Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: trade deadline has come and gone...disappointed that the Pacers didn't make a move ?

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Question trade deadline has come and gone...disappointed that the Pacers didn't make a move ?

...so the deadline has come and gone, are you disappointed that we did not make a move ?
    If you havin' depth problems, I feel bad for you son; I got 99 problems but a bench ain't one! - Hicks
    [/center]
    @thatguyjoe84

Default Re: trade deadline has come and gone...disappointed that the Pacers didn't make a move ?

I was hoping for a trade out of boredom with this version of the team.
    "They could turn out to be only innocent mathematicians, I suppose," muttered Woevre's section officer, de Decker.

"'Only.'" Woevre was amused. "Someday you'll explain to me how that's possible. Seeing that, on the face of it, all mathematics leads, doesn't it, sooner or later, to some kind of human suffering."

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: trade deadline has come and gone...disappointed that the Pacers didn't make a move ?

I thought we might have wanted to make a move but word is everyone was low balling the pacers for JO.

I personally think its best to make your team better via draft rather then trades and free agency. We need a new medical staff. If we had one like Phoenix i think our guys would be more healthy longer. just me .2 cents
    If you havin' depth problems, I feel bad for you son; I got 99 problems but a bench ain't one! - Hicks
    [/center]
    @thatguyjoe84

I am actually shocked with what is going on in the West that Foster wasn't moved.
    The best exercise of the human heart is reaching down and picking someone else up.

disappointed.

I can't believe we held on to Foster...the market must be crazy low right now.

I'm not really disappointed.

About the only way we could have moved Jermaine is to the Nets. Then I probably would have been disappointed had Vince Carter came to Indiana.

Sure, would like to see Jamaal moved but hey I know he is difficult to move.

Hopefully things will get done this summer.

Trades have been made but nothing is going to be reported later
    R.I.P. Bernic Mac & Isaac Hayes

Yes, I'm jumping out of the office window right now.

It wasn't the time to move J.O.
    There is almost no chance that J.O. opts out so we have him for 2 more years. Best case he comes back to all star form next year and increases his trade value to where we trade him for rebuilding blocks and picks. Worst case he stays injured and we have a 20 mil. dollar expiring contract to trade the year after next. Either way his trade value will be much higher within the next 2 years. We just have to be patient.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Oneal07 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Trades have been made but nothing is going to be reported later
    Sorry to burst your bubble but-

Reports are trickling in from papers in Philadelphia, Miami and Indiana that the Sixers, Heat and Pacers let the deadline pass without making a trade. [READ]
    LINK
    "George's athleticism is bananas!" - Marc J. Spears

Disappointed. Our inaction feels like apathy to the team's situation.

Quote Originally Posted by tadscout View Post
    Sorry to burst your bubble but-

LINK
    Oh well, not suprised any ways

I just feel bad for Jeff.

YES

It is ka Thankee sai Major Cold's Avatar
    Mood

Making a trade in the NBA is harder than what people think.

Because the season is so "blah" I'm disappointed, but I know it's not apathy that led to not making a move. No way. Thankfully they didn't make a bad move for the sake of making a move, though a good trade would have been nice. Those don't get handed to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Mal View Post
    Because the season is so "blah" I'm disappointed, but I know it's not apathy that led to not making a move. No way. Thankfully they didn't make a bad move for the sake of making a move, though a good trade would have been nice. Those don't get handed to you.
    Same here. Even a small trade would have been nice.

Now makes me wonder who we could have gotten for Jermaine O'neal lol. Some of these teams are retarded. Chicago must have been smoking something

I'm disappointed.

I'll be irate if I have to read a Mike Wells column saying the Pacers 2 big additions will be a healthy Tinsley and O'Neal.

Quote Originally Posted by Mal View Post
    Moving sideways for the sake of moving sideways wouldn't have been such a bad thing either, IMHO.

Some players just need to be cut loose regardless. I would have taken a bad trade to get rid of Tinsley because he's on court production is only good a fourth of the time, another fourth being bad production, and half the time is no production.

Getting 50cents on the dollar for him is still getting a 25cent raise to me atleast.

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    Yes, I'm jumping out of the office window right now.

Listen, I'm sorry I wasn't able to go to the game with you, but that's no excuse for you to jump out the window
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

Quote Originally Posted by bnd45 View Post
    I'm disappointed.

I'll be irate if I have to read a Mike Wells column saying the Pacers 2 big additions will be a healthy Tinsley and O'Neal.
    No doubt. I hope to God the we eventually get something from Jermaine, whether it be him actually playing somewhere near his healthy potential for us or a decent return on a trade sometime.

Jamaal, I fear, is a lost cause.

Point is our commitment to these two has been way too much in my opinion. Not just what we've tied up in them financially but also the apparent value we think they have for us and in the eyes of others at large. We missed the boat on getting a decent deal on JO in the offseason. Now we have to pay for it now as we continue to spin our wheels.
    I'd rather die standing up than live on my knees.

-Emiliano Zapata

Fat, Drunk and Stupid Lord Helmet's Avatar

What a lame season.

Hopefully it doesn't get any worse.

Not that I expected a deal, but I was really hoping for one, just to plug in a little excitement that we really needed, IMO.

If we were aiming for a playoff seed, I think we would have made a move of some sort, because we're going nowhere with the lineup we have now.

And plugging in Tinsley for a few games before he pouts or gets hurt again does nothing, just sit his *** out for the year and do the same with JO. This season is over. All you do now is hope for a good draft pick and hope and pray we get a good player to bring back the excitement to this franchise. Dead last in attendance and the people that do come root for the other team. Last night for example, probably at least 200 Cavs fans in the building last night, if you call can call them fans, that is.

Very embarrassed right now and it will be a long time before we're good again.
    Last edited by Lord Helmet; 02-21-2008 at 04:31 PM.
    Super Bowl XLI Champions
    2000 Eastern Conference Champions

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

We all wanted a trade out of boredom rather than for the better outlook of the team. Truth is, it might be better to wait until offseason when JO and JT have a chance to get healthy and finish off the season strong rather than being injured.