Thread: IND/DAL/NJ

Pacers 4 Life.31 and only Pacers4Life's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default IND/DAL/NJ

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=2990~136~429~181~802~841~2200~ 615~1024&teams=6~11~6~11~17~11~6~17~17&te=&cash=
    check it out, tell me what you think.

Pacers unload JO and Tinsley which seems to be what majority of the people want, give up Marquis Daniels who's play has actually been decent of late, but really hasn't been consistent enough to write home about. Pacers get a stud at SG (yes I still consider Vinsanity an outstanding player) receives some much needed leadership at the point and we add another able bodied big man who works hard. Only this is I don't like Dampier's contract but just add that to the list of the ones we already have.

Dallas receives Jason Kidd without giving up Devin Harris or Josh Howard which was their main concern. They get to unload Dampier's undeserving high contract and get to toy around with Josh Boone...lol

New Jersey gets some much needed help up front with JO also while seemingly replacing Kidd with Tinsley. And if Marcus Williams is like anyways, why not let him learn from him? Stackhouse brings consistently good play to the SG position and all of this happens while letting them hold onto their best player in Richard Jefferson.

My only deterrent on this is that now that I'm looking at it, I'm not sure Dallas receives enough in return. I'm really not sure how high they are on Dampier, but if need be Foster could replace Daniels and it works but I really don't want to part with him yet. It also works with us sending DAL Ike or Shawne as well. So unless we could somehow entice them with something like that or with a pick from either us or NJ, I dunno.

What do you guys think?

terry/diener
    VC/Rush
    Granger/Dunleavy/(Shawne?)
    T Murph/(Diogu?)
    Foster/Dampier/Harrison
    Last edited by Pacers4Life; 02-11-2008 at 10:19 PM.
    Reggie Miller is a God. Period.

Passion. Pride. Pacers.

It's ALWAYS Miller Time.
    #31 & Only

Default Re: IND/DAL/NJ

ok, i just re did it now where we send Shawne to Dallas as well, i think that this makes it more legit because I truly just don't see Dallas doing it otherwise.

Heres that one: http://games.espn.go.com/nba/feature...17~6&te=&cash=

haha my mind is racing with ideas and thoughts. I need to just chill for a little bit

Passion. Pride. Pacers.

It's ALWAYS Miller Time.
    #31 & Only

I dont see the Pacers or NJ making that trade. JO and Kidd are even, so you have to ask yourself why NJ would take Tinsley and Stackhouse for Vince and Boone. Also I dont think there is a team in the NBA that would take Dampiers contract, the Pacers are locked in with an aging team with long contracts until 2012 in that scenario with no room to move and no room to resign Granger without going way over the cap. We would be even worse off than the Knicks in my opinion. Vince, Dampier, Murphy, Dunleavy and Terry on the squad until 2012 taking up around 50 million of the cap. Vince would be in his mid to late 30s by then as would Dampier and Terry, with Dunleavy and Murphy in their early 30s. Honestly in 2012 we would have Vince, Terry, and Dampier taking up half the cap with all 35 or older.
    Half of the time we're gone, but we don't know where.

didn't think about that too much, good call

Passion. Pride. Pacers.

It's ALWAYS Miller Time.
    #31 & Only

Banned

If we're desperate to put something together now, I think this is a solid trade. 3 veterans, all 3 fairly talented, even Dampier imo (nice rebounder, shot blocker, decent scorer). However, taking into account the size of the salaries we'd be receiving, it would even further screw us up in the long-term, so I'd have to pass.

Interesting idea...

RESIDENT COUNTING THREAD PHILOSOPHIZER