Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Re:

Default Re:

"You can take a _______ out of the ghetto, but you can't take the ghetto out of a _______ .
    Dont mean to hijack the thread, but what a classless, racist remark this is. If the word is so bad that you can't write it out, why post it at all? Maybe I owe the apology, I thought this board had a pretty good reputation for tolerance.
    "I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said thank you, and went on your way, Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a weapon, and stand a post."

--Jack Nicholson as Colonel Nathan Jessup in A Few Good Men

Default Re:

"You can take a _______ out of the ghetto, but you can't take the ghetto out of a _______ .
    Dont mean to hijack the thread, but what a classless, racist remark this is. If the word is so bad that you can't write it out, why post it at all? Maybe I owe the apology, I thought this board had a pretty good reputation for tolerance.
    I looked the other way the first time I read it, but you nkow, MarionD has a real point. That's a pretty bad statement to post, FTC.

Default Re:

<<<YAAWWWWWWNNNN>>>>

Default Re:

<<<YAAWWWWWWNNNN>>>>
    How typical. You try to spin your racist remark off on your "grandpa" and then when get called out on it have nothing else to say? What a pussy. Its this type of perpetual hatred an sterotyping that do so much damage in our society. Hicks I enjoy coming here, and have alway felt this is a great board, it seems to attracted quite a few fans from other teams, allowing remarks like this to be posted will hurt PD's reputation as a site that welcomes "ALL" basketball fans.
    "I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said thank you, and went on your way, Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a weapon, and stand a post."

Default Re:

You called me out... and I don't care.

Give me just one good reason why I should respond to your "calling out"?

You mean nothing to me and I don't give a damn what you think of what I wrote. I said what I said and that was that. Why do you feel obligated to make it an issue....?

Default Re:

I didn't make it an issue you did by posting. Did you ever think that some people that come here and read what you wrote my take offense to it? You can't see where your comment might be offensive to some? Like maybe an African-American who grew up in a bad part of town? or maybe someone who had a rough upbringing but beat the odds and made something of themselves? Debating the issue is pointless, especially if you can't concede the lack of sensitivity in your comment. Go crawl back under your rock I won't bother you again.

Default Re:

WTF ever....

What a whiney lil _______.

The ONLY person that says a fukin thing about my post is some guy that is supposedly sticking up for these non-existant victims of my words.

HEY MAN.... GET A LIFE.

<<<<yaaaAAAAAWWWWWWWnnnnnnn>>>>>

I am not required to be sensitive to others feelings... I've sat down with plenty of people on this message board and they know what I'm all about and they know I'm not a racist.

I'll ask you once again... why do you feel the need to point out that offensive post and make an issue out of it when NOBODY else even seemed to notice. If they did they at least had the good taste to just let it go and not make a big freakin deal out of it.... but no NOT YOU. For some reason you just had to make some big freakin deal out of it.

I'll tell you the truth.... a person that make a crass racist comment on a message board is not nearly as offensive to me as the whiney *** lil b!tches that feel the need to tell them how wrong they are for doing it.

And I'll tell ya something else... I don't give a fukc about cops... especially punk *** reserves like you. And thats a fact jack.

Default Re:

I, for one, noticed, I just was at a loss for words on what to say, so I looked the other way not knowing WHAT to say.

But now that I have, I can't say I'm happy to see reference to "that word" here. And you said it in a way, and your reactions to being called out about it also suggest, that you have no problem about using "that word", and I find that disturbing.

Default Re:

I am not required to be sensitive to others feelings...

Thats up to the moderators

I've sat down with plenty of people on this message board and they know what I'm all about and they know I'm not a racist.

You admit to making a "crass racist remark" but your not a racist? If the shoe fits wear it pal.

I'll ask you once again... why do you feel the need to point out that offensive post and make an issue out of it when NOBODY else even seemed to notice.

Why do I feel the need? It was offensive to me.

If they did they at least had the good taste to just let it go and not make a big freakin deal out of it.... but no NOT YOU. For some reason you just had to make some big freakin deal out of it.

Hilarious, you want to question my taste? If you had any taste you wouldn't have posted it in the first place. Making racist remarks is a "big freakin deal" to me.

