Thread: Some Random Offseason Moves

Default Some Random Offseason Moves

these are a few moves i would welcome for the pacers this summer. IMO, j.o., artest, and tinsley should be left alone. i'm gonna say this now, we MUST upgrade our SG position. 2 of the top 3 SG's in the league are up for easy grabs (allen and t-mac), we should at least take a look at what it would take. plus, there are some quality free agents this summer that could help us. anyways, here are a list of potential and realistic moves.

Trades

1.) bender and al for t-mac. yeah, we give up young talent, but t-mac is a superstar. i love harrington and jb, but i'm getting tired of the waiting game....i would only do it if t-mac agreed to an extension. maybe we could pick up garrity in the deal too to help us at the forward position. he would help our outside shooting a lot. he's a FA and could be had for cheap.

2.) harrington, pollard, & freddie for ray allen. ray is up for grabs, sonics wanted al last year for payton.

3.) cro and pollard for eddie jones. miami needs to beef up the frontcourt . it's basically a bad contract for another.

FA Signings

1.) brent barry......asking for the MLE...good shooter.

2.) dampier......probably have to give something back in a sign and trade.

3.) turkoglu....good shooter, probably wants MLE

4.) ginobli.....i think he would be perfect but i doubt we can afford him unless it was a sign and trade.

5.) Q richardson......another sign and trade. don't know if he would fit in.....great shooter though.

Default Re: Some Random Offseason Moves

1.) bender and al for t-mac. yeah, we give up young talent, but t-mac is a superstar. i love harrington and jb, but i'm getting tired of the waiting game....i would only do it if t-mac agreed to an extension. maybe we could pick up garrity in the deal too to help us at the forward position. he would help our outside shooting a lot. he's a FA and could be had for cheap.

If we can get tmac without losing Ron or JO, then we get him. I don't care if we lose some depth which costs us and we only win 54 games next year. It will put us in great position to contend for a title. Thats were we are at...contending for a title right NOW, not in a few years.

2.) harrington, pollard, & freddie for ray allen. ray is up for grabs, sonics wanted al last year for payton.

idk about ray ray. he has had knee problems the last two seasons. I would hate to give up al and fred (I think fred is going to be impressive next year) for a guy who plays 40-50 games and is hurt in the playoffs.

3.) cro and pollard for eddie jones. miami needs to beef up the frontcourt . it's basically a bad contract for another.

After what eddie has done in the Playoffs... I say no, and for the following reason.

With all of these trades, we are giving up bigs to get a small. That means we need to somehow get a big (FA?) to fill the gap. And if PB is taken by the bobcats, there goes another big.

FA Signings

1.) brent barry......asking for the MLE...good shooter.
    Yes Please...a good backup combo guard

2.) dampier......probably have to give something back in a sign and trade.
    Yes Please...(although if DW didn't like his work ethic back in the day, this may never happen) JO and Damp... The finess master and the hooligan

3.) turkoglu....good shooter, probably wants MLE
    Depends on the moves we make. If we don't make any, who wants to see Artest, Al, JB, Cro and Turk all fighting for playing time.

4.) ginobli.....i think he would be perfect but i doubt we can afford him unless it was a sign and trade.
    We need a shooter...Ginobli would just be a slasher with a respectable shot from deep and in close...not a lights out shooter from all over

5.) Q richardson......another sign and trade. don't know if he would fit in.....great shooter though.

hmmm... look what happened to Odom when he left the Clippers...

Default Re: Some Random Offseason Moves

Now if you had said J.Richardson, THAT would've gotten my attention

Q hoists up 22 pg to get his 17 pt pg, we have shooters like that, we want one who does more points then attempts pretty please
    So Long And Thanks For All The Fish.

If you've done 6 impossible things today?
    Then why not have Breakfast at Milliways!