Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: Tampering?????

  1. #1
    Tree People to the Core! indygeezer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Cumberland
    Posts
    15,212
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Tampering?????

    IMO Der Commish is showing prejudicial, or is it preferential, influence here. He doesn't say all that much but the fact that he speaks about it at all appears preferential. (Sorry Seattle, Herr Stern obviously doesn't like you)

    http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archiv...etter_in_2009/
    If you get to thinkiní youíre a person of some influence, try orderiní somebody elseís dog around..

  2. #2
    White and Nerdy Anthem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    23,738

    Default Re: Tampering?????

    Quote Originally Posted by indygeezer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    IMO Der Commish is showing prejudicial, or is it preferential, influence here. He doesn't say all that much but the fact that he speaks about it at all appears preferential. (Sorry Seattle, Herr Stern obviously doesn't like you)

    http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archiv...etter_in_2009/
    Odds on the Knicks getting a #1 pick?
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

    • Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

    Enjoy your time at PD!

  3. #3
    Member idioteque's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    washington dc
    Age
    28
    Posts
    9,470

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Tampering?????

    Der Fuhrer is at it again.

    **** you David Stern. Worst commissioner in professional sports when it comes to these things. He has such a love affair with large market teams and his obsession with money is disgusting.

  4. #4

    Default Re: Tampering?????

    What? I thought only Shade would be angry at that. I can't see anything wrong with saying a team will be better next year.
    "They could turn out to be only innocent mathematicians, I suppose," muttered Woevre's section officer, de Decker.

    "'Only.'" Woevre was amused. "Someday you'll explain to me how that's possible. Seeing that, on the face of it, all mathematics leads, doesn't it, sooner or later, to some kind of human suffering."

  5. #5
    - .-- ... ... Natston's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Timbuktupolis, IN
    Age
    30
    Posts
    8,216
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Tampering?????

    Quote Originally Posted by Arcadian View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I can't see anything wrong with saying a team will be better next year.
    Especially since that was his favorite team growing up, no?

  6. #6
    Member Doug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,621

    Default Re: Tampering?????

    Plus, the Knicks are 15 and 37.

    It's not like he's going out on a limb with his prediction.
    You're caught up in the Internet / you think it's such a great asset / but you're wrong, wrong, wrong
    All that fiber optic gear / still cannot take away the fear / like an island song

    - Jimmy Buffett

  7. #7
    White and Nerdy Anthem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    23,738

    Default Re: Tampering?????

    Quote Originally Posted by Doug View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Plus, the Knicks are 15 and 37.

    It's not like he's going out on a limb with his prediction.
    I'm just saying, if they get the #1 pick. People are going to come back to this.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

    • Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

    Enjoy your time at PD!

  8. #8
    Member Doug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,621

    Default Re: Tampering?????

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm just saying, if they get the #1 pick. People are going to come back to this.
    And they should. I agree that the commish needs to appear partial in all respects. Even if we know he hates the small market teams. :-) Maybe we can get a congressional investigation going in basketball too...
    You're caught up in the Internet / you think it's such a great asset / but you're wrong, wrong, wrong
    All that fiber optic gear / still cannot take away the fear / like an island song

    - Jimmy Buffett

  9. #9
    Jimmy did what Jimmy did Bball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    19,929

    Default Re: Tampering?????

    Quote Originally Posted by Doug View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    And they should. I agree that the commish needs to appear partial in all respects. Even if we know he hates the small market teams. :-) Maybe we can get a congressional investigation going in basketball too...
    I'd think you'd want him to be impartial

    -Bball
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

    ------

    "A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

    -John Wooden

  10. #10
    Tree People to the Core! indygeezer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Cumberland
    Posts
    15,212
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Tampering?????

    Quote Originally Posted by Arcadian View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What? I thought only Shade would be angry at that. I can't see anything wrong with saying a team will be better next year.

    Coule that with him telling the Sonics fans that their team is likely to move.
    If you get to thinkiní youíre a person of some influence, try orderiní somebody elseís dog around..

  11. #11
    Member Doug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,621

    Default Re: Tampering?????

    Quote Originally Posted by Bball View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'd think you'd want him to be impartial

    -Bball
    I guess my subconscious wouldn't let me use impartial when referring to Stern. :-)
    You're caught up in the Internet / you think it's such a great asset / but you're wrong, wrong, wrong
    All that fiber optic gear / still cannot take away the fear / like an island song

    - Jimmy Buffett

Similar Threads

  1. Johnson tampering? I've wondered about it too
    By indygeezer in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 11-05-2007, 12:04 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •