Thread: Danny Granger on Radio?

Post Danny Granger on Radio?

Did any1 happen to record Danny Granger talkin on Realgm radio show today.

Im really interested to hear what he said.

Thanks

AUSTRALIA'S NO.1 PACER FAN

Default Re: Danny Granger on Radio?

I listened to it. Among other things Granger said:

-- Talked about the talk Reggie had with JO back in 2002 about taking over the team and how he and Jermaine have had a few talks about the Pacers becoming Granger's team, especially in the wake of the JO trade rumors
    -- Granger is hoping to be an All-Star and works on his weaknesses (ball handling and passing) a lot during the off-season
    -- Said the Pacers had undergone a lot of issues over the past several years on and off the court
    -- Said that his brother is a musician and is currently on tour with Jordin Sparks from American Idol and is a backup singer for her and is set to release an album
    -- Talked about college basketball a little bit and noted he had gone to an IU game in Bloomington this year and touched a little bit on the whole Kelvin Sampson fiasco
    -- Noted that he went to a game at the University of New Mexico and was also in New Orleans during the All Star break
    -- Noted he had a really bad experience at Bradley before he transferred to UNM
    -- My favorite part was that they talked about nicknames and they noted "The lone ranger, Danny Granger" and my favorite that Danny also liked: "One in the chamber, Danny Granger"

Overall, it was about a 10 minute segment and he didn't say anything earth shattering, but it was still entertaining

Thank you Dave! Interesting!

Quote Originally Posted by Smoothdave1 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    -- Talked about the talk Reggie had with JO back in 2002 about taking over the team and how he and Jermaine have had a few talks about the Pacers becoming Granger's team, especially in the wake of the JO trade rumors
    I refuse to believe it. Jermaine's a egomaniac, right? Right?

I'd really like to know the timing of those talks, and if there's any relation to Danny's recent stellar play.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

My guess was that it was something along the lines of Jermaine saying:

"Hey Danny, if and when I am traded, this will be your team. You're going to be here for a while and the team will only go as far you're able to take them"

-- Granger is hoping to be an All-Star and works on his weaknesses (ball handling and passing) a lot during the off-season

I'm really glad to hear this. This is exactly what he needs to be working on, his ball handling will make him un guardable to be able to take guys off the dribble. He's already went from not being able to do it at all to being able to do it some.

Then the passing deal is being able to see and anticipate guys helping on D and finding the open man. He did this last game and Dunleavy had an all day open look on a 3.

Danny's ability to create is all tied to these to things and aer all that stands in the way of him being a nightmare to guard.

It was interesting to hear this after watching him play against Lebron and how obvious these are the two things that he really needs to take his game to the next level.

The two are completely intertwined though, so we'll see. I really feel like he can do it though with how much his game has improved the last 2 years.

I could see him being a 20/8/4 guy in his prime, thats pretty elite, imho. Especially considering he gets matched up with the better player defensively even in the gimmicky trap deal they are playing (its a personal mandate for me to use the word gimmicky every post now)

My guess was that it was something along the lines of Jermaine saying:

"Hey Danny, if and when I am traded, this will be your team. You're going to be here for a while and the team will only go as far you're able to take them"

JO needs to just say it without the caveat. Then when and if he comes back he can just play and not worry about the pressure to be something he's not, imho.

Granger is our franchise player right now, and imho even when JO comes back, Granger will still be our main player.

AUSTRALIA'S NO.1 PACER FAN

Quote Originally Posted by granger33 View Post
    Granger is our franchise player right now, and imho even when JO comes back, Granger will still be our main player.
    That shouldn't really come as a big surprise. Under JOB's Guard oriented system, the Bigs will always be the anchors for the defense while the Guards will get the glory. And honestly, that's how the game has been for a while, but it's made better if you're able to have a prolific shooter paired with a dominate post player. I was hoping that's what Granger/JO - Dunleavy/JO would have become this year.