? Dollars to donuts SOMEONE is going to be offended by that paragraph, even when I was just trying to make a point.
    “Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.” - Winston Churchill

“If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to serve as a horrible warning.” - Catherine Aird

Quote Originally Posted by Mal View Post
    Sound any different to you now?
    Comedians have been pointing out the ridiculous aspects of ALL races for a long time. This is really nothing new. If someone made a similar blog about black people, it probably would have the same content as shows such as Chappelle's Show, the Boondocks, etc. It wouldn't exactly being covering ground that hasn't been covered before by comedians like Richard Pryor, Dave Chappelle, Chris Rock, etc. I think blonde jokes and Jeff Foxworthy's redneck jokes fall into a similar category; they're not race-related, but they're picking on a particular group of people and pointing out funny things.

But if that type of humor is not your cup of tea, that's fine. I'm not going to tell you what you should think is funny or offensive.
    Last edited by Aw Heck; 02-22-2008 at 01:58 PM.

All I have to say is I was never much for wine, the daily show or marathons.

Although that line about the Kenyans cracked me up.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Aw Heck View Post
    Comedians have been pointing out the ridiculous aspects of ALL races for a long time. This is really nothing new. If someone made a similar blog about black people, it probably would have the same content as shows such as Chappelle's Show, the Boondocks, etc. It wouldn't exactly being covering ground that hasn't been covered before by comedians like Richard Pryor, Dave Chappelle, Chris Rock, etc. I think blonde jokes and Jeff Foxworthy's redneck jokes fall into a similar category; they're not race-related, but they're picking on a particular group of people and pointing out funny things.

But if that type of humor is not your cup of tea, that's fine. I'm not going to tell you what you should think is funny or offensive.
    Notice how in all your examples it was a person of the same race cracking jokes about their own race?

If I did stand-up comedy and used the exact same jokes that Dave Chappelle wrote, and no one knew it was by him, what do you think the reaction would be?

streets ahead

Quote Originally Posted by Since86 View Post
    Notice how in all your examples it was a person of the same race cracking jokes about their own race?

If I did stand-up comedy and used the exact same jokes that Dave Chappelle wrote, and no one knew it was by him, what do you think the reaction would be?
    howard wolfson would call you out for plagiarising?
    This is the darkest timeline.

Danny grew up Jehovah Witness. It could be argue that Bird is trying to find a cast of white players to make Danny feel comfortable.
    "They could turn out to be only innocent mathematicians, I suppose," muttered Woevre's section officer, de Decker.

"'Only.'" Woevre was amused. "Someday you'll explain to me how that's possible. Seeing that, on the face of it, all mathematics leads, doesn't it, sooner or later, to some kind of human suffering."

A lot of sensitive white people around here.

Yall should really enjoy this one then:

www.blackpeopleloveus.com

sweabs

Quote Originally Posted by JayRedd View Post

Oh, an oldie but a classic.

And I enjoyed the first link you gave. Oopsie!

Quote Originally Posted by Since86 View Post
    How do you know the blog wasn't made by a white person?

You actually probably could get away with telling Dave Chappelle's jokes. It probably wouldn't work as well, but you could. Use the n-word and you're not getting away with anything though.

Chris rock is funny. He has great delivery and presents his commentary with a laugh. He could be reading Mein Kampf and it would be funny.

That site isn't funny to me because I don't find it very insightful, and the delivery is longwinded and over-worked. Plus, so many of the things on that blog I can't relate to at all. I think they are just making fun of middle class married couples of any race and then adding "white".

There's very little "it's FUNNY 'cause it's TRUE" going on in my head. that **** ain't true to me.
    “Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.” - Winston Churchill

“If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to serve as a horrible warning.” - Catherine Aird

This wasn't intended to be offensive by any means.

I'd like to think that we've reached a point in race relations where we can at least pick fun at each other a little bit without crossing the obvious lines. Maybe it's just that way between me and some of my friends. I tease them for wanting Popeye's all the time, and they tease me for drinking Yellowtail and listening to Jack Johnson. Whatever. Can't we all just get along and get a well meaning laugh out of one another every once in awhile?

Quote Originally Posted by dcpacersfan View Post
    This wasn't intended to be offensive by any means.

I'd like to think that we've reached a point in race relations where we can at least pick fun at each other a little bit without crossing the obvious lines. Maybe it's just that way between me and some of my friends. I tease them for wanting Popeye's all the time, and they tease me for drinking Yellowtail and listening to Jack Johnson. Whatever. Can't we all just get along and get a well meaning laugh out of one another every once in awhile?
    ABSOLUTELY.

As long as it's actually funny.

Those Kenyans are just crazy good in that long distance crap.

I've read this blog, and love it, but a more appropriate title would be something along the lines of "what yuppies like" or "what liberal douches like".

Nerd.
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Wow. Alot of touchy people here. It is okay to be offended, but you don't have to make a big deal about it. There is no freedom from offense...

I like it.

The light, not the lie. kester99's Avatar
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by JayRedd View Post

Angry laughter is all I can see.

I think we should take both of these web sites very seriously, and possibly write term papers about them....but not poems...I don't want to read those poems.
    [~]) ... Cheers! Go Pacers!