Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: J.O. next to go to West?

Default J.O. next to go to West?

Anyone else think O'Neal will be dealt to the West before the trade deadline? I wonder if we should or not. Either way, I honestly think he won't because his injury makes him damaged goods.

Boom Baby!

~pacers31

Default Re: J.O. next to go to West?

Quote Originally Posted by pacers31 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Anyone else think O'Neal will be dealt to the West before the trade deadline? I wonder if we should or not. Either way, I honestly think he won't because his injury makes him damaged goods.

Boom Baby!

~pacers31

those west GM's dont care about injuries. They watch highlights from years ago and have wet dreams of beating the spurs and any player they feel can do that they latch onto like a tiger on a zebra.

I just think we are personally asking to much for him. Which is why we havent moved him yet.

we probably are, Id be happy with one early first round draft pick, a large expiring contract and hopefully a good young pg or sg.
    Hulk - "I'm 5 for 5 from the line. I should shoot technicals now."

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I think the Mavs should try and get him.. If they do this Kidd trade, then they will be better, but still not good enough to play with LA and PHO.. But if they pulled off a deal for JO, they would get significantly better, just having that many options makes a team dangerous.

Something like this would be nice.:
    http://games.espn.go.com/nba/feature...1~11&te=&cash=

With Devin Harris headed to NJ in the Kidd deal, I don't know that
    Dallas has anything left the Pacers would be interested in.

Boom Baby!

~pacers31
    Don't think so. Wouldn't that mean the Pacer front office would have to have someone smart enough to work out a deal?

streets ahead

dallas would be much more interested in foster than JO but they don't have a ton left to bargain with as they included ager and picks with NJN. i see a PJ Brown signing more possible.

as for JO, the three logical JO destinations based on need were LAL, PHX and DAL but all three made trades that make a move for JO unlikely. utah doesn't really have the pieces without moving AK. houston could use a big like that next to yao but what do they have to give up? portland could make a move but that would seem very un-kevin pritchardly and would probably stunt oden's development in the following seasons. san antonio just doesn't have the pieces without moving one of their big three which i really don't think is likely. NOH? they aren't going to pay $20mil for a guy to back up west and chandler. golden state? nope. denver? could use him but only by sending out kmart.

so unless a western team like minny, memphis, seattle wants to use him to build around their youth (tremendously unlikely) i can't really see any move for JO out west.

east seems much more likely.
    This is the darkest timeline.

Formerly QuickRelease NapTonius Monk's Avatar

Has there been an update as to JO's progress, or lack thereof?

All is full of Orange! Mourning's Avatar

An Eastern conference team is where I would guess JO would go. New Jersey, New York and MAYBE Cleveland .. that's who I would consider the sole candidates. In the west... I dunno MAYBE Houston or Denver IF they don't manage to get (Mo)Ron.

Regards,

Mourning
    2012 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2011 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2006 PD ABA Fantasy League runner up, sports.ws

streets ahead

Quote Originally Posted by Mourning View Post
    An Eastern conference team is where I would guess JO would go. New Jersey, New York and MAYBE Cleveland .. that's who I would consider the sole candidates. In the west... I dunno MAYBE Houston or Denver IF they don't manage to get (Mo)Ron.

Regards,

Mourning
    i would say cleveland is a fairly solid trading partner for tinsley actually if they can't get andre miller. maybe JO too in a package involving hughes.

All is full of Orange! Mourning's Avatar

Hughes is who I was thinking off. They want to rid themselves of him pretty badly if I'm remembering an article from sometime ago. Offcourse, if that would happen... the scenario would be way too much in the Cav's favour and would not work salarywise, so more would have to come our way (NO, NO, NO keep Gooden!!!), but that's where it gets complicated I would guess, maybe get a third team involved.

Regards,

Mourning
    2012 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2011 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2006 PD ABA Fantasy League runner up, sports.ws

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

We would want to take Gibson off their hands if we did any deals with the Cavs.. And I doubt that would happen.

The Heat is also a potential candidate for JO. Riley seems to be looking for a low post presence, and although JO is more of a (bad) midrange shooter it looks like the fit is there. Wade, Marion and JO is a solid base to build on.

It also helps the jersey sales in Miami, they don't have to print new ones

JO/Tinsley/Harrison for Williams(exp)/Haslem/Blount/Cook/2008#1 pick looks fine to me.
    Maceo Baston's #1 fan on Pacers Digest!

Feed the big fella. Infinite MAN_force's Avatar

I like Miami and New York as possible destinations because they seem like teams more likely to trade a lottery pick for a proven all star type player. In this case JO coming back and showing his stuff at the end of the year could prove very valuable.
    "As a bearded man, i was very disappointed in Love. I am gathering other bearded men to discuss the status of Kevin Love's beard. I am motioning that it must be shaved."

- ilive4sports

Quote Originally Posted by Alpolloloco View Post
    The Heat is also a potential candidate for JO. Riley seems to be looking for a low post presence, and although JO is more of a (bad) midrange shooter it looks like the fit is there. Wade, Marion and JO is a solid base to build on.
    I really don't like Miami, but JO would be great there (if healthy). His problem has always been that he doesn't have great help on the wing.

Williams(exp)/Haslem/Blount/Cook/2008#1 pick looks fine to me.
    I'd do that, but they wouldn't. You think they're going to give up what could very well be the top pick in this draft?
    Last edited by Anthem; 02-18-2008 at 03:56 PM.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Infinite MAN_force,

Just wanted to say that your profile picture is GOLD!!! LOL!

Boom Baby!

~pacers31

streets ahead

Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    I really don't like Miami, but JO would be great there (if healthy). His problem has always been that he doesn't have great help on the wing.
    the problem of course is that they still really wouldn't have a center unless they would play o'neal/blount together?

I'd do that, but they wouldn't. You think they're going to give up what could very well be the top pick in this draft?
    QFT

cook/williams/davis/haslem
    o'neal/owens/daniels

or something along those lines seems a little more likely

Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post

I'm not even sure Miami can trade their 2008 #1 pick, but swapping the picks during the draft could be an option.

Miami of course has a bigger chance to get the top pick but our pick could very well be between 5-10 (in which we could draft a C for Miami while the Heat draft Gordon for us).
    Maceo Baston's #1 fan on Pacers Digest!

Sports Logo

I don't think that the Heat are going to rebuild like many think. They are going to instantly retool with Marion ( who I wouldn't be surprised if he signs some extension ) along with Wade and whatever top pick they get in the offseason. With the huge firesales that many teams are having......they just need some decent 3rd player to compliment what they have.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

I'm hoping that Dallas' reason for not going after Jermaine is because they don't feel he can be healthy enough to help them. Otherwise they're idiots.

Actually we're idiots too because we've been holding onto a piece of someone elses puzzle for far too long. It looks like the elite West teams are willing to give a lot for that piece and we have yet to see that and capitalize on it.

Quote Originally Posted by avoidingtheclowns View Post
    the problem of course is that they still really wouldn't have a center unless they would play o'neal/blount together?
    Blount's a decent defender. Jeff's gotten better about muscling guys on the block over the last couple years, but Blount has more beef.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

I'm not even sure Miami can trade their 2008 #1 pick, but swapping the picks during the draft could be an option.
    But would they? Their best bet is to go for another superstar-level (top 3 pick) player.

Enjoy your time at PD!

I doubt the Heat would trade their pick for JO, regardless of other details. He's just not worth that much to a team who is probably targeting 2-3 years from now to contend.

I know this is preposterous, but what about Detroit as a trading partner? I have to imagine the Wallace and JO would be a powerful combination.

The only other option that I can think of that has not been mentioned is Portland. Nice reunion, they have plenty of pieces to trade and it makes them that much more legit.

Continue...

streets ahead

detroit can't afford JO. they aren't going to give up any of their rotation (chauncey, rip, dyess, sheed) and thats what it would take from a financial standpoint.