Thread: Reggie's performance the last 2 games

Default Reggie's performance the last 2 games

has shown that he is not washed up. He is still effective, and like Quinn/Al say, he picks and chooses his spots.

I just wish he would choose his spots more often.

He shows that he can make even the most difficult shots and can turn it on whenever he wants to. Why doesn't he do this every game? Why did he turn it on last night and against Atlanta, but not others?

We know it's not because he is too old to be productive. I just don't know why he doesn't play like this game in and game out.

Does anybody have a thought as to why Reggie doesn't "turn it on" more often, besides the constant "he's older now and just can't do the things he used to" stuff?

Remember: Age is a question of mind over matter. If you donít mind, it doesnít matter.

Default Re: Reggie's performance the last 2 games

First of all it seems that Reg once again (better yet still) played with the ankle problem, according to the comments i read:

(On his ankle) "Itís starting to feel good. Iím getting my legs underneath me. But I donít want to get ahead of myself. The ankle is starting to feel pretty good. I think our guys really stepped up tonight and our offense is right now, and has been going through Ron and Jermaine. But Rick is calling more plays for me now.Ē

Reg has obviously still worked his way back from his ankle problems. that is not all however, ever since Tins returned Reg got the chance to take his shots in rythm, something very important for Reg and "in time". with KA or AJ in the point the offense is about 5 -8 seconds slower, a lifetime for a shooter.

Also Tins knows how Reg likes 'm and gets them to him.

In the beginning his shots came of those kind of passes, Tins closed his 1st Q with 5 Ast and 3 of them were on Reg for 8

with the floor more spread as well, he gets his chance and obviously RC is calling plays for him.

As he says so hiself, he is happy with his role and he sees the main offense coming from JO, Ron & Al. but if Al is not in like last night, then he can take over, which for us adds offense and promises a pleasant experience around playoff time, if JO, Tins AND Reg step up like JO and Tind did last year, then who can beat us ?
    So Long And Thanks For All The Fish.

If you've done 6 impossible things today?
    Then why not have Breakfast at Milliways!

Ever since Tins returned Reg got the chance to take his shots in rhythm, something very important for Reg and "in time". With KA or AJ in the point the offense is about 5 -8 seconds slower, a lifetime for a shooter.

B-I-N-G-O.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

First of all it seems that Reg once again (better yet still) played with the ankle problem, according to the comments i read:

(On his ankle) "Itís starting to feel good. Iím getting my legs underneath me. But I donít want to get ahead of myself. The ankle is starting to feel pretty good. I think our guys really stepped up tonight and our offense is right now, and has been going through Ron and Jermaine. But Rick is calling more plays for me now.Ē

Reg has obviously still worked his way back from his ankle problems. that is not all however, ever since Tins returned Reg got the chance to take his shots in rythm, something very important for Reg and "in time". with KA or AJ in the point the offense is about 5 -8 seconds slower, a lifetime for a shooter.

Also Tins knows how Reg likes 'm and gets them to him.

In the beginning his shots came of those kind of passes, Tins closed his 1st Q with 5 Ast and 3 of them were on Reg for 8

with the floor more spread as well, he gets his chance and obviously RC is calling plays for him.

As he says so hiself, he is happy with his role and he sees the main offense coming from JO, Ron & Al. but if Al is not in like last night, then he can take over, which for us adds offense and promises a pleasant experience around playoff time, if JO, Tins AND Reg step up like JO and Tind did last year, then who can beat us ?
    Exactly. It seems to be a combination of his ankle healing, him getting back into game shape, and Tins finding him in rhythm. Earlier in the year, when we played a more halfcourt-oriented offense, Reggie was really struggling to get free off of screens. He was pretty gimpy.

If Reg can play even half as well as he did last night, we've got no major glaring weaknesses, at least in our starting five.

Maybe this thread was posted too soon?
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!