I'll tell you the truth.... a person that make a crass racist comment on a message board is not nearly as offensive to me as the whiney *** lil b!tches that feel the need to tell them how wrong they are for doing it.

So here you are admitting you made a comment, and that you knew it could be offensive and you really don't care if it bothers someone else. Do you wear your white hood while typing?

And I'll tell ya something else... I don't give a fukc about cops... especially punk *** reserves like you. And thats a fact jack.

How original, gee I've never met anyone like you before! I work in an area full of redneck, poor trashy people, if I haven't run into you already, I'm sure our paths will cross eventually.

Default Re:

I am not required to be sensitive to others feelings...

Thats up to the moderators

I've sat down with plenty of people on this message board and they know what I'm all about and they know I'm not a racist.

You admit to making a "crass racist remark" but your not a racist? If the shoe fits wear it pal.

I'll ask you once again... why do you feel the need to point out that offensive post and make an issue out of it when NOBODY else even seemed to notice.

Why do I feel the need? It was offensive to me.

If they did they at least had the good taste to just let it go and not make a big freakin deal out of it.... but no NOT YOU. For some reason you just had to make some big freakin deal out of it.

Hilarious, you want to question my taste? If you had any taste you wouldn't have posted it in the first place. Making racist remarks is a "big freakin deal" to me.

So here you are admitting you made a comment, and that you knew it could be offensive and you really don't care if it bothers someone else. Do you wear your white hood while typing?

How original, gee I've never met anyone like you before! I work in an area full of redneck, poor trashy people, if I haven't run into you already, I'm sure our paths will cross eventually.
    You aint no different than me..... quit acting like you are. You sure don't have a problem throwing around racist words like REDNECK do ya.

hypocrit.....! Closet Racist....!

"Making racist remarks is a "big freakin deal" to me........ redneck, poor trashy people"

EXPOSED!!!! LIAR!!!!!

Default Re:

Whoa daddy...this thread took an ugly turn (and that's not directed at MarionDeputy).

Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re:

Unfortunately, I thought there was some useful stuff in here before this happened. Perhaps the admins can split this.
    Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you

Default Re:

Quote Originally Posted by "FireTheCoach
    You aint no different than me..... quit acting like you are. You sure don't have a problem throwing around racist words like REDNECK do ya.

hypocrit.....! Closet Racist....!

[b
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    "Making racist remarks is a "big freakin deal" to me........ redneck, poor trashy people"[/b]

EXPOSED!!!! LIAR!!!!!
    Im quite a bit different then you. The context I used described the people I have to deal with, I lumped you into that category because you seem to have the same ideals and feelings that they do. I never said "white" in my description, there are several poor trashy people that are not white that I deal with as well. As far as I know the term redneck is not an offensive one. Most rednecks I meet enjoy and relish in the title, I assumed you would to. Either way if I offended you let me be the first to apologize, I wouldn't want to post on here and offend someone based on their upbringing or the color of their skin.

Default Re:

YEAH... THIS THREAD WENT TO HELL PRETTY QUICK.

I just will not tolerate ANYONE using the word redneck. It is extremely offensive. It gets thrown around WAY to casually and those that say it don't have a clue at how offensive of a word it is. Only a redneck should use the word redneck, said by anyone esle it is truly the most offensive a degrading word that exists.

Default Re:

Im quite a bit different then you. The context I used described the people I have to deal with, I lumped you into that category because you seem to have the same ideals and feelings that they do. I never said "white" in my description, there are several poor trashy people that are not white that I deal with as well. As far as I know the term redneck is not an offensive one. Most rednecks I meet enjoy and relish in the title, I assumed you would to. Either way if I offended you let me be the first to apologize, I wouldn't want to post on here and offend someone based on their upbringing or the color of their skin.

The context I used to descibe Ron Artest was based on what I've seen while walking the streets of Haughville as a newspaper carrier for the Star 7 days a week for better than 4 years... and don't act like you don't know the kind of people I'm talking about. I lumped him in that catagory because he seems to have the same ideals and displays the same aggressive actions as they do. At least he was in the 4th quarter of game 6, not too much unlike what he has done throughout his tenure with the Pacers. Flipping off fans, fighting on the court, cheap shots, throwing stuff into the crowd, turning over tables full of Gatorade and water, getting suspended and fined, I was talking about Ron Artest and the way he was acting but you want to make it out like I am generally describing my feelings towards all black people.... thats an assumption by you and it's definitely not true about me.

As far as you know the term "redneck" isn't offensive..... well I'll just say that THAT is as far as you know. You need to learn some tolerance for others feelings before you get off complaining about what I say.

Default Re:

split this from the main post...

LAPacer

Default Re:

Racism sucks.

If people who say/do racist things can try to understand what others are thinking when others are offended and then learn from it, that would be great.

Personally what FTC said, doesn't seem to be bad at all. But if it offends someone, you have to try to see the other persons point of view, before you lash back.

MarionD and FTC seem like good posters... Maybe its still part of the aftermath of the season ending. I know I had a short temper the night the Pacers FRICKIN' LOST.

Default Re:

The context I used to descibe Ron Artest was based on what I've seen while walking the streets of Haughville as a newspaper carrier for the Star 7 days a week for better than 4 years... and don't act like you don't know the kind of people I'm talking about. I lumped him in that catagory because he seems to have the same ideals and displays the same aggressive actions as they do. At least he was in the 4th quarter of game 6, not too much unlike what he has done throughout his tenure with the Pacers. Flipping off fans, fighting on the court, cheap shots, throwing stuff into the crowd, turning over tables full of Gatorade and water, getting suspended and fined, I was talking about Ron Artest and the way he was acting but you want to make it out like I am generally describing my feelings towards all black people.... thats an assumption by you and it's definitely not true about me.

As far as you know the term "redneck" isn't offensive..... well I'll just say that THAT is as far as you know. You need to learn some tolerance for others feelings before you get off complaining about what I say.
    What Ron Artest has done has been childish, impulsive and careless. But trying to compare that to black people living in the ghetto is not a fair comparison. Not to mention the attributing the remark to your "grandpa" to deflect critisism. Did every black person in Haughville demonstrate these qualities to you? Did any of them treat you niclely or appreciate the work you did there? I have worked in Haughville, not every black person that lives there smokes crack, drinks 40s, and runs with a gang.

Your attempts to paint me in the same light as you are pointless, we wouldn't be having this discussion if you hadn't spewed the first racial epitaph. And to try to liken Redneck to the N word is an insult to those black people who have had to fight through the bigotry, racism and injustices that go along with "the word".

In my opinon it simply comes down to the fact your in a public forum, you can't see the people you are communicating with, why post something that could be offensive to someone else? Wheres the fellowship in that? Where is just being neighborly? Where is the respect? If you didn't believe or mean what you posted, again why post it all?

Default Re:

Wow, look what happens when you don't check in for 3 days...........

I can't believe it went that long before the original remark was brought to light for what it is. Or maybe people were at the same loss for words that I was.
    I actually read through every post twice to make sure I wasn't beating a dead horse, I was a little surprised that no one else mentioned it before me.

LAPacer

Default Re:

I thought the original remark was open ended. I thought you could have put the word "Playa" or "Man" or even "DPOY". I know you could easily have put the "N" word. But I was hoping he didn't mean that.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re:

I thought the original remark was open ended. I thought you could have put the word "Playa" or "Man" or even "DPOY". I know you could easily have put the "N" word. But I was hoping he didn't mean that.
    I think it was pretty obvious to EVERYONE here what he meant.

Personally, if someone made a remark like that on MY board, I'd suspend him for a week. There is nothing that infuriates me MORE than racist comments.

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

LAPacer

Default Re:

Personally, if someone made a remark like that on MY board, I'd suspend him for a week. There is nothing that infuriates me MORE than racist comments.
    FTC, seems like a good poster. I wanted to give him the benefit of the doubt.

Default Re:

FTC, seems like a good poster. I wanted to give him the benefit of the doubt.
    So would I, but unfortunately there's verry little reason for that in this case.

Not to mention the cavalier attitude he took towards this thread is equally disturbing.

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

Default Re:

If that was the intention why leave the word blank? Its obvious through his subsequent messages that he in fact meant the "N" word.

Offical Thread Killer TheSauceMaster's Avatar
    Mood

Default Re:

you could easily put any word in there...sounds more like a assumpation than anything else of what words to add.

I really try to distnace myself from internet arguement's as they get repetitve and pointless after a few hours.