Thread: For TPTB, it makes sense to trade with Cleveland

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default For TPTB, it makes sense to trade with Cleveland

It's pretty obvious that LBJ has little around him and that he needs a talent infusion fast. TPTB here in Indy aren't going to rebuild and I think they're only going to trade JO if they get decent value back. Mike Brown has coached JO and Tins in the past and I really think when Tinsley is finally moved his "injuries" will magically disappear. He's a decent playmaker and if he can be told to defer to LBJ he'll do a nice job as a facilitator in that offense. JO/Big Z, if they can both get healthy, is a hell of a dangerous combination down low.

We can get some value back trading JO and Tins to Cleveland, and unlike most teams I think JO and Tins can fill a real need and will make Cleveland a nice contender along with Gibson/Z/LBJ.

So you trade Tinsley and JO for Drew Gooden, Larry Hughes, and Eric Snow (expiring). You try to get the Cleveland #1 pick as well, I don't think LBJ is going to be patient enough to wait on another player to develop for them in 3-5 years, he wants to win now.

Mood

Default Re: For TPTB, it makes sense to trade with Cleveland

Interesting scenerio and if JO could prove healthy before the deadline it could be a nice trade.

Artificial Intelligence wintermute's Avatar

while i agree with the premise of the thread, you got one thing wrong. eric snow is not expiring, he has one more year on his contract (per hoopshype).

i think cleveland doesn't have the contracts to pull off a j.o. trade. their big pieces (ilgauskas and hughes) are not attractive at that salary and contract length. and most of their other contracts (snow, marshall, damon jones) are expiring next year, not this year.

a tinsley trade seems feasible however. i'd think tinsley is a guy the cavs would consider after missing out on kidd and bibby. no doubt they'd prefer andre miller, but if a deal with the sixers doesn't materialize, then tinsley might be their best option at the deadline.

tinsley for newble, devin brown, and shannon brown (all expiring) works on the trade checker. the 2 browns are prospects while newble gets cut, i guess.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Even though Snow is an expiring I would take on his contract for the extra year, if nothing else he provides PG depth. He provides a decent vet presence on this team, in a way similar to Armstrong.

The one thing the Pacers must convey to Cleveland in this situation: You must give us Drew Gooden. I realize that he isn't a lifesaver but he is a decent producer, and his contract isn't an albatross by any means.

I actually think Damon Jones would be kind of interesting here. He loves to chuck up the 3's, and well, you know our offense. Maybe we would want him instead of Snow?

Hughes is always injured and his contract sucks. The same can be said for Tinsley, except Tinsley's contract is one year longer and Hughes, from what I have seen, plays with a lot more heart.