Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Draft Express 2008 Mock Draft

Default Draft Express 2008 Mock Draft

http://www.draftexpress.com/nba-mock-draft/2008/

They have us at pick 9 choosing Chase Budinger.

http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Chase-Budinger-502/

If we take Chase Budinger, I swear I will never watch another Pacers game again. This kid is this next draft bust.

Comparisons:
    Best Case: Ray Allen
    Worst Case: Kelenna Azubuike
    In my mind there is no way that he could ever be Ray Allen. I know this is just a mock draft, but I feel as though this guy is a player that Larry Bird would draft. Roy Hibbert is who we should target if he is there with the 9th pick.

All is full of Orange! Mourning's Avatar

Default Re: Draft Express 2008 Mock Draft

I'm hearing virtually only negative and dissappointing comments on Hibbert. So, why do you feel we would have to take him?

Regards,

Mourning
    2012 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2011 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2006 PD ABA Fantasy League runner up, sports.ws

Because if you watch the Georgetown games he has no plays run for him and averages 13 points. He's over 7 foot and plays with quickness and a excellent jumping ability. To have a player that could stay down in the post and grab rebonds and block shots for us once O'neal leaves (which I think is going to happen) would give us another block to build around.

All is full of Orange! Mourning's Avatar

One of the main things I read about him though is that he's relatively slow and not an impressive defender in the least. Just putting out here what I read in other threads, because I hardly watch NCAA Basketball .

Regards,

Mourning
    2012 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2011 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2006 PD ABA Fantasy League runner up, sports.ws

Thumbs down Re: Draft Express 2008 Mock Draft

Quote Originally Posted by GrangerRanger View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    http://www.draftexpress.com/nba-mock-draft/2008/

They have us at pick 9 choosing Chase Budinger.

http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Chase-Budinger-502/

If we take Chase Budinger, I swear I will never watch another Pacers game again. This kid is this next draft bust.

In my mind there is no way that he could ever be Ray Allen. I know this is just a mock draft, but I feel as though this guy is a player that Larry Bird would draft. Roy Hibbert is who we should target if he is there with the 9th pick.
    We wouldn't take Budinger in the first place and most of these things just rank the players and fill in the teams where they fall.

Roy Hibbert will be a back up at best in the nba. He is to slow and does not have the athelitic ability to translate to the nba game

I'd definitely take Thabeet over Hibbert. And there's no way in heck
    TBTP would be dumb enough to take Buddinger. I'd take Bayless
    over him any day.

Formerly QuickRelease NapTonius Monk's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GrangerRanger View Post
    Because if you watch the Georgetown games he has no plays run for him and averages 13 points. He's over 7 foot and plays with quickness and a excellent jumping ability. To have a player that could stay down in the post and grab rebonds and block shots for us once O'neal leaves (which I think is going to happen) would give us another block to build around.
    This sounds more like Thabeet than Hibbert. I think Thabeet has the better pro potential. That's who I would target. 7-3, and athletic. Either him, or DeAndre Jordan.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Rajah Brown View Post
    And there's no way in heck TBTP would be dumb enough to take Buddinger.
    Woah....let's not get ahead of ourselves.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Sports Logo

The important question is if Thabeet is NBA ready....we need to get a guy that is ready to go. I don't doubt that I would much rather have him over Hibbert....but the impression that I get is that this guy has the potential to develop into a solid NBA center.....the problem is how long it will take.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Budinger won't be picked, not because of his ability or lack of ability if you think so, but because it would be the umpteenth SF on the team. It would almost comical if it wasn't the team I love.

Lawson, Thabeet, and Collison are the best available according to that draft at the needed positions.

streets ahead

chase = matt carroll methinks
    This is the darkest timeline.

streets ahead

i also think it should be noted that they're not saying the pacers will or would take him, they just have him listed there

Team needs have NOT yet been taken into account in this mock draft.
    This is the darkest timeline.

Formerly QuickRelease NapTonius Monk's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    The important question is if Thabeet is NBA ready....we need to get a guy that is ready to go. I don't doubt that I would much rather have him over Hibbert....but the impression that I get is that this guy has the potential to develop into a solid NBA center.....the problem is how long it will take.
    I say you take Thabeet. He's athletic enough to keep up with the ponies, and his defensive impact, I believe, will shatter Hibbert's. The track record of Georgetown big men is the one chip in Hibbert's corner, but I'd still go with Thabeet.

No to budinger, and hell no to hibbert. the man can't get down the court. I watched him against memphis...who plays an NBA style of pace and dude played like 10 minutes the whole game because he is so slow. At the number 9 pick someone is going to fall and it might be DJ augustin...theres who we need. A quick pass-first point guard who has a great outside shot. He's small so people might not like him, but I've watched enough of Texas this year to know hes a player. I live in Knoxville, and watched him single-handedly destroy my beloved #2 ranked Volunteers.

I might be thinking of some one else because I remember watching him block a fast break dunk out of no where.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Since86 View Post
    Budinger won't be picked, not because of his ability or lack of ability if you think so, but because it would be the umpteenth SF on the team. It would almost comical if it wasn't the team I love.
    I'm not going to give TPTB the benefit of the doubt when it comes to drafting another SF for the team. We need a few more to run our All-SF lineup.

Quote Originally Posted by themayhem87 View Post
    No to budinger, and hell no to hibbert. the man can't get down the court. I watched him against memphis...who plays an NBA style of pace and dude played like 10 minutes the whole game because he is so slow. At the number 9 pick someone is going to fall and it might be DJ augustin...theres who we need. A quick pass-first point guard who has a great outside shot. He's small so people might not like him, but I've watched enough of Texas this year to know hes a player. I live in Knoxville, and watched him single-handedly destroy my beloved #2 ranked Volunteers.
    augustin is not good enough to go top 10, so yes, he will be there. by why draft him in the 1st when you have the exact same player in sean singletary waiting in round 2, and a slightly lesser version of both in dominic james in round 2 as well...?

Quote Originally Posted by croz24 View Post
    augustin is not good enough to go top 10, so yes, he will be there. by why draft him in the 1st when you have the exact same player in sean singletary waiting in round 2, and a slightly lesser version of both in dominic james in round 2 as well...?
    Singletary and James aren't point guards....augustin is. I've watched both Singletary and James this year and haven't been impressed with either. James is a ballhog, no way I want him. I'm telling you Augustin is going to be a great player....and no team needs a point guard more right now than the pacers. Just my opinion. And nbadraft.net has us drafting Hasheem Thabeet, over Mayo

how exactly are singletary and james not pgs? the fact that you made that statement makes me think you really haven't watched much of james or singletary at all over the past 3 years...sure the pacers need a pg, but you should never draft on need, especially a position like pg where it's so difficult to find a franchise player at that position...

CableKC-

Thabeet is certainly a few years way from being a finished product
    (especially offensively), but his upside is potentially huge. Given
    where this team is now, I'm not sure that doesn't fit pretty well
    with about when they'll be back to a contending level.

If that's incorrect (which means J.O. is sticking around), then Thabeet
    would still be a great frontline compliment as his size and defensive
    skills would allow J.O. to play more at the PF spot.

I will probably explode if we have the opportunity to draft Mayo and don't.

NaptownSeth is all feel Naptown_Seth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by esabyrn333 View Post
    We wouldn't take Budinger in the first place and most of these things just rank the players and fill in the teams where they fall.

Roy Hibbert will be a back up at best in the nba. He is to slow and does not have the athelitic ability to translate to the nba game
    I'm sure that's it too (hope at least) and agree on Hibbert too. No plays run for him? Hardly. Unlike Thabeet they put Hibbert in the post constantly. He either scores or passes. He does this well by NCAA standards but unlike Thabeet he's rather slow and looks topped out on his major talent growth.

Good kid, but you can't take him that high. Double that for Budinger IMO.

BTW, I want to again repeat that the best place to get a good sense of where the Pacers will draft you need to look at Hollinger's Playoff Predictor which is based on simulating the REMAINING SCHEDULE, not projecting out the current W-L.

By that count you need to look at the 14-15 range talent still.

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    I'd say Thabeet has probably another good 4 years.

He is still very raw in terms of basketball skills. It will take some time yet for him to get better there.

Plus he needs to get stronger. Great quickness but he isn't strong enough to endure an NBA season right now.

No matter what though if I had to choose i'd take him over Hibbert. I think Hibbert = a bust in the NBA where at least Thabeet has the potential to be productive.

As for the Pacers picking I think that there are only 3 guards that you should take a look at and they are Gordon, Bayless, and maybe Mayo if his background checks out ok.

I really like Batum but he is a wing player and very similar to Danny and Shawne IMO.

If i'm the Pacers I have my sights set on taking a point guard or a big man. Normally it's who is going to be the best player no matter what position but we can not take another wing player.

There are 2 point guards in this draft in D.J. Augistin, Darren Collison, that the Pacers should consider.

If you can you take Augistin hands down. Collison comes as the second choice but you only take him if you can trade down into the late teens. I think Collison can start in the NBA but not as one of your best players. I think that Augistin can be a big part of your team, think of Tony Parker or Jameer Nelson. They may not be their teams best players like some point guards (Nash, Paul, etc) but they are their teams second or third best player.

The only big man I consider if i'm the Pacers is Hasheem Thabeet. Brook Lopez will be gone by the time Indiana picks.

So, assuming the Pacers pick in say the 10-15 range I take Augistin or Thabeet. If neither is avaliable I move the pick.

Quote Originally Posted by croz24 View Post
    how exactly are singletary and james not pgs? the fact that you made that statement makes me think you really haven't watched much of james or singletary at all over the past 3 years...sure the pacers need a pg, but you should never draft on need, especially a position like pg where it's so difficult to find a franchise player at that position...
    Ummmm....I've watched James and thought he was overrated. Maybe I've seen him on 5 or 6 off days. Anyways, obviously if we get a higher pick and get the opportunity to draft Derrick Rose or Bayless I'd be estatic. But if we stay at the 9 pick both of those players will be gone and from what I've seen of Augustine I think he'll be a great player