Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Just a Dream

Cheeseburger in Paradise Los Angeles's Avatar

Default Re: Just a Dream

Quote Originally Posted by heywoode View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Well, I'm not saying I know what would have happened if BK hadn't been fired, but there isn't any more certainty on the side of the argument that they wouldn't have gotten past Duke, or that they would've tanked before that.

It is all speculation, and really has no meaning. My contention that they might have done better and gotten past a Maryland team that wasn't any better than Duke that year has no meaning either.

One way or the other, neither side of the speculation is delusional. It is simply opinion.

I also don't believe that there is a larger clump of Knight detractors here than anywhere else. He is definitely a polarizing topic in Indiana; people either love him or hate him. I hear both sides of it every single day, and I probably hear more negative than positive. Most people that I know are glad that he is gone.
    This is all fair, and I apologize for my aggressive language in my previous post.
    “Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.” - Winston Churchill

“If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to serve as a horrible warning.” - Catherine Aird

Default Re: Just a Dream

Quote Originally Posted by Los Angeles View Post
    This is all fair, and I apologize for my aggressive language in my previous post.
    meh, no need to apologize...anybody who knows you would know that you didn't mean anything aggressive or personal by your comment; I certainly know better than to assume you were being mean.

Quote Originally Posted by Stryder View Post
    You cannot argue things that did not happen, i.e. speculation. Knight did not coach the team; Davis did. Use of flawed logic results in an invalid argument.
    I agree. My post #24 states the same thing. There is no question that speculation is entirely and only that, speculation. I was merely stating that the speculation that the runner-up team wouldn't have even made it to the final game under BK wasn't any more valid than my speculation that they might've won it all under BK. I don't necessarily believe that, but the statement is true nonetheless.

RESIDENT COUNTING THREAD PHILOSOPHIZER