Thread: game tonight for close family and friends only

Default game tonight for close family and friends only

Obviously the thread title is a joke. But it might be a good game to go to tonight. Who knows how many will show up, (and the weather really isn't too bad) but I remember a couple of seasons ago when the Pacers played the Wizards and only about 3,000 showed up due to the weather, they let people sit where ever they wanted. No guarantee that will happen tonight, but it might be worth a gamble. Buying $10.00 seats and sitting 5 rows off the floor is a pretty good deal.
    Last edited by Unclebuck; 02-12-2008 at 03:58 PM.

Default Re: game tonight for close family and friends only

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Obviously the thread title is a joke. But it might be a good game to go to tonight. Who knows how many will show up, (and the weather really isn't too bad) but I remember a couple of seasons ago when the Pacers played the Wizards and only about 3,000 showed up due to the weather, they let people sit where ever they want. No guarantee that will happen tonight, but it might be worth a gamble. Buying $10.00 seats and sitting 5 rows off the floor is a pretty good deal.
    I had $10.00 seats and sat courtside at that game for the first half! We were eventually kicked out of those seats though. The usher who told us to move down failed to mention that it was for rows 7 and up only it was kind of embarassing.

Tree People to the Core! indygeezer's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

The weather isn't too bad? Uh buck do you realize that the schools are sending kids home early and canceling activities due to the freezing rain out there. The wife just left for home andi'm about to do the same. So if it's nice where you are then I'm coming to visit.
    If you get to thinkiní youíre a person of some influence, try orderiní somebody elseís dog around..

Quote Originally Posted by indygeezer View Post
    The weather isn't too bad? Uh buck do you realize that the schools are sending kids home early and canceling activities due to the freezing rain out there. The wife just left for home andi'm about to do the same. So if it's nice where you are then I'm coming to visit.
    It is 45 degrees and sunny where I am on the beautiful northwest wide of Indy. Well almost

Good I hope everyone is off the roads tonight. The snow/ice isn't a problem, it is all the bad drivers out there.

I just walked outside due to UB's weather report here and twisted my ankle on the ICE! I blame Unclebuck!!!!!

....Ok... Not really... Altho I did just step outside and it didn't take me long to realize my chances of staying upright were fairly low AND the mist falling from the sky was MORE freezing rain. So back inside I came!

-Bball
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

-John Wooden

It is 45 degrees and sunny where I am on the beautiful northwest wide of Indy. Well almost
    Now this is the time of optimism this team needs, go Buck!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bball View Post
    I just walked outside due to UB's weather report here and twisted my ankle on the ICE! I blame Unclebuck!!!!!

....Ok... Not really... Altho I did just step outside and it didn't take me long to realize my chances of staying upright were fairly low AND the mist falling from the sky was MORE freezing rain. So back inside I came!

-Bball
    Whimp - don't let the weather deter you from whatever you were going to do. (Of course it is easy for me to say all this sitting in my nice warm office)

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I'll be there...
    STARBURY

08 and Beyond

Whimp - don't let the weather deter you from whatever you were going to do. (Of course it is easy for me to say all this sitting in my nice warm office)

Honestly, I can't even walk outside. There is just a sheet of ice. It was all I could do to get to the car and back with my cellphone I left in it on the charger last night.

There's nothing quite like the feeling of sliding with nothing to grab onto. I don't know how the roads are because I couldn't walk down my driveway safely to check on the road. I tried. I have a long driveway and it's on a hill. If my mail and newspaper made it today, I figure they'll still be there tomorrow.

Snow is one thing but pure ice is entirely another issue.

-Bball

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

-John Wooden

Honestly, I can't even walk outside. There is just a sheet of ice. It was all I could do to get to the car and back with my cellphone I left in it on the charger last night.

There's nothing quite like the feeling of sliding with nothing to grab onto. I don't know how the roads are because I couldn't walk down my driveway safely to check on the road. I tried. I have a long driveway and it's on a hill. If my mail and newspaper made it today, I figure they'll still be there tomorrow.

Snow is one thing but pure ice is entirely another issue.

-Bball
    Do you live south of Indy or the southside, i've heard it is worse down there
    Last edited by Unclebuck; 02-12-2008 at 05:28 PM.

I'm about 70 miles south of Indy....

------

-John Wooden

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I just got back from class downtown. It's a little nasty down there. Lots of slush.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

The roads aren't TOO bad here.. Except for the back roads.. But everything else is very slick.. ICE IS EVERYWHERE!! Lol, I live about 20 miles south of Indy, and we basically only got ice, supposed to get like 6 inches of snow but we only got like maybe an inch of ice.. Sucks. My school superintendent isn't too cool either. No delay, and no sending home early. All of us kids were out scraping all our windows off that were all totally covered with ice while we were in school.. It was horrible.. I wish we could just get rid of that superintendent! (He's from Colorado.)

NaptownSeth is all feel Naptown_Seth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    I just got back from class downtown. It's a little nasty down there. Lots of slush.
    I decided to come home from the west side via Washington due to the weather. Sloppy but not horrible UNTIL I hit the White River Bridge which is nothing but piles of snow and ice, and that extends on around the bend past Victory right up to West St.

You've been warned. This is one of those days/nights when "bridges freeze first" really comes into play.

I might run over myself, depends on the wife. If people weren't showing up on decent days, this looks to be a record setting low for Conseco, especially with no KG playing.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I work dowtown and live on the southside. I forgot my ticket today so I'm home now getting it, but the roads really weren't that bad. The drivers, however are a different story. Tonight is a college night and they gave away a lot of tickets for tonight's game through promo stuff so I'm sure it will be like a normal game. Go Pacers!!!!

I'd tell you how the whether is here but I don't want people swearing at me. (grin)

NaptownSeth is all feel Naptown_Seth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Will Galen View Post
    I'd tell you how the whether is here but I don't want people swearing at me. (grin)
    Pitchers and catchers report. Lucky SOB.

Almost pulled the trigger on a trip down there to get out of this crap for a few days, but we just can't spend the money right now.

I'm about 70 miles south of Indy....
    Bball you in Bedford by any chance? I am.
    "He wanted to get to that money time. Time when the hardware was on the table. That's when Roger was going to show up. So all we needed to do was stay close"
    Darnell Hillman (Speaking of former teammate Roger Brown)

Quote Originally Posted by aceace View Post
    Bball you in Bedford by any chance? I am.
    Shhhh Don't say that too loud. Anthem will send an angry mob with pitchforks and torches after me if he finds out where I live!

-Bball

------

-John Wooden

Cloudy
    76įF
    Feels Like
    76įF

Updated Feb 12 08:25 p.m. ET