Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Eric Gordon FTW!

when will he ever learn? underwave's Avatar

Default Re: Eric Gordon FTW!

Quote Originally Posted by HeartlandFan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Just curious, but why? Rose has been just as inconsistent on a team that is more talented.
    gordan is effective and more 'razzledazzle' for 'right now'. but in a long run rose will be a true point guard who could lead the team to a championship whatever team he is in.(would like to see him in the NCAA FINALS) it seems tigers style is a passing game so there's no need for rose to read the game or to A-pass.

most of all it's in my GUTS. no logic.(Though i watch every game gordan and rose plays) afterall gordan and rose was both born in 1988. younger than me.(man i'm getting older lol) there are plenty of room and years to grow. but considering the injury history(only months. didn't track down the history in high school dyas) and pacers NEED i pick rose. it's just IMO. total
    Last edited by underwave; 02-18-2008 at 06:42 AM.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by tdubb03 View Post
    I like Mayo's game as well. I know about the whole recruitment thing. He called Floyd and said he was coming to USC, basically to establish his celebrity. That certainly says he's a prima donna of sorts, but is there real trouble he's been in? I don't know of any scrapes with the law or anything like that. I'm not saying having a me first player is ideal, but he's not Jackson or Tinsley.
    Having to change high schools four times in four years doesn't bother you? Thats a HUGE red flag to me. Especially because the schools were basically making him leave.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

Yeah, I'm a Pacers fan. MyFavMartin's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Robertmto View Post
    the "better ball handler" averages slightly more turnovers a game and had 10 tos tonite...just throwin that out there
    If you watch them play, EJ has a tendency to lose the ball driving the lane... For someone who is a SG and great shooter, shouldn't he have a lot fewer TO's than Mayo, who handles the ball a lot more?

Mayo is impressive when handling the ball in traffic.

I would say the Pacer's won't take Mayo even if available. Remember they didn't take Marcus Williams when he was available. They will do a trade, or pick someone else.

Quote Originally Posted by iPACER View Post
    He stated that he would get players to go to USC. I had nothing wrong with what he said. Players recruit players... happens in the NBA, happens in college, even happens in AAU and high school.

I've thought that EJ and his father have played the media more than Mayo.

I think the EJ is the far superior outside shooter and is excellent coming off screens. Mayo has him beat in ball handling skills, though. So it comes down to what you want.

Actually, it comes down more so to where you pick. Outside of the top 4, I don't think EJ will be available. 4-10, Mayo could be there.

Could take a solid PG prospect like Bayless and pair them with Daniels at the 2...
    Recruiting other players isn't the big deal about how he ended up at USC.

He ended up there eventhough Tim Floyd, nor USC sent him any letters. Never.

Tim Floyd just got there and never thought Mayo would even consider the school so didn't try. A man walked into his office from off the street and told TF that OJ would be calling and he needed his cell ##. Said that he couldn't give out OJ's because he didn't give it out to anyone.

I mean you already made up your mind that USC is where you wanna go, not because of the actual school but because of the town it's located in and you don't trust your coach enough to give him your cell number? Okay?

He was suspended in high school for bumping over a ref. He threw the ball into the stands after a dunk, before the game was over. He's just a prima donna.

His adjustment to the NBA lifestyle could be VERY troublesome. He's going to cause a lot of headaches for his first team because he's already showing that he'll go where ever to get the most and I doubt he sticks around a team very long, so why get him during the headache period?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Since86 View Post
    He was suspended in high school for bumping over a ref. He threw the ball into the stands after a dunk, before the game was over. He's just a prima donna.
    That's already been proven by both video evidence and in a court of law as a total crock on the refs part. Of course the anti-Mayo people will ignore facts and run it into the ground.

As for my opinion on Eric Gordon: no 6'3" one-dimensional SG's, please. The guy might as well wright BUST across his forehead. I can see it coming from a while away because I'm not clouded by bias like a lot of people here.

You still haven't said how he is one-dimensional...

Gordon's game is not one dimensional. Defensively he's good and can be great.
    Offensively he's as good a shooter and finisher around the rim as there is college basketball. That's just to name a few.

Here we go Steelers.. jmoney2584's Avatar

Yea 1-dimensional wouldn't have him in the top 5 of every mock draft. 1-dimensional also wouldn't account for having such a pension for 3's AND getting to the line. Not to mention now holding IU's freshman scoring record.
    Roy Hibbert.... It's the POWER!!!

Mood

I have to agree with one dimensional, that tough as hell dimension.

Banned

I see Gordon as a scorer and nothing more. And even that I'm not entirely sold on given the competition level. He doesn't rebound, his ball handling and passing are both suspect, and I question how well he'll defend at the NBA level given his lack of size.

I can see Gordon being another Dajuan Wagner. Gordon may be a better shooter, but Wagner was quicker and a better ball handler. I'm just not sold on undersized SG's. There's far too many draft day failures amongst them; Wagner, Fred Jones, Juan Dixon, Shawn Respert, Troy Bell etc.
    Last edited by Kofi; 02-19-2008 at 12:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kofi View Post
    I see Gordon as a scorer and nothing more. And even that I'm not entirely sold on given the competition level. He doesn't rebound, his ball handling and passing are both suspect, and I question how well he'll defend at the NBA level given his lack of size.

I can see Gordon being another Dajuan Wagner.
    Wagner was never the shooter Gordon is. You still dodge the question of how he is one dimensional. Most people would tell you he's at least above average defensively.

I can see Gordon being another Dajuan Wagner. Gordon may be a better shooter, but Wagner was quicker and a better ball handler. I'm just not sold on undersized SG's. There's far too many draft day failures amongst them; Wagner, Fred Jones, Juan Dixon, Shawn Respert, Troy Bell etc.
    And almost as many successes. Wade, Barbosa, Ginobli, Iverson for a lot of his career. Plus you have guys like Ray Allen who aren't that big. If Allen is taller than Gordon in real life I'd be shocked. Gordon has a very good wingspan and can jump out of the gym. All those guys you mentioned are flat out not as good Gordon. Even when they were in college.

Quote Originally Posted by Indy View Post
    Having to change high schools four times in four years doesn't bother you? Thats a HUGE red flag to me. Especially because the schools were basically making him leave.
    I'm just saying it's not fair to compare him to Artest or Jackson.

If Allen is taller than Gordon in real life ...
    As opposed to ... ?

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Since86 View Post
    Recruiting other players isn't the big deal about how he ended up at USC.

He ended up there eventhough Tim Floyd, nor USC sent him any letters. Never.

Tim Floyd just got there and never thought Mayo would even consider the school so didn't try. A man walked into his office from off the street and told TF that OJ would be calling and he needed his cell ##. Said that he couldn't give out OJ's because he didn't give it out to anyone.

I mean you already made up your mind that USC is where you wanna go, not because of the actual school but because of the town it's located in and you don't trust your coach enough to give him your cell number? Okay?

His adjustment to the NBA lifestyle could be VERY troublesome. He's going to cause a lot of headaches for his first team because he's already showing that he'll go where ever to get the most and I doubt he sticks around a team very long, so why get him during the headache period?
    Artest Jr.

Its completely fair to say that he's (significantly) more likely to end up Jackson than he is to end up Reggie.

Banned

And almost as many successes. Wade, Barbosa, Ginobli, Iverson for a lot of his career. Plus you have guys like Ray Allen who aren't that big. If Allen is taller than Gordon in real life I'd be shocked. Gordon has a very good wingspan and can jump out of the gym. All those guys you mentioned are flat out not as good Gordon. Even when they were in college.
    Ginobili is 6'6" and Allen is 6'5". Wade measured in at close to 6'5" in shoes. All three players are far more skilled and versatile than Gordon has shown to be at this point.

Iverson is puny, but he's greased lightning and a far better ball handler and passer than Gordon hence why he's played PG off and on throughout his career.

I'd say Eric Gordon is closer in size and skill to Ben Gordon than any of the previously mentioned players.

Quote Originally Posted by Kraft View Post
    As opposed to ... ?

Ginobili is 6'6" and Allen is 6'5". Wade measured in at close to 6'5" in shoes. All three players are far more skilled and versatile than Gordon has shown to be at this point.

Iverson is puny, but he's greased lightning and a far better ball handler and passer than Gordon hence why he's played PG off and on throughout his career.

I'd say Eric Gordon is closer in size and skill to Ben Gordon than any of the previously mentioned players.
    Then you probably should have your vision checked because Eric and Ben couldn't be more different in the way they are built. I've stood next to Eric Gordon before, the guy isn't any shorter than 6'4". Plus he is absolutely built. He is a MAN at the age of 18. Wade played three years in college, Gordon is a better shooter and arguably a better finisher than Wade was at the same age.

Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    Artest Jr.
    Agree to disagree I suppose. I'm not saying I have dreams of him in an Indiana uniform or anything, he just seems like a pretty business savvy kid to me.

Wade, Barbosa, Ginobli, Iverson for a lot of his career. Plus you have guys like Ray Allen who aren't that big.
    On a more serious note, Wade, Iverson and Allen all had more college seasoning. To me, that's important for his size and position.

I think basketball-wise, Gordon would be well served to spend more time in college. Of course, I'd take the money, too.

When he's a rookie next year, I'd body the hell out of him. If he can handle it like Iverson can, I'd be surprised. AI is also a way, way better ball handler. I just think EJ could get a lot better in a lot of areas against college players. The physicality and size of NBA players is a tough place to cut his teeth.

Banned

Then you probably should have your vision checked because Eric and Ben couldn't be more different in the way they are built. I've stood next to Eric Gordon before, the guy isn't any shorter than 6'4". Plus he is absolutely built. He is a MAN at the age of 18. Wade played three years in college, Gordon is a better shooter and arguably a better finisher than Wade was at the same age.
    You also thought Bynum was crap and trading J.O. for him would've been a huge mistake. To say you're bias and a questionable talent evaluator may be the understatement of the year. I'll leave it at that.

You also thought Bynum was crap and trading J.O. for him would've been a huge mistake. To say you're bias and a questionable talent evaluator may be the understatement of the year. I'll leave it at that.
    I thought trading JO for Bynum straight was a dumb move. Don't ever quite remember calling him "crap".
    You still haven't said how he's one dimensional and until you do I'm done with this. We will all see soon enough.

Banned

I thought trading JO for Bynum straight was a dumb move. Don't ever quite remember calling him "crap".
    You still haven't said how he's one dimensional and until you do I'm done with this. We will all see soon enough.
    I did several posts ago. He's scoring a lot, and not doing much more. Lousy rebounding, a lot of turnovers, nothing special when it comes to passing, and lacking the size to be a great defender in the NBA. He's both physically inferior and less skilled than Dwyane Wade was as a freshman. He may end up better than Ben Gordon, but given his size and lack of versatility and overall production, I don't see him as anything special in the NBA. Jerryd Bayless can score just as well as Eric and has promising point guard skills to boot. Mayo's not quite as good a scorer, but has better size and a more complete game. I'd take either before E.J.