Thread: Knicks and Denver Randolf Trade Talk

Default Knicks and Denver Randolf Trade Talk

javascript:newwind('http://www.nypost.com/seven/02152008/sports/knicks/nuggets_may_make_push_for_randolph_97697.htm','111 ')

Nuggets and Knicks according to the New York Post are trying to work out a deal that would send Randolf to Denver. Could this open up doors for a potential JO trade to New York now only Curry remains?

Banned

Default Re: Knicks and Denver Randolf Trade Talk: Pacers Related

I bet they'd prefer J.O.

What do they have to offer?

Nene (health issues), J.R. Smith (attitude issues), Kleiza (SF)...anything else? Do they have any picks? Or did they all go to Philly in the A.I. deal?

Maybe we could work out a three-way trade and end up with Nene and David Lee, or something like that.

The JO portion of the trade as proposed is NOT gonna happen.

Curry...non-All-Star caliber, not good enough...

Lee...Zeke doesn't want to part with...

Nene...why take on another injured player?

Forget about this one...not gonna happen.

Banned

I'm pretty certain Isiah would part with Lee if it meant acquiring J.O. There's not many interesting pieces on the Knicks. Too many mediocre young players, even Lee is having a down year. Only their 1st interests me, and I'm not sure if they can move it. Something could be worked out to be completed after the draft, however. #5 and Marbury's expiring contract for J.O. sounds acceptable to me.

Nene and Lee doesn't sound that shabby to me.

Marbury and a pick. Tolerable.
    I'd rather die standing up than live on my knees.

-Emiliano Zapata

Quote Originally Posted by Kofi View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Only their 1st interests me, and I'm not sure if they can move it.
    I don't think they can move it at this time either. Utah owns it but it's top 23 protected. I looked at the standings and I would guess it's still mathematically possible for New York to make it out of the top 23 so it would go to Utah, but that would be all it is, a mathematical possibility.

So the only way I see us getting New Yorks pick is trading for the rights to whoever they pick after the draft.

Marbury and their pick I would do. Pick your guard or center or power forward. That plus their own pick and the Pacers are on the road to a new era.
    {o,o}
    |)__)
    -"-"-

Quote Originally Posted by D-BONE View Post
    Nene and Lee doesn't sound that shabby to me.

Marbury and a pick. Tolerable.
    I really can't see doing this trade. Yes, the draft pick could give the Pacers a prospect to develop for the future, but Marbury's injury problem wouldn't put the Pacers in a better situation than they're in right now with either JO or Tinsley. And as far as Marbury's contract is concerned, his would come off the books after next season just as JO's would provided he choose to opt out next year. Regardless, the Pacers would be in no better position trading for Marbury than they would be in retaining JO even if JO stayed for the duration.

You don't do this trade because it just doesn't make the team better in the here-and-now.

The only way the Nene/Lee for JO trade would work is if the Pacers add in another $11.5M asset. Foster is the only player the Pacers have who fits within that price range. Still, I wouldn't do this trade either, not for two players who only avg 10 ppg. Like they say on "Deal or No Deal", NO DEAL!
    Last edited by NuffSaid; 02-15-2008 at 11:51 PM.

JO is not only smooth, he's a smart guy. He is not going to opt out with 21M on the table. Not when the offers are 25% of that amount.

Therefore, cutting a year off his contract is the proper comparison in a Marbury deal. I would probably want a little more than Marbury and a pick, at minimum because Zeke will pay more than that to get JO.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by NuffSaid View Post
    I really can't see doing this trade. Yes, the draft pick could give the Pacers a prospect to develop for the future, but Marbury's injury problem wouldn't put the Pacers in a better situation than they're in right now with either JO or Tinsley. And as far as Marbury's contract is concerned, his would come off the books after next season just as JO's would provided he choose to opt out next year. Regardless, the Pacers would be in no better position trading for Marbury than they would be in retaining JO even if JO stayed for the duration.

You don't do this trade because it just doesn't make the team better in the here-and-now.

The only way the Nene/Lee for JO trade would work is if the Pacers add in another $11.5M asset. Foster is the only player the Pacers have who fits within that price range. Still, I wouldn't do this trade either, not for two players who only avg 10 ppg. Like they say on "Deal or No Deal", NO DEAL!
    This deal would give us a top-5 draft pick and a sizable amount of capspace for the 2009 offseason. I'd happily take that over an overpaid, injury-prone, jump shooting big man. Paying a deteriorating Jermaine O'Neal $22M a season is not the way to return this team to respectability. Let's stop living in the past and move on with the future. 2003 aint walking through that door any time soon.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by BlueNGold View Post
    JO is not only smooth, he's a smart guy. He is not going to opt out with 21M on the table. Not when the offers are 25% of that amount.

Therefore, cutting a year off his contract is the proper comparison in a Marbury deal. I would probably want a little more than Marbury and a pick, at minimum because Zeke will pay more than that to get JO.
    Let's not overvalue Jermaine too much. We've done that for a while now and look where it's gotten us. If we can get a top-5 pick and a solid point guard and his huge expiring contract, we need to take it and run. Two lottery picks in a likely guard-strong draft could secure our backcourt for a very long time. Imagine picking up Mayo or Gordon at #5 and Bayless at #9 to go along with Danny and Shawne. Now that's something to build a future around.

Sports Logo

Minor thing....but can the title of the post be changed?

The article is posted at:

http://www.nypost.com/seven/02152008...olph_97697.htm

When I read the title of the thread, I thought that the Pacers may be or could get involved.....but there is no mention of JONeal ( nor the Pacers ) in the article at all.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

All is full of Orange! Mourning's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    Minor thing....but can the title of the post be changed?

The article is posted at:

http://www.nypost.com/seven/02152008...olph_97697.htm

When I read the title of the thread, I thought that the Pacers may be or could get involved.....but there is no mention of JONeal ( nor the Pacers ) in the article at all.
    Yup! That's what I was thinking aswell... there's no Pacers mention in there at all.
    2012 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2011 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2006 PD ABA Fantasy League runner up, sports.ws

Just a quick note, we can't get the Knicks' pick this year. It's Utah's, top 20 or something protected.

Feed the big fella. Infinite MAN_force's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rexnom View Post
    Just a quick note, we can't get the Knicks' pick this year. It's Utah's, top 20 or something protected.
    your right, but we all know the knicks will be inside the top 20, we could let them pick for us... and trade for marbury + the player they picked.

I cant believe some people think that isnt enough, a top 5 pick + 20 mill in salary relief... we could not expect any better for JO. In fact that seems almost rediculously good. Your looking at the possibilty of two top ten picks in a strong draft.
    "As a bearded man, i was very disappointed in Love. I am gathering other bearded men to discuss the status of Kevin Love's beard. I am motioning that it must be shaved."

- ilive4sports

Default Re: Knicks and Denver Randolf Trade Talk

Infinite-

I'm with ya man. If it was possible to get Marbury + that NY
    pick (or player taken at our request) for J.O., TBTP should
    be doing a collective cartwheel. That'd be a best case
    scenario in my book.

JO is not worth a top 5 pick, not even NY would overpay that badly.

Doesn't Marbury expire at the same time as JO, even if JO keeps the deal?

So the trade is JO for top 5 pick, right?

And that's if its legal to trade a pick that could potentially go to someone else. It should be in the rules that you can trade a pick if its above 16 to one, 16 or below to another team, or something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by bulldog View Post
    Doesn't Marbury expire at the same time as JO, even if JO keeps the deal?

So the trade is JO for top 5 pick, right?

And that's if its legal to trade a pick that could potentially go to someone else. It should be in the rules that you can trade a pick if its above 16 to one, 16 or below to another team, or something like that.
    Yes they expire at the same time.

New York can't trade their pick since it belongs to Utah at this time. They only get to keep it if it's in the top 23. If they don't keep it, it goes to Utah.

So, the only way we could get their pick is to trade for the rights to the player after New York makes their pick. Right now of course we don't know where New York will get to pick. One, the season isn't over and two, they could move up or down depending on the lottery.

So, no we couldn't trade for Marbury and their pick before the trade deadline!

Banned

Everything I've seen has Marbury's contract expiring next season, while O'Neal's doesn't expire until a year later, assuming he declines his P.O.
    Last edited by Kofi; 02-16-2008 at 07:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kofi View Post
    Everything I've seen has Marbury's contract expiring next season, while O'Neal's doesn't expire until a year later, assuming he declines his P.O.
    I just checked it out. Four out of five sites have Marbury's contract expiring next season. That includes,Story's, Patricia's, Hoopshype, and RealGm. The only one that has him with two years is ESPN.

I guess I would go with RealGM since I've read the NBA is using software they developed.

we need to trade for JR Smith...
    "GIMMIE DAT!"-DANGER