Thread: The Re-Load (combination of current Pacers rumors)

Default The Re-Load (combination of current Pacers rumors)

Obviously never happen... no way TPTB allows this much churn midseason. But we honestly wouldn't be much worse (except for the whole "guys not practicing" thing) and we'd dump a ton of bad contracts and get fun blocks for the future. Ok, first things first.

JO/Hulk/Tinsley to Miami
    for
    J.Williams/R.Davis/M.Blount/our 2009 2nd/future first

Normally I wouldn't like this move except for the other stuff I've got going. This clears the deck for Indy, and Jermaine shuts it down for the rest of the year, meaning he doesn't screw up Miami's draft and he's back at full strength next year. We'd buy out Williams and Davis immediately. Miami wins big on talent, but I can't find anything else I'd want. Cuts about 3mil off the cap.

Granger/Murphy to Portland
    for
    Webster/Jack/Pryz/1st/our 2008 2nd

Normally I wouldn't like this either, given that Portland gets the best player in the deal. But we get more talent overall, which is the name of the game in this scenario. Plus we shed Murph's contract and snag a decent pick and cut about a mil off our cap

Utah/Memphis 3-way
    We give Marquis Daniels, Jeff Foster, Ike Diogu
    We get Okur/Millsap/Lowry/NY's future 1st

Mem gives Mike Miller, Kyle Lowry
    Mem gets Daniels/Diogu/Almond/Fesenko

Ut gives Mehmet Okur, Paul Millsap, Kyrylo Fesenko, Morris Almond, NY's future 1st
    Ut gets M.Miller, J.Foster

Good trade for all three, I think. UT gets rid of Okur and adds two players that will fit right in and compete. Memphis gets 2 prospects, roster balancing, and some cap relief. We give up a lot, but get Millsap/Lowry/pick. Plus if we got Jack, I'd immediately try moving Lowry for a pick and leave the backup slot to Diener. Even if we keep Lowry, we cut 3mil off our cap.
    Last edited by Anthem; 02-19-2008 at 01:16 AM.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Default Re: The Re-Load (combination of current Pacers rumors)

New roster:

Blount / Pryz
    Okur / Millsap /
    Dun / Shawne / Graham
    Rush / Webster /
    Jack / Diener / Owens

plus Lowry (unless we traded him). That's not a 40-win team, but the bench is chock-full of hot young talent. Millsap/Shawne/Webster? Better than where we are. Plus an extra 7mil in savings this year and more next year, meaning we'd have the full MLE available. And other than Dunleavy, no contracts more than 3 years (including this year).

Not counting Lowry, we'd have 2 picks per round in June:
    - Ours (lotto 1st)
    - Portland (mid 1st)
    - Ours (lotto 2nd)
    - Pheonix's (late 2nd)

Could pick 4 guys, or try trading up. Plus we'd get our both of our fut 2nd back (so we'd owe no future picks), a Miami future 1st, and NY future 1st.
    Last edited by Anthem; 02-19-2008 at 01:18 AM.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Artificial Intelligence wintermute's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

Granger/Murphy to Portland
    for
    Webster/Jack/Pryz/1st/our 2008 2nd

doesn't appeal to me. sure we're shedding murphy's contract but pryzbilla's contract is pretty hefty too. has 3 seasons left, same as murph, according to hoopshype - is your info different?

not worth the price of granger imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    Utah/Memphis 3-way
    We give Marquis Daniels, Jeff Foster, Ike Diogu
    We get Okur/Millsap/Lowry/NY's future 1st

Mem gives Mike Miller, Kyle Lowry
    Mem gets Daniels/Diogu/Almond/Fesenko

Ut gives Mehmet Okur, Paul Millsap, Kyrylo Fesenko, Morris Almond, NY's future 1st
    Ut gets M.Miller, J.Foster
    i think utah is giving up too much. millsap is pretty good and okur is not that bad of a contract. just as i don't think the pacers would trade granger to move murph, similarly i don't think the jazz would give up millsap (along with almond and ny 1st!) to move memo.

i'm down with the jo/tins to miami deal though. naturally, since i've proposed something similar (link)

Quote Originally Posted by wintermute View Post
    doesn't appeal to me. sure we're shedding murphy's contract but pryzbilla's contract is pretty hefty too. has 3 seasons left, same as murph, according to hoopshype - is your info different?

not worth the price of granger imo.
    Totally whiffed there. Thought that was a team option, not a player option.

Does adding rights to Rudy balance it out? How about Rudy and another 2nd? Because I don't think we could squeeze much more out of them that we'd care about. Guys in the other thread are talking about Outlaw, but I don't see it. Frye, maybe, if we were going to move him immediately. I'd rather have Millsap.

i think utah is giving up too much. millsap is pretty good and okur is not that bad of a contract. just as i don't think the pacers would trade granger to move murph, similarly i don't think the jazz would give up millsap (along with almond and ny 1st!) to move memo.
    It's not just to move Memo, although that's a worthy goal. They add Foster to deal with WC bigmen (Duncan/Pau/Dirk) and drastically improve on the wing with Mike Miller. I don't mind swapping their 2008 first for the NY first, if that makes a difference. Unless they've decided that Millsap is absolutely untouchable, this seems like a good trade. If Millsap IS untouchable, then add Frye to the Portland trade and add their other 1st to the mix.

i'm down with the jo/tins to miami deal though. naturally, since i've proposed something similar (link)
    I like mine a little better, actually. Hulk gives them a big man for this season (which they'd need) and allowing them to keep their 2008 pick means that shutting down JO is a double win for them. Plus I like not owing picks.
    Last edited by Anthem; 02-19-2008 at 02:02 AM.

Enjoy your time at PD!

You Did It Joseph!!!! AesopRockOn's Avatar
    Mood

Wow, when I read this at first, I had no idea this was all one huge Pacer trade marathon. Everything seems pretty reasonable, especially if Portland misses the playoffs. Nice work.

Like getting Jack; I really think the kid with some good coaching could start for a while. I guess the main thing about doing all this would hinge on Shawne being someday able to play the four in whatever offense we have when we're good. We'd have to be drafting almost exclusively big men this June; more picks means more ping pong balls